Zip lines in roatan island?

goingtosnorkel

My husband and the other two guys in our group went ziplining at Victor's place and had a blast.. they were acting like little kids.. None had been zipping b4 and the the lines aren't particularly high but the scenery is beautiful and price very reasonable ($40 I think) We did in conjunction with a day long excursion we booked with Victor Bodden that also included snorkeling and a brief island tour.

We just went to Belize via Carnival Legend. Allen Dawson was our guide and he offers several tours. We chose cavetubing instead of the ruins ro beach tours. His prices were so affordable, $55 with lunch, $45 w/out for the whole day. It included transportation, lunch, admission to caves, water bottles, tour of country and city. He was very informative and answered every question we had. I would book with him again in a heartbeat. We could tell him from the rest of the tour operators because he was professionally dressed and his van was clean and neat.

www.experiencebelizetours.com

We ziplined with Victor. Our driver was Robbie/Roblin Johnson. We had a great time. Robbie was professional, educated about the locality, and accomodating. He took us to Barefeet Restaurant for appetizers and $2 beers. The zipline was amazing. This was an experience in fact we hope to go ziplining locally since we had so much fun. Our guide was so helpful even though my husband(250 lbs) almost knocked him over on one landing. My parents @ 63 & 72 did it as well. The CD with all the pictures they offered for a mere $20 is worth not carrying a camera. The total zipline cost us $45 each with transportation and monkey farm included, if you add the beach its $20 more. Better than anything Carnival Legend has as far as excursion prices.

I have read about three zip lines in Roatan Island. Does anyone have a review or ideas on a good one?

We did IM zip and Dip in April. They used the South Canopy zip line which was great. Then took us to AVentura Beach for beach time/snorkeling. The snorkeling was very good. Cost was $52. I would use them again.

We just got back last week, we used Clip-n-Zip, $40 each. There are located in Mahagony Bay port. But we had to dock at the old dock (can't remember the name!) anyway, they had someone there to pick us up and take us to their place (about 15min ride). We had Larry the Cable guy as our lead guide - he was great to talk with, explained everything - we thoroughly enjoyed it, and they took us back to the port. The only negative comment I have is that it was not as scenic as I'd thought it would be - mostly in the jungle, from some of the last 'zips' you could see the ocean - and it was extremely hot that day! The only time you felt a breeze was when you were moving!

You can email them from their website to make a reservation, but you don't pay till you get there.

SMSM

Clip N Zip, we just did it and really had a good time, the highlight of the cruise. The above poster is correct not that scenic until the end where you can see the ocean and the ships in port. We loved it.

We just went through Island Marketing, they use the South Shore Canopy. It was great. Fantastic views, long zips, and the guides use your cameras to take pictures and video for you. We had a blast. And our guide, Alvin, stopped at a couple interesting places on the way there. He took us to a beach at the end, but we were all worn out and just wanted to go back to the ship, so we just stayed a few minutes.

we went through island marketing and did the south shore zip line this past wednesday in roatan. it was awesome. the guides were great and the zip lines were very scenic. we went to a beautiful beach afterwards and my H and i actually walked along the beach to west bay to check out the village. would highly recommend this tour.

enjoy your trip!

Did clip n zip last week, derrick and Denver were our guides. Incredible! Felt very safe, the jungle was beautiful. Derrick and Denver pointed out special trees and lizards as we went by them. Seeing the heart of the jungle was unbelievable. I would HIGHLY recommend them any day!,,,

• 2 weeks later...
we went through island marketing and did the south shore zip line this past wednesday in roatan. it was awesome. the guides were great and the zip lines were very scenic. we went to a beautiful beach afterwards and my H and i actually walked along the beach to west bay to check out the village. would highly recommend this tour.

enjoy your trip!

We did this last year and will be doing it again next month. IM/shore zip was great! The beach was awesome. Best day we had on the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...
Can you tell me if the ziplines were very high. Me and my son are afraid of heights, but would love to try. I'm thinking of booking w/them for the zipline and beach break. Thanks for any info.

I emailed Victor Bodden and he responded with the highest point is 65 feet. I am in the same boat...scared of heights...but I think I will try it...wish me luck!

• 2 weeks later...

Thanks to everyone for the info on ziplining in Roatan. I think we will do the zipline/snorkel combo. Does Victor have his own website? I have a question for the person who did cave tubing in Belize - how was it? I've read mixed reviews. Does anyone have any other suggestions for Belize?

I also wanted to respond to the person who is afraid of heights. I was very afraid to do a zip line in Costa Rica, but my children talked me into it and I'm so glad I did. It's an experience I will never forget! The guides allowed me to sit with them for the first zip. After that, I was fine and you probably will be too because it's so amazing!

We going on the Legend July 18

• 5 months later...

The best tour we had on our entire cruise Jan. 2009, was the one booked with Carlos through Islandertours. There were 6 of us in an air-conditioned van. The first thing we wanted to do was zip line. He took us to a great place, we were the 1st ones there so no waiting for the tons of people on the bus tours. The website is http://www.islandertours.com. Our driver was Juan Carlos Rodriguez. He took us on a tour of the island, to a beach so we could swim & snorkel and finally we wanted to have lunch at someplace the locals would eat. It was way out of the mainstream, outdoors, on the water and terrific. I highly recommed him. Not only can you zipline, but get a lot of the other aspects of the island.

Archived