Warning for those getting ready to sail Triumph

I just learned that the USCG will be closely monitoring the Triumph's departure from NO. If they encounter any oil, they will not be permitted to enter the waters of the Florida Keys, therefore not porting in Key West. Just fyi.

I just learned that the USCG will be closely monitoring the Triumph's departure from NO. If they encounter any oil, they will not be permitted to enter the waters of the Florida Keys, therefore not porting in Key West. Just fyi.

Any word about the Elation out of Mobile Saturday, heading for Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

Any word about the Elation out of Mobile Saturday, heading for Jamaica, Grand Cayman and Cozumel?

I have not heard. Sorry.

Makes sense. Your source for this is what?

A very near and dear friend of mine is a senior USCG member down in Key West. DH and him were former co-workers. He has the scoop on almost anything cruise ship related in the Keys.

I have not heard. Sorry.

A very near and dear friend of mine is a senior USCG member down in Key West. DH and him were former co-workers. He has the scoop on almost anything cruise ship related in the Keys.

Thank you, Those men and women in the Coast Guard are pretty sharp and don't miss a whole lot. I have a neighbor that is the Master Chief at the local CG station and he comes up with some pretty good inside news often. Let's just hope that it does not become an issue. If they have to bypass Key West we will have to listen to all the whining about how it was all Carnivals fault and the Captain should have personally gotten down on the hull and scrubbed the oil off.:D

It will be interesting to see what happens as it is just a matter of time before some of these cruises end up having to go through the oil. Once it happens we will have an idea of whether it is a little annoyance or a big problem. Keep us posted!

Thank you, Those men and women in the Coast Guard are pretty sharp and don't miss a whole lot. I have a neighbor that is the Master Chief at the local CG station and he comes up with some pretty good inside news often. Let's just hope that it does not become an issue. If they have to bypass Key West we will have to listen to all the whining about how it was all Carnivals fault and the Captain should have personally gotten down on the hull and scrubbed the oil off.:D

and the credit for $6.29 for missing the port.:p

Bill

LOL. Don't forget that due to their vacation being ruined, the cruise should be free!:eek:

Archived