Residency

When looking at cruises I see a box for "Residency" We are two passengers one living in New York & one in Florida. I cannot see any benefit to either state of residency. Am I doing something wrong.

When looking at cruises I see a box for "Residency" We are two passengers one living in New York & one in Florida. I cannot see any benefit to either state of residency. Am I doing something wrong.

try it both ways. Often there is a discount for a particular state. After booking you should check often to see if a discount is available for 1 of your states.

If you don't see any benefit, it probably indicates only that at the present time, no residency discount is available on your cruise for those who live in one or the other. Keep checking as they sometimes offer them as the sailing date approaches.:)

If you don't see any benefit, it probably indicates only that at the present time, no residency discount is available on your cruise for those who live in one or the other. Keep checking as they sometimes offer them as the sailing date approaches.:)

Another word of caution: If you see a Residency Rate for your state, calll RCI or your TA immediately. I've noticed that these "specials" don't last long. The keys are, check frequently and act quickly! Good luck!

Be prepared to prove residency. For a few years local travel agents were claiming the discount for their clients, their clients were "shocked" when they got to the pier andhad to pay extra or be denied boarding because of a false residency discount claim.

Archived