Does the Caribbean Princess have Splenda

jessegirl88

Yes, and for some wierd reason if I eat it-I will be sick as a dog. I know, made from sugar but my body will make me pay. I can do pink, blue and regular but yellow is deadly. I have had 4 episodes. The first 2 were when I didn't know it coud cause a problen. Number 3 I just goofed up. Number 4 happened when a friend made me something and didn't know.

I watched some information about it but in truth I don't remember what was the little difference in processing. You can have all my yellow :eek::D

• 2 years later...

On my Nov 2010 sailing on CB, there were indeed pink, blue;), and yellow:) packets of sweetener. However, the fine print on all three said "aspartame"! That misleading packaging is not allowed by the FDA in the 50 states, but it can be packaged that way in Puerto Rico.

Here's a photo of the sugar container with all of the options. :)

Pam I have always loved reading your responses to others; this time I had to chuckle at the attached photo.. may I be so bold as to ask.. did you personally have the photo, or is it a stock photo from somewhere? My DH often teases me as I take pictures of so many things that he finds useless when we are traveling. :)

Dana

A picture is worth 1000 calories

2895153700016033894S600x600Q85.jpg

Thanks for posting. Contrary to what someone else posted, we have had six cruises on four Princess ships in the last three years and the blue packages had Aspartame, the pink packages had Saccharin and the yellow packages had Sucralose. It's interesting that in your pictures Domino sugar made the generic Nutrasweet while Nutrasweet made the generic Sweet n Low and Splenda. All products are off patent and I am sure Princess buys generic from the lowest bidder.

Archived