Beaches

DancingNancy_570

Ladyc,

As for cruising solo and visiting Paradise Beach, I'd think you would enjoy it. My husband and I took our four children and my SIL there last November, and we all loved it. The beach was not crowded, the facilities were clean, and the weather was perfect. What more could anyone want in a beach????? :cool:

Ladyc,

As for cruising solo and visiting Paradise Beach, I'd think you would enjoy it. My husband and I took our four children and my SIL there last November, and we all loved it. The beach was not crowded, the facilities were clean, and the weather was perfect. What more could anyone want in a beach????? :cool:

Yeap . . . that's what I've been reading . . . especially how clean the facilities were. Did ya all do any snorkling while you were there?

I know for sure that I will be visiting Paradise Beach when I'm in Cozumel in May!

Same here! I really never gave PB any thought until I read this thread. I have been looking up reviews and pics and it looks great!

Now I guess I will head to Wal-Mart.....maybe buy a couple of bathing suits:D

Even though you quoted me - it is not I who wants this to get nasty again - I was referring to the person I quoted. :D

I'm so sorry...I did not mean to imply you whatsoever! It was just so eerie that I was thinking the same thing when I read your quote:D I thinks we were on the same wave lenght:p

I'm so sorry...I did not mean to imply you whatsoever! It was just so eerie that I was thinking the same thing when I read your quote:D I thinks we were on the same wave lenght:p

I knew that - just giving you a hard time.

I also think it's funny that the person who was so adamant about this thread dying wants to rattle everyone's cages again.

Now back to the subject at hand - Beaches. I know we are going to enjoy PB - I have goodies for the kids and getting goodies together for the "group". Can't wait - only 168 days from today.

I also think it's funny that the person who was so adamant about this thread dying wants to rattle everyone's cages again.

Now back to the subject at hand - Beaches. I know we are going to enjoy PB - I have goodies for the kids and getting goodies together for the "group". Can't wait - only 168 days from today.

Good! I sure would hate to offend anyone else and have another cyber stalker after me:D

Did you check out the restaurant menu on their website? It sounds great!

What other things do you plan on doing on Cozumel? We went in 02 and just took a taxi to town and went shopping and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then we went back to an empty ship and enjoyed the pool to ourselves:p This time I am taking a GF with me who has never been on a cruise so I want to try and cram as much in as I can:)

You can't be referring to me. I have no problem with the thread.

As for Paradise Beach, there is no shortage of threads on that subject. I find this one to be informative:

http://boards.cruisecritic.com/showthread.php?t=126438

Have a Nice Day! :)

I read the first couple of pages and then just went to the last page. Sorry if I missed it.We are looking for a nice place that is a little fun that's clean. Does Tom have a website?:confused: Is it close to the boat dock?

Paradise Beach has a website: http://paradise-beach-cozumel.net

About 10 minutes or so by taxi from the cruise ship piers.

Good! I sure would hate to offend anyone else and have another cyber stalker after me:D

Did you check out the restaurant menu on their website? It sounds great!

What other things do you plan on doing on Cozumel? We went in 02 and just took a taxi to town and went shopping and ate at the Hard Rock Cafe. Then we went back to an empty ship and enjoyed the pool to ourselves:p This time I am taking a GF with me who has never been on a cruise so I want to try and cram as much in as I can:)

The food does sound great. We will probably just do the beach and then maybe stop by for a drink by the pier before boarding.

As far as my other comments on my prior post - If the shoe fits :eek:

My husband, I and 2 teen girls were at Paradise Beach just this past Thursday 2/10/05(?). We had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing day. The cab ride from the port was $14 one way. No admission charge, but did buy the $5 bracelet for water trampoline, iceburg climbing, snorkling (20/person deposit for equipment) and kayak use. While snorkling we saw many sea anemone, sea sponges, variety of fish such as grey and yellow ones, blue and yellow ones, purples ones, etc (not an expert) - this is not reef diving but was fun and interesting for us.

The beach and facilities were pristine. There are coral formations/rock as you enter the water for which you may wish to wear water shoes, but absolutely no trash, seaweed or anything else that would be objectionable. The sand was clean and white (grainy like southeast Florida), the water was clear and just a little cool until you became accustomed to it.

The food, especially the guacamole and homemade chips, was awesome and attractively presented. We had a variety of drinks and food to chose from and left happy, full, and relaxed. The beach service was great (Keato... can't say/spell whole name, made sure that our needs were well taken care of). The trip can be as inexpensive as you like. We chose to fully enjoy ourselves and we still came out better $$wise than any ships tour, had a better time, plenty of food and drink, and will never hesitate to go back.

My husband, I and 2 teen girls were at Paradise Beach just this past Thursday 2/10/05(?). We had an absolutely wonderful, relaxing day. The cab ride from the port was $14 one way. No admission charge, but did buy the $5 bracelet for water trampoline, iceburg climbing, snorkling (20/person deposit for equipment) and kayak use. While snorkling we saw many sea anemone, sea sponges, variety of fish such as grey and yellow ones, blue and yellow ones, purples ones, etc (not an expert) - this is not reef diving but was fun and interesting for us.

The beach and facilities were pristine. There are coral formations/rock as you enter the water for which you may wish to wear water shoes, but absolutely no trash, seaweed or anything else that would be objectionable. The sand was clean and white (grainy like southeast Florida), the water was clear and just a little cool until you became accustomed to it.

The food, especially the guacamole and homemade chips, was awesome and attractively presented. We had a variety of drinks and food to chose from and left happy, full, and relaxed. The beach service was great (Keato... can't say/spell whole name, made sure that our needs were well taken care of). The trip can be as inexpensive as you like. We chose to fully enjoy ourselves and we still came out better $$wise than any ships tour, had a better time, plenty of food and drink, and will never hesitate to go back.

Thanks Reneek . . . I really would like to go snorkling while in Cosumel and do plan to wear my water shoes (as opposed to fins) and think I will definately spend the day at Paridise Beach. Sure hope the water is a tad warmer in May than it was in February . . . .

Do you remember me from 2003, posting on Carnival? I'm not sure if you're the same Cheryl or not. We emailed back and forth a couple of times. Anyways, if you're the Cheryl, hiya. If not, please disregard this entire post.:D

Not quite sure - I have corresponded with many a CC member. Do you remember what it was about?

sorry if I butchered your nic. Thank you :cool:the website is very helpfull. But there is no pool there right? Being a fellow canuck I'm wondering what Tom might like from the homeland? Tim hortons coffee maybe? perhaps!:confused: lol

sorry if I butchered your nic. Thank you :cool:the website is very helpfull. But there is no pool there right? Being a fellow canuck I'm wondering what Tom might like from the homeland? Tim hortons coffee maybe? perhaps!:confused: lol

No pool so no need to worry about baby burritos in the pool. Can't answer for Tom; he seems to have eclectic tastes.

Archived