Watch out for falling prices...!

Tapi

Watch out! Prices are falling!

Just got off the phone with my PVP. 3 months out before our August cruise and I just got $200 refunded back to my credit card (still outside of penalty but had paid in full).

That was a good way to start the week. Check your cruise. Maybe you have a similar surprise waiting for you!

(I do wonder if the oil spill is affecting bookings for sailings out of gulf embarkation ports. I'm booked on a 7 night out of New Orleans and the price now is substantially cheaper than other 7 nights out of Tampa, Galveston or Port Canaveral for the same week...)

Just got off the phone with my PVP. 3 months out before our August cruise and I just got $200 refunded back to my credit card (still outside of penalty but had paid in full).

That was a good way to start the week. Check your cruise. Maybe you have a similar surprise waiting for you!

(I do wonder if the oil spill is affecting bookings for sailings out of gulf embarkation ports. I'm booked on a 7 night out of New Orleans and the price now is substantially cheaper than other 7 nights out of Tampa, Galveston or Port Canaveral for the same week...)

Yes, we had $100 taken off our balance the other day as our cabin and cat price dropped! :D

If I received an OBC, where would I find it?

I'm clueless... we booked through an agency I found on Cruise Compete. So where do I check to see if the price has fallen? I'm assuming I would have to be checking, that this agency isn't going to just credit me!

Does this apply only if you purchased via Carnival?

Sorry for the question!

Oh well!:( Our balcony for Jan.2011 has gone up today another

$20. So far that makes about $70 more than what we booked sooo we got a good price but no OBC yet!

I am not complaining as I think the price is great even without a drop.:p

Could I still get a price reduction if I've already paid in full and we are within 6 wks of sailing? thanks

IF you booked Early Saver you can get price drops up till 2 days before sailing.

(given in the form of OnBoard Credit --'money' to spend on the ship--if final payment has been paid)

No such luck on our September cruise out of Mobile. But awesome for you! Congrats!!

Lucky you! We just booked for next March using ES for the first time (we usually use Veteran's discount). Hoping for price drops over the next 300 days!

We book using the Interline rate, however this time we were tempted to book under ES just to make sure that we could take advantage of any discounts after final payment. We still went ahead and booked under the interline rate though. For us, even with the latest price drop, the interline rate is still about $95pp less than ES so we're still on the winning end.

However, if ES goes below the interline rate, I'm SURE it will be after final payment when we're locked in...:rolleyes:

Archived