average age & weight

This is a silly question!

You must be this tall and under this weight to lounge at the pools! Just kidding.... but I do bet there is more of an older crowd since alot of reviews have mentioned the abundance of older people and not many young couples in their 20s.

Reminds me of a sign at a favorite ice cream place.

You must be under this height to enter.

With a pointer at the top of the door. Obviously if you're taller then the door 8 foot high door it's tough to get in the building. :p

Definitely every shape, size, weight and age! They wear anything and almost nothing!

Here is something everyone should remember: "Just because they make it in your size doesn't mean you should wear it!":eek:

No, I am not a thin person. Please don't flame me, this is just one person's observation of the many body types wearing things they shouldn't be wearing. It definitely makes for interesting poolside discussions.

That being said, we loved the pools, the cruise, everything!

And if you are asking because you are "fluffy" and you are worried about being embarrassed, don't be. I know for a fact that I don't have the best body at the pool and that is A-OK with me, everybody can just look at the skinnie minnies in their bikinis and let me do my thing...I have never felt self-conscious on a cruise....Maureen

We just returned from the Oasis of the Seas. Most everyone was overweight and middle age and above. There were some families and young people but they were in the minority. It was upsetting to see so many overweight people. One man parked his buggy near the Solarium for lunch. As soon as the door opened, he ran up to grab his meal!!

When we were on the Mariner a few years back, there was a middle aged women who was overweight...which is fine because we all come in different sizes and shapes! However, she had a thong bikini on :eek:! And I don't mean to imply that if she was skinny and had a figure to die for that it would have been OK, it was wrong! There were kids every where, including my twin boys and my godson! After many complaints the captain ended up asking her to please cover up, she would not and made a "seen" all the time walking around the pool :rolleyes:! Needless to say she became the joke of the pool area the entire time! So don't worry about it, I am sure you will look just fine!! I would imagine that there will be more kids when schools let out!

Reminds me of a sign at a favorite ice cream place.

You must be under this height to enter.

With a pointer at the top of the door. Obviously if you're taller then the door 8 foot high door it's tough to get in the building. :p

I sure hope they don't put a "you must be under this weight" to enter the ship. I may have to change my vacation plans.

I heard that there is a secret spot on the aft of deck 14, you have to bring your ID because they check your age and then you must have less than 7% body fat to enter this area. I heard it is the most exclusive spot on the OASIS!!!!!

You must also sign a waiver that you will not eat at the Windjammer. You can sign this waiver on RCI site before you cruise.

ENJOY!!!!!;)

Most everyone was overweight and middle age and above.

Were we on the same cruise? :eek: I wouldn't say "most everyone was overweight". It's simply not true. What a sweeping generalization.

It was upsetting to see so many overweight people. One man parked his buggy near the Solarium for lunch. As soon as the door opened, he ran up to grab his meal!!

You know, you'll see all kinds of people on a cruise. Did it really bother you that much? Goodness, leave him be. He paid for his cruise as did all of us.

On our first cruise, we were on the Freedom and it was wonderful to be around people who were so comfortable in their skin and they came in all shapes and sizes. Not once did I worry about whether or not I was the perfect size because it really did not matter.

Now I will say there was the occasional hairy man wearing a banana hammock and it made us laugh but again, I have to applaud someone who is SO comfortable with who they are and is not obsessed with being the perfect size ZERO or having a "six-pack". OMG, Zero is not even a size but that is the "size" of fashion models and the pictures we are bombarded with daily. Personally, I think they all need to sit down and eat a biscuit.

But I digress, point is, be happy with who you are, life is short, don't sweat the small stuff, and just enjoy it :D

Well to be honest it is simply gross to look at some overweight people. I know that some people are "slightly" overweight and it does not look gross but some are pretty horrible. You can see all kinds of gross things like "muffin-tops" and other things types that I forgot name to.

The problem is that most of these people choose to be fat. Also, it is funny that most of these people claim is that their fatness is for medical reasons and it is simply not true. Just an excuse to be fat.

Most of the cruising people are not very young and like to eat like crazy which are one of the reasons you see quite a few fatties on the ship.

Please don't bash me for thinking fat is gross. Every person has their own understanding of grossness. E.g: a lot of people would agree that popping zits is gross etc

We just returned from the Oasis of the Seas. Most everyone was overweight and middle age and above.

I do agree it is a very silly question, but now I'm curious, this seems such a gross generalization to say most people were overweight and middle age. Were most people really middle age on the Oasis? We are bringing my DS and his girlfriend 22 and 19 respectively on Allure next year, and if most people are middle age I don't think it is going to be such fun for them. What happened to familes and young adults????:eek:

OMG, Zero is not even a size but that is the "size" of fashion models and the pictures we are bombarded with daily. Personally, I think they all need to sit down and eat a biscuit.

OMG, you own me a new monitor!!!!! That is the best I have heard in quite a while:D!

I do agree it is a very silly question, but now I'm curious, this seems such a gross generalization to say most people were overweight and middle age. Were most people really middle age on the Oasis? We are bringing my DS and his girlfriend 22 and 19 respectively on Allure next year, and if most people are middle age I don't think it is going to be such fun for them. What happened to familes and young adults????:eek:

There are some young people however it's not much of a party scene. My DH and I are in our early 30's and love to party. They do have special club parties. however what I think the are doing wrong is that they start the party somwhere (the Solariam for example) and then end it after a few hours and move it to Blaze. By doing this they kill the vibe and lots of people end up calling it a night. Also they do ID so the 19 yr old might have trouble getting in to the clubs

We just returned from the Oasis of the Seas. Most everyone was overweight and middle age and above. There were some families and young people but they were in the minority. It was upsetting to see so many overweight people. One man parked his buggy near the Solarium for lunch. As soon as the door opened, he ran up to grab his meal!!

I am assuming that your response was "tongue in cheek" regarding it being "upsetting to see so many overweight people." If not, I don't know whether to feel sorry for you or angry -- probably both. What the heck business of yours is it when/how often/how much the guy in the buggy went to eat?

Clearly, your contemptuous -- and contemptible -- reaction to other people's appearance is the kind of thing that spawned the original poster's question in the first place. The fact is, that kind of reaction keeps too many people who weigh more than a thimble from even wanting to participate in life.

To the original poster, I say the fact that there are all shapes and sizes on a cruise -- including those of us who could not pass for anorexics, um, excuse me, models, on our best day -- is a cause to celebrate. Whatever your shape, size or condition, just ask yourself "why not" and get out there . (Do I get extra points for using both the current and past catchphrases in one sentence?)

OMG, you own me a new monitor!!!!! That is the best I have heard in quite a while:D!

HA HA HA HA "note to self, don't read posts while drinking coffee" :D

Friend of mine told me to warn her when I was sending funny stuff after I send the following (this STILL cracks me up and HEY is on topic with this thread - ha ha ha ha)

funny-pictures-cat-is-in-couch-cushions.jpg

On my last cruise as I entered the pool area a very loud alarm went off and all you could hear was "tilt" "tilt" "tilt". Seems I upset the average balance of weight and age and could not enter until 3 people left. I guess that is better than the time at the beach when some folks rolled me back into the ocean thinking I had gotten beached.

On my last cruise as I entered the pool area a very loud alarm went off and all you could hear was "tilt" "tilt" "tilt". Seems I upset the average balance of weight and age and could not enter until 3 people left. I guess that is better than the time at the beach when some folks rolled me back into the ocean thinking I had gotten beached.

AAAAAAAAAAAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

23weighst.jpg

Archived