Price Drop - UK Customers

Hi There,

Is the 'Price Drop' guarantee only for US & Canadian residents, or does this apply to UK customers?

Our travel agent says they have never heard of customers getting on board credit due to a price drop and I can't seem to find the info on the RCCL website.

Thanks,

Colin

Interesting.

Our outside cabin cost us £799 (ish) and at the time of booking a balcony was around £200 more per person. I checked our cruise that is coming up in 2 days last week and saw that an outside cabin was still £799 but a blacony could now be had for less !!! £ 765.00 !

UPDATE: Travel agent called to advise that UK customers get refunded the difference, not on board credit.

HOWEVER.... (thats always a bad word!) :mad:

'The price of our cruise has not changed'

Work this one out then - Online the price of an inside cabin, which we have, was £1,095. Its now dropped to £969.

Awaiting a call back from the store manager and will update.

UPDATE: Travel agent called to advise that UK customers get refunded the difference, not on board credit.

HOWEVER.... (thats always a bad word!) :mad:

'The price of our cruise has not changed'

Work this one out then - Online the price of an inside cabin, which we have, was £1,095. Its now dropped to £969.

Awaiting a call back from the store manager and will update.

Suggest you grab yourself a screenshot asap if you've not done so already.

rci discount by 5 per cent in the uk and online Tas by 10 per cent.

RCIs selling point is that although the price drop does not apply in the uk they will offer it although TAs may not. There may be conditions attached- some say only 1st is free but I haven't found that ( although I upgraded rather than take a drop in one case)

It is their main selling point and the main reason that I can see to buy from them.

Yes, UK bookings can get price drops. I got one last week :p

RCI UK does not advertise a 'price guarantee' on their web site but if you dig deep enough in their T&C's you will find it.

If you book with RCI UK direct you will be able to get a price drop. The first drop is free and then for further drops you will be charged £35 pp.

If you book with a UK TA some will pass on price drops and some won't. RCI UK introduced new T&C's last year and UK TA's are no longer obliged to pass price drops on.

• 3 weeks later...

I took a print of the details about the Royal Caribbean Price Drop, and as soon as I showed this to the travel agent, they said 'Oh yes we just saved a customer £180 per person last week'.........

Yet they were not willing to help when I was on the other end of the phone...

Thing is - We've paid the full balance of our Cruise - They are now saying that we could have got money off the price of the cruise, but Royal Caribbean don't ever give on board credit... Apparently our only option is to wait and see if a better stateroom becomes available for the same price as we paid.

Is that right? :confused:

That thing wot the fish breath wiv? Well, they were recently selling our cabin for way less than we paid - said RCCL hadn't dropped the price, they had - but I couldn't have it!!

Serves me right for deserting Don't just book it...............

I took a print of the details about the Royal Caribbean Price Drop, and as soon as I showed this to the travel agent, they said 'Oh yes we just saved a customer £180 per person last week'.........

Thing is - We've paid the full balance of our Cruise - They are now saying that we could have got money off the price of the cruise, but Royal Caribbean don't ever give on board credit... Apparently our only option is to wait and see if a better stateroom becomes available for the same price as we paid.

Hi,

I had the same thing when I booked my first cruise through a UK TA.

I now book direct with RCI and have had price drops on most of them even after final payment which they did give me as on board credit.

I'd paid the balance for my cruise when there was a price drop and got a refund from my TA via a cheque. :)

That thing wot the fish breath wiv? Well, they were recently selling our cabin for way less than we paid - said RCCL hadn't dropped the price, they had - but I couldn't have it!!

Not quite sure what you mean :confused: How could they be selling your cabin and then say you couldn't have it :confused:

I will say though that we've booked with them in the past and they do sell at a very good discount compare to booking direct, however they will not give price drops.

No - they call RCI. RCI drops the price. RCI refunds the TA and the TA refunds you. That is how it is supposed to work.....

I'd stand there in front of them whilst they are on the phone to RCI UK!

Interestingly, my grade cabin was much cheaper than what I originally paid this agent. But not with RCCL, only with my agent. Will never be my agent again - especially when I booked I asked if we will receive the price drops and they said if RCCL permits. Its FISHFACE who won't honour a price drop, not RCCL!!! They had the same grade etc. at much less - must have taken a group booking but not given us the group price originally.

Would rather book in the US!! Get a nice OBC as well from the travel agent.

Archived