Oasis of the Seas Deck 10 ??? Any good?

Has anyone stayed on this deck please? Our Travel agent suggest the starboard size with a balcony:)

When we booked our cruise, out TA booked us on deck 10 since I requested mid ship. She said it was half way between everything. We are booked on the port side with a balcony, but have had starboard side balconies before. Rather enjoyed them when in port, get to see people running and "holding":rolleyes::D the ship for their parties when it's close to leaving. Can be very entertaining.

We stayed on the starbard side on the april 17 trip.our cabin was 10647 wich is near the begining of the central park overview.It was a very quiet cabin but I would stay more forward if possible if you want more than a view of the raising bar.

We were in 10606, starboard midships. It was a great location! As stated, you get a great view of the folks running for the gangway in port! Our only drawback was we were on the backside of the hump; I'd rather be on the front of the hump.

If you're a stair person, 10 is really nice, you're 5 decks from the promenade, and 5 decks from the pools. If you choose to, you can walk to either. We were very happy and if you can get a good midship cabin, I'd take it!

We are booked like 3 or 4 rooms back from the front of the ship on deck 10 on the starboard side...I would love this location on a smaller ship but being on such a large ship if anything is on the back of the boat we are going to be hiking quite a bit...I do like to take the stairs and it is pretty close to the forward stairs but would have loved this deck somewhere near the middle of the ship...but my category is sold out on this cruise so they can't move us and to go up 1 category they want over $2,000...worse case scenario, I get some exercise:eek:

We picked deck 10 for our 2011 cruise so we could be "in the middle" of everything. 5 flights up or down for the kids when they want food. We're closer to the back of the ship as that is where it seems we spend most of our time.

We were in room 10586 last week. Great location! Starboard side, so we had a great view of the islands in St. Thomas and St. Maarten. In Nassau, we had a great view of a Carnival ship. haha!

Balcony rooms are great! We wouldn't sail any other way!

Check to see what is across the hall from you. You don't want to be across from a kitchen area. We always make sure we're across from an interior room.

Have fun! We had a blast!

• 5 years later...

I am trying to find out if 10606 has a larger balcony, as it is on the back of the hump. I am looking to switch to that room becuase of the possiblity of the larger balcony. Do you have any help you can give me on this. I know the view is more limited, but I would trade that for a larger balcony. Thanks in advance.

We were in 10606, starboard midships. It was a great location! As stated, you get a great view of the folks running for the gangway in port! Our only drawback was we were on the backside of the hump; I'd rather be on the front of the hump.

If you're a stair person, 10 is really nice, you're 5 decks from the promenade, and 5 decks from the pools. If you choose to, you can walk to either. We were very happy and if you can get a good midship cabin, I'd take it!

• 7 years later...
On 3/5/2016 at 7:06 AM, brl said:

I am trying to find out if 10606 has a larger balcony, as it is on the back of the hump. I am looking to switch to that room becuase of the possiblity of the larger balcony. Do you have any help you can give me on this. I know the view is more limited, but I would trade that for a larger balcony. Thanks in advance.

Did you end up switching to 10606?  I have it on hold right now because that balcony did look a little larger.  What did you mean by “I know the view is more limited?”  If you stayed in that cabin, did you like it?  Should I go ahead and book it? Also, I notice it’s not right in the middle—a bit more mid-forward.  Is that a problem for movement?  I always try to get as close to directly midship as I can.  Thanks!  I hope you’ll see this post since the thread is 7 years old! 🙂

52 minutes ago, Linsifer said:

Did you end up switching to 10606?  I have it on hold right now because that balcony did look a little larger.  What did you mean by “I know the view is more limited?”  If you stayed in that cabin, did you like it?  Should I go ahead and book it? Also, I notice it’s not right in the middle—a bit more mid-forward.  Is that a problem for movement?  I always try to get as close to directly midship as I can.  Thanks!  I hope you’ll see this post since the thread is 7 years old! 🙂

Actually, it's 13 years old.  The last response is 7 years, and the previous response to that was 5 years before.

• Like 1