Darn you Royal Caribbean and FOS

We just got off our first cruise yesterday and all I can think about is planning another cruise! It was great! We loved the ports, though we felt the beach in Labadee left a little to be desired (just our opinion). And although we were sailing at capacity, there were only a few times the ship felt crowded to us. We enjoyed people watching, especially the cute old drunks ;). The staff was amazing, especially our room steward. Our 2yo enjoyed the baby splash zone and sprinkles. I always found plenty to eat,while my husband on the other hand was disapointed. The MDR staff did however, go out of their way to prepare a special dinner for him which was served family style at our table and that pleased him. We also found it easy to navigate the ship with our Maclaren twin stroller. I thoroughly enjoyed the Quest and the Ice Show; both are not to be missed. All in all it was awesome and we'll definately be cruising again.

We just got off our first cruise yesterday and all I can think about is planning another cruise! It was great! We loved the ports, though we felt the beach in Labadee left a little to be desired (just our opinion). And although we were sailing at capacity, there were only a few times the ship felt crowded to us. We enjoyed people watching, especially the cute old drunks ;). The staff was amazing, especially our room steward. Our 2yo enjoyed the baby splash zone and sprinkles. I always found plenty to eat,while my husband on the other hand was disapointed. The MDR staff did however, go out of their way to prepare a special dinner for him which was served family style at our table and that pleased him. We also found it easy to navigate the ship with our Maclaren twin stroller. I thoroughly enjoyed the Quest and the Ice Show; both are not to be missed. All in all it was awesome and we'll definately be cruising again.

Glad you enjoyed.

For the record we don't get Labadee either. I keep reading "there is so much to see and do" but there really isn't. And as you say the beach really isn't all that.

Welcome to the obsessive world of the cruise addict. You have plenty of company.

As for Labadee, I wasn't expecting much and found it to be lovely. However, those were the days before the roller coaster and before they started segregating the guests into valued suite guest versus others, limiting where you could and could not go if you're standing was less than lofty. I don't think I'd take another cruise that stops at Labadee now. It sounds like it would no longer be a quiet relaxing beach day and that's really the ONLY thing it had going for it.

Welcome to the obsessive world of the cruise addict. You have plenty of company.

As for Labadee, I wasn't expecting much and found it to be lovely. However, those were the days before the roller coaster and before they started segregating the guests into valued suite guest versus others, limiting where you could and could not go if you're standing was less than lofty. I don't think I'd take another cruise that stops at Labadee now. It sounds like it would no longer be a quiet relaxing beach day and that's really the ONLY thing it had going for it.

The beach had far too many rocks. It was nice to have a tent as shade and the labadoozies were good too. My DH wants to skip Labadee next time also.

The beach had far too many rocks. It was nice to have a tent as shade and the labadoozies were good too. My DH wants to skip Labadee next time also.

Did you not see the beach that was on the opposite side? We too were not pleased with the rocks in the water - were about to head back to the ship when we noticed another beach - pretty much the opposite side of where we were with the rocks. Calm water and smooth sand. It was kind of beside where the private suite beach area was. Needless to say, the Labadee beach day has become one of my favourite!

Did you not see the beach that was on the opposite side? We too were not pleased with the rocks in the water - were about to head back to the ship when we noticed another beach - pretty much the opposite side of where we were with the rocks. Calm water and smooth sand. It was kind of beside where the private suite beach area was. Needless to say, the Labadee beach day has become one of my favourite!

Unfortunately we didn't see the other beach :(. We really like the itinerary and the FOS so I can definately see us going that route again. Maybe we'll give Labadee second chance.

To each their own. Labadee is nice and I love the new suite area. For what suite guests pay, no problem with giving them a nice area just for them.:)

Thats all fine and dandy, but i paid my fair share as well. I can understand giving them perks, but not if it takes away from others. That is my opinion!

We got off FOS yesterday and when we were at Labadee we rode the coaster since it was new. The beaches are less then stellar so we headed back to the ship. My wife wanted me to get her a soda so at the time, the closest buffet was just past this long wall. I stepped thru the open gate and was set upon by the attendent like white on rice. I said I just wanted to get my wife a soda and not stay. Sorry no way was I allowed. I know rules are rules but there was no apparent signage and they were more aggresive then the situation called for in my opinion:(. We made no fuss just turned and walked back to the ship. Next cruise this will be a ship day for us. Just my 2 cents.:)

ps: last night I watched Titanic and while a soda is no where near this kind of tragedy I couldn't help but notice the locked gates to 1'st class and the crew refusing entry to the bitter end. 2nd class was very obvious at Labadee:rolleyes:. JMHO

I loved Labadee. Absolutely loved it, but this was before the pier, and before the "suite beaches". Does anyone have a map as to which beach(es) are for suite guests only?

I speak Haitian Creole, and I spent half my day buying paintings.. I would go back in a heart beat.

To each their own. Labadee is nice and I love the new suite area. For what suite guests pay, no problem with giving them a nice area just for them.:)

Just curious, did you sneak a peak over the wall or were you a suite guest that day. This may provide some perspective on your opinion. For most people it is easyer to stand on the inside looking out then on the outside looking in;):D

I loved Labadee. Absolutely loved it, but this was before the pier, and before the "suite beaches". Does anyone have a map as to which beach(es) are for suite guests only?

I speak Haitian Creole, and I spent half my day buying paintings.. I would go back in a heart beat.

I have a map from Feb. I would be happy to email to you. Send me a note to

melissasown at hotmail dot com. No spaces.

<P>Haven't been to Labadee in a couple of years and don't recall any area for high paying quest. Which area is being referred to here and what does it require to enter this area.</P>

From the outside you can't really tell what it is. There is a little blocked off area with security guards. You are required to show your seapass card to indicate that your are a suite guest. It is a private beach area with cabanas. Once you walk off the pier and through the gates, it is down a little to your right.

I can just hear it in the background now "You made me love you, I didn't wanna do it, I didn't wanna do it". Isn't she awesome? I'm planning a cruiser on her again next year.

I can just hear it in the background now "You made me love you, I didn't wanna do it, I didn't wanna do it". Isn't she awesome? I'm planning a cruiser on her again next year.

She is a beautiful ship! We are also planning another cruise on her next year with other family members we've be bragging to.

I used to love Labadee, but no longer. I was there in February and saw the changes, which weren't to my liking. They have cabanas now where the most beautiful sandy beach was before. It's a very long pier and requires a lot of walking to the beach area.

Labadee was once unspoiled and pristine, but now it's all manmade and another source of revenue.

It's too bad!

Ginnie

Archived