What was something you wish you had remembered?

MommasLove

I never pay over $3.00 for a 12/pack of coke. I can always find either coke or pepsi on sale at our local grocery store, Meijer, Walmart, or Target for $2.00 - $2.50/12 pack.

i too buy it on sale

Extra contact lenses, if you wear them. My DH forgot to pack his on our recent trip to Cancun (despite it being on his list of things to pack). And, wouldn't you know it, he lost one on our first full day there. I wanted to KILL him.

After several expensive calls to the eye doctor back home we were able to get a faxed copy of his prescription. The concierge was kind enough to call around and find an office locally that had some in stock. What a pain! But Thank God it worked out.

Anyway . . . . since the cruise ship won't have any extra contact lenses floating around you're best not to forget them. I always bring at least two backup pair, just to be extra safe.

Deep woods Bug spray. We brought ours because we pre booked our ATV and horseback riding excursions but everyone that went borrowed it as they forgot theirs. There are a lot of zip lining excursions......

Nyquil- I got flu symptoms in Roatan and a small bottle of nyquil is 14.99 on the ship...............

Forgot a book.........

I forgot my hair brush once and had to wait until a port day to buy one.

A little purse size umbrella - good for rain or long waits to get back on the boat in the glaring sun.

A mesh beach bag - just pick it up and shake the sand out when you leave the beach.

I'm a first time cruiser, leaving in 2 weeks on the Fantasy ship. Besides the normal things like clothes, camera, highlighter, hair supplies, is there something that you forgot to bring that you wish you would have? Or does anyone have any good tips on things to bring?

Thanks for any help :)

Hi there!

Most cabins only have one plug so I always bring a 6-plug cord. Make sure you bring an adaptor. The plug is usually only a 2 prong one and the cord is 3. You need it for charging your camera, cell phone, laptop, shaver, etc!

Have fun. You will love cruising! I am leaving in 10 days--Can't wait!!!

Gail

DH left his prescription sunglasses in our vehicle at the airport in Detroit. We had to make a quick trip to a drug store to find him some clip ons to go over his glasses. He hated them. But since he can't wear contacts he was SOL. I can guarantee he won't forget them again.:D

Walmart has sunglasses for those of us that have to wear glasses. I'm not talking about the wrap-around humongus ones. These are actually made to where over eyeglasses and look like normal sunglasses. You have to look really hard to see the eyeglasses. I love them. When you go inside you just put them up on your head and don't have to worry about having a place to keep clip-ons safe. They cost around $18.

Hi there!

Most cabins only have one plug so I always bring a 6-plug cord. Make sure you bring an adaptor. The plug is usually only a 2 prong one and the cord is 3. You need it for charging your camera, cell phone, laptop, shaver, etc!

Have fun. You will love cruising! I am leaving in 10 days--Can't wait!!!

Gail

Be very careful with the type of cord you take. Ours was not compatible and actually burnt up....scared the beegeebees out of us...we'll manage with one outlet from now on.

Walmart has sunglasses for those of us that have to wear glasses. I'm not talking about the wrap-around humongus ones. These are actually made to where over eyeglasses and look like normal sunglasses. You have to look really hard to see the eyeglasses. I love them. When you go inside you just put them up on your head and don't have to worry about having a place to keep clip-ons safe. They cost around $18.

That's where we went when we got to FLA and those are what we got him. He hated them. DS has a pair too that we bought him for drivers training as he too refuses to do contacts or have prescription sun glasses made for him. They both don't like them for some reason. I think they look better than the huge ugly wrap around things too. DH needs his prescription sun glasses and DS would rather go blind with regular sun glasses or with out any shades at all. Not me. I wear contacts and just get a regular pair of sun glasses. I pack a few extra pairs of contacts and I'm all set.

A nightlight would be helpful since the rooms are pitch black at night, even with a balcony- the curtains are pretty thick.

A couple of battery-operated candles are awesome for this purpose - they don't take up a plug-in and give off a nice, soft glow. I personally like the little tea light ones because they are inexpensive and don't take up much room in the suitcase.

Binoculars, I wish I remembered Binoculars.

Good one. We really like having those along. Especially when sailing around Cuba. There's just something about looking at that "forbidden" place that is fun, even though there isn't much to see.

What was something you wish you had remembered?

Sorry, I forget. :p:p

Seriously -- A sleep machine that makes a constant static noise, to drown out miscellaneous noises. They are small and pack easily.

And you might want an extra memory card for your camera, especially if you take a lot of videos like me.

Extra contact lenses, if you wear them. My DH forgot to pack his on our recent trip to Cancun (despite it being on his list of things to pack). And, wouldn't you know it, he lost one on our first full day there. I wanted to KILL him.

After several expensive calls to the eye doctor back home we were able to get a faxed copy of his prescription. The concierge was kind enough to call around and find an office locally that had some in stock. What a pain! But Thank God it worked out.

Anyway . . . . since the cruise ship won't have any extra contact lenses floating around you're best not to forget them. I always bring at least two backup pair, just to be extra safe.

Really good advice. If you wear contacts and have glasses that you normally wear around the house, don't forget those. I promise you'll want them at some point or another. :)

A couple of battery-operated candles are awesome for this purpose - they don't take up a plug-in and give off a nice, soft glow. I personally like the little tea light ones because they are inexpensive and don't take up much room in the suitcase.

Great idea! Thanks for sharing. About how long does one last?

• 2 weeks later...

I just remembered another: Change your watch battery. There's nothing more frustrating than to have your watch battery run out. It might be difficult if not impossible to get it changed on the cruise.

Archived