Amsterdam Hairdryers

zelker

Tried searching but couldn't find much in the way of recent posts so will ask the age-old question for those who have sailed on Amsterdam recently and that is -

What do the cabins have for hairdryers these days?

Wow... hours without a response.

My experience on the Amsterdam is from July 2008. Our cabin had the standard hairdryer in the top bureau drawer (at the desk) to plug in at the mirror.

In the bathroom, the old style (weak-powered) dryer was still available.

I don't know if the Amsterdam has had a major dry-dock since our trip. The old-style dryers might have been removed if the bathrooms were refitted (as they were during the Ryndam's dry dock).

Tried to upload a pic of the bathroom. Apparently, my file size is too large.

You're right - seems like someone who's sailed recently would have answered but I appreciate you responding even if it's been a few years since you've sailed on her. What you describe sounds exactly like what was on the Westerdam the last time we sailed her (in 2006). I believe she was in dry dock late last year.

Your post reminded me that I still have the 2009 spreadsheet for HAL's fleet locations.

Amsterdam had a 12-day dry dock in Victoria, BC from April 28 to May 8, 2009. I hope someone from a more recent sailing will come to our aid to answer the question.

Regardless, I am confident the standard hair dryer is still available in the drawer of the desk for use at the large mirror.

All the ships have the hair drawer in the drawer. I have found that some are good and some are weak -- even on the same ship -- different cabins!! You can tell that some are worn out by how weak they are. I got one that only blew cold air -- had to have the concierge get me a new one.

Archived