What sets Azamara Cruise Line apart from the others?

boards

My TA is recommending a cruise next Oct. 2011 on the Quest to us that we are considering doing on the Hal in the same time frame. The TA is not knocking Hal, but is suggesting Quest as very good alternative. Now my major concern is cabin size. We travel Hal (six times so far) and most of the time it is in an inside cabin (cat. K) 182 sq. ft. The Quest inside cabins according to their brochure are 158 sq. ft. I do believe we could handle it okay, but we for sure would be more comfortable on Hal. Can someone help us by telling us about their experience with an inside cabin on the Quest and what deck would be ideal. The ship and staff from what I am reading are great and so has the Hal been to us. We would very much like to give it try if we can hear some good reports. Thank you in advance.

My TA is recommending a cruise next Oct. 2011 on the Quest to us that we are considering doing on the Hal in the same time frame. The TA is not knocking Hal, but is suggesting Quest as very good alternative. Now my major concern is cabin size. We travel Hal (six times so far) and most of the time it is in an inside cabin (cat. K) 182 sq. ft. The Quest inside cabins according to their brochure are 158 sq. ft. I do believe we could handle it okay, but we for sure would be more comfortable on Hal. Can someone help us by telling us about their experience with an inside cabin on the Quest and what deck would be ideal. The ship and staff from what I am reading are great and so has the Hal been to us. We would very much like to give it try if we can hear some good reports. Thank you in advance.

I would like to mention something that has nothing to do with Cabin size.

Only Oceania and Azamara can offer the size and style of ship ( Yes HAL has One The Prisendam)

The bigest draws are

The ability to get much closer to the inland ports than the larger ships. Ijust returned from Hong Kong to Singapore and we are doing Black Sea in July to ports that the larger ships do not get to.

The no dress code anytime dining

2 Optional restaurants

Now designer coffee is free

Wine with lunch or diner

The Library with the fireplace

Cruise Critic Party with the captain and private bridge tour

I love HAl and have sailed 23 Times

I love Azamara for the overnight in ports and getting all the way in to the cities

It depends on the itinerary

If you want to get up close and personal Pick Azamara

Just my 2 cents worth

We have cruised on Azamara twice before and will take our third cruise on the Quest in September. There have been some changes on Azamara since we cruised last August, but, hopefully, we will find that the changes are worth the increased costs (I know that we will miss the unlimited specialty restaurant option for just a $5 service charge...now $15 or $20, I think)

I haven't seen the inside cabins, so I can't comment on them. However, I love Azamara, particularly for Europe, because: (1) a smaller ship makes visiting small European cities easier; (2) the overnight stays and late departures allow you to enjoy the ports without having to rush back; (3) no need to dress up...just dress neatly; (4) outstanding, friendly service; (5) good food; (6) great itineraries.

If you are really lucky, you might even get to cruise with Capt Carl Smith who really knows how to run a friendly cruise ship...at 37 (or so) years of age!

I think that a larger ship is good in the Caribbean, but in Europe or any cruise that is port intensive, Azamara is just perfect!

I have not seen an inside room either. However I would not choose deck three and I would avoid being near the laundry room on deck seven. Other than that I think any location would be fine.

I like deck six. It is one set of steps down to the dining room. I also used the stairs for exercise and it was not hard to go up three flights to deck nine where the pool and buffet are.

Can someone help us by telling us about their experience with an inside cabin on the Quest and what deck would be ideal. The ship and staff from what I am reading are great and so has the Hal been to us.

We were on the Quest from Hong Kong to Singapore in February and had an inside cabin on deck four.

It was comfortable, on the same deck as the tour desk and reception desk, one floor below the main dining room and was usually the exit to the docks. Was quiet. The ship and staff were extraordinarily great.

If it were not for the good price we have for a balcony on the Quest for our trip in March 2011, we would have opted for the same inside cabin!

Do bring a clock with you. While the cabin had a large Sony clock, we couldn't figure how to set it - could have asked our cabin attendant but kept forgetting to do so!

Archived