Candles

OC Mom

Are There Restrictions on What We Can Bring Aboard?spacer.gifTicket Contract: Page 44. (a) Each fully paid adult guest will be allowed an unlimited amount of baggage free of charge. Baggage means only trunks, valises, satchels, bags, hangers and bundles with their contents consisting of only such wearing apparel, toilet articles and similar personal effects as are necessary and appropriate for the purpose of the journey.

X-Ray Security Machines for security purposes, carnival limits the size of hand-carry luggage to 11"X 17", which is the dimension of the opening of the X-ray security machine (similar to those used at the airport); there is no measurement for length as the hand-carry luggage will lay flat on the conveyer belt. Luggage larger than 11"X 17" will not be permitted through the security machine and must be checked-in with a curbside porter.

Safety Precautions due to "Safety Precautions", the following items are not permitted onboard:

Irons

Heating Pads

Candles

Just in case anyone is tempted to ignore the prohihition on candles, be aware that the smoke detectors in your stateroom are very sensitive (and, no, we weren't dumb enough to bring candles, LOL). B&P

I would think that a thousand people on a ship smoking in their cabins far outweighs the risk of a few small candles. Also, a lit cigarette would set off a sprinkler sooner than a cigarette would.

I would think that a thousand people on a ship smoking in their cabins far outweighs the risk of a few small candles. Also, a lit cigarette would set off a sprinkler sooner than a cigarette would.

All that doesn't matter (even if I did agree with what you said, which I don't)

Cigarettes are allowed...candles are NOT.

With a ship rocking and rolling on occasion, candles are SO not safe. Please don't bring any.

Ok, ok, I got ya! No candles, understood. Better to know now than later. I do however agree with Cruisinfanatic that all those smokers onboard are probably more "job security" for the firefighter than my little tealight candle. Don't worry, I won't bring any. :)

Thanks.

Constant open flame, rocking ship.... two things that don't mix well. I guess one could ASSUME that if smoking was as high a danger, it would not be allowed... there are obvious reasons candles are not allowed.... much more of a risk on a rocking ship than cigarettes.

Archived