Off the Imagination- Pool dumped on us?

NickCDN

Have been on Carnival Imagination twice and both times in Key West and to Cozumel ,the water have been rough. Pool water lapping over the sides and boat rocking. People sick everywhere. They told we both times it was the worst they'd seen....

I can seriously see this happening. Shame on Carnival for not acknowledgeing it and the danger it can pose....

OP, you did what you could. You informed Carnival and they in the end are responsible....

Charleyann

Well people the OP or anyone could of had a serious accident on their way to the cruise but it obviously did not happen. They could of fell down the steps or could of been swept overboard but obviously did not. Mechanical issues, equipment failures and human mistakes happen every second of the day. The OP was upset and rightly so that is why Carnival has an online complaint form one can fill out and they will contact you, at least they did me when I purchased a junk underwater camera form their ship.

As for the hearing aids that is a real issue but again it did not happen. I wish I had the cash to purchase a set, y'all hear what I'm saying.

Hey Nick, would like info on your cruise, other than the horrible water incident. We are scheduled for this cruise on June 7th. How was the food, etc.? What type music groups were there? Do you think a shirt and tie would be acceptable for elegant night? How were the ports? Any info you can provide is greatly appreciated. :)

Hi,

The food was great, so was the service minus the GSA. They had piano player, guitar player, calypso band, and a show band playing at different times around the boat. I think a tie and shirt is fine for Elegant night, as I didnt even wear a tie that night, but fit right in with most people.

We had key west and Cozueml. They are both good ports. Water was murky in cozumel because of a storm the night before. I was a little disappointed.

Any more questions, please ask

Nick

That used to be one of my two favorite places of serentity on the Fantasy class ships, if I'm reading this right.

Sounds like a water level was attained, and the movement of the ship sent it over whatever the containment is.

I don't think anyone would appreaciate an unexpected wall of water.

I'm surprised at the lack of reaction. I once had a suit delivered late (what they returned was not mine), and I got a bunch of "sorry" lavish gifts, plus a visit from the officer in charge of laundry services.

We were sitting right here in the photo from Zydo cruisers page. Same place but on the Imagination

http://www.zydecocruiser.com/CarnivalSensation/pc/sin2/P1110628.JPG

We were leaving key west and we listing slightly as we were turning, thats when the rouge wave came over the side.

I did not expect or ask for laundry service from GSA. I simply wanted to tell them about the incident. It was more embarassing than anything, lots of people were laughing (I would be too) while they were eating thier lunch inside the buffet and watch this happen to a few of us sitting outside.

Nick

Have been on Carnival Imagination twice and both times in Key West and to Cozumel ,the water have been rough. Pool water lapping over the sides and boat rocking. People sick everywhere. They told we both times it was the worst they'd seen....

I can seriously see this happening. Shame on Carnival for not acknowledgeing it and the danger it can pose....

OP, you did what you could. You informed Carnival and they in the end are responsible....

Charleyann

The water was smooth as glass this day, we were turning as we were leaving key west around 2pm and listing slightly which caused the rouge wave.

unless the waterworks park on the imagination is a different lay out from the sensation this could not happen unless there was an mechanical issue. there is way too much room between the bottom of the water slides and the edge of the decks. the distance that the water would have to travel would have left a very large wet spot on the deck above to show the water come from the slides.

No mechanical issue, this is a design issue

Are you talking about water coming from the pool area on Verandah washing down so hard onto the outdoor eating areas by the Lido buffet that you think had someone been standing at the rail on Verandah they would've been washed overboard?

You showed a photo of the tables on the side. If the water was from the deck above, and the ship was listing, wouldn't the water have gone down into the water below? How would it go over the side and then back under the deck onto the tables???

I'm very confused.

Well people the OP or anyone could of had a serious accident on their way to the cruise but it obviously did not happen. They could of fell down the steps or could of been swept overboard but obviously did not. Mechanical issues, equipment failures and human mistakes happen every second of the day. The OP was upset and rightly so that is why Carnival has an online complaint form one can fill out and they will contact you, at least they did me when I purchased a junk underwater camera form their ship.

As for the hearing aids that is a real issue but again it did not happen. I wish I had the cash to purchase a set, y'all hear what I'm saying.

I'm really not sure what you are saying. I for one appreciate the post, it's given me a chance to realize that something like this could happen and watch out for where I am sitting. I avoid splashy areas like the plague.

So if your saying it was not a beneficial post, well that is your opinion, but many of us DO appreciate the information and this forum is all about information sharing.

Cheers

I'm with you, Kyrisong1. I'm subject to SVTs, and being unexpectedly drenched with water would most definately cause an attack. Probably wouldn't kill me, but I'd be glad to avoid that situation if at all possible. I, too, read these boards to gather information to help ensure a pleasant vacation.

Thank you for posting, OP.

Nick, Did you use any of the kids programs? I am going in June on this ship and was curious how the programs were. If you happen to have any of the capers could you scan and post them. TIA.

Are you talking about water coming from the pool area on Verandah washing down so hard onto the outdoor eating areas by the Lido buffet that you think had someone been standing at the rail on Verandah they would've been washed overboard?

You showed a photo of the tables on the side. If the water was from the deck above, and the ship was listing, wouldn't the water have gone down into the water below? How would it go over the side and then back under the deck onto the tables???

I'm very confused.

Now that I have seen the pic, I am confused also. I thought OP was sitting in the back (over the Serenity Area and behind the deli). I cannot understand how water would come over the side and then back on the tables either. With that overhang, it seems like it would just go over the side. OP, can you help detail how the water came back onto the tables from the overhang?

Thanks!!

Now that I have seen the pic, I am confused also. I thought OP was sitting in the back (over the Serenity Area and behind the deli). I cannot understand how water would come over the side and then back on the tables either. With that overhang, it seems like it would just go over the side. OP, can you help detail how the water came back onto the tables from the overhang?

Thanks!!

I don't know the mechanics of it, but we were sitting in the exact same place and did witness this happen. Remember water always seeks the point of least resistance. Ever had a leak in your house and be amazed by where the water actually went? In our experience it did come over as a gush with enough momentum to knock over the chairs. Now since the railing is a good height I doubt someone would be washed overboard, but it certainly could knock down a small person, not to mention the shock value. All they really need to do, is have someone warn people not to sit in that area as the ship leaves port.

Maybe an acknowledgment of what happened to them and also to let them know that someone screwed up so it doesn't happen again, this time with possibly tragic consequences.

Can't be that tragic, unless you are made of sugar, then it would be tragic. Or a gingerbread man, that could get messy too.

Just off the Imagination May 3-7. 2010. Overall it was a decent cruise and excellent value for the money paid ($500 for two). I will say the amount of drunken people at all hours was staggering. A couple times fights between groups of young men almost broke out during late night comedy shows. Defiantly different from previous cruises.

My only major problem was while eating lunch while leaving Key West sitting outside the buffet, we were totally soaked with HUGE wave of water coming from the deck above (the deck with the waterslide and splash area). It seriously felt like the entire pool emptied onto us and about 5 other tables around us and flowed for a good 2 minutes. We had just changed into nice clothes and then were soaked as well as our lunch went to waste and got washed overboard! Went to tell Guest services about the problem and "Goran" told us the they have someone monitoring water levels so this doesn’t happen. So he basically told us we were lying, which is funny because how were we soaking wet and how would we know this happens and if this wasn’t an issue, why would they have someone monitoring the water levels on the top deck. They obviously were not doing their job. No we are not looking for free cruise, compensation, obc, but were truly concerned about our safety. Someone will get seriously hurt someday, if this problem isn’t fixed. Mark my words, when someone does, Ill pull this thread back up.

[

This happened on our cruise on the Fantasy...the first cruise after the upgrades. Not to us but did see it happen!:eek: I think those people got an onboard credit or something! But it was inside under the slide area in buffet drink area...

Thanks!!

This area is right behind the overhang of the serenity area along the outside of the buffet (I do want to add that I loved the serenity area). I also dont know the mechanics of it either, but think of when you spill liquid on your countertop at home, and it goes over the side and it ends up all over the front of your cabinets even though the coutertop overhangs the cabinets. Also, if I remember the correctly, the deck above didnt overhang completly the level below it. Probably a foot back from the railing. I also just remembered that this must happen on a regular basis because the railing was discoloured and peeling in the area where the water was flowing (about 5 tables wide).

Again, how could I make this up for those doubters? You couldnt even dream this up. As well, I am somewhat a carnival lover and feel they are a great value for the money so I am not trying to ruin there rep or cause problems. I am hoping by posting here, some management at carnival will see this and take action. I notified staff on the ship and nothing was done.

Nick

I'm very confused.

I have never implied someone is going to get washed overboard. I have just said someone is going to get hurt. Again, this wasnt a waterfall, this was a huge rush a water. Also everything on my table was washed overboard. I am glad I didnt have my Iphone or Camera sitting on the table.

Nick

Nick, Did you use any of the kids programs? I am going in June on this ship and was curious how the programs were. If you happen to have any of the capers could you scan and post them. TIA.

I didnt use the kids club as this was our first cruise without kids. It did seem like their were lots of kids enjoying the kids activities and clubs. I spent most of my time in the Serenity area which is a great kid-less area.

Nick

I also wanted to remind people I still had a great cruise and great value for money. I also like the Fantasy class ships that have EOF upgrades are now tied with the NCL Dawn class as my favorite ships, mostly due to the serenity area.

Nick

Archived