Beaches

DancingNancy_570

My family and I were on a dinner cruise out of Pt. Pleasant Beach NJ. I don't even think my 15 yr old was born yet. Anyway, we were cruising up the Manasquan River when a small speed boat pulled up and they mooned the dinner cruise. I didn't see it but my now 25 year old who was about 11 had a look of horror on it. I asked him what happened and he wouldn't tell me. When I found out I told him it was okay but that he should never do something like that. We were on for an anniversary for an elderly aunt and uncle. The uncle was so horrified and upset that he called the Dinner Cruise Line and complained. We thought it was really funny. It was. Kids - :confused:

When I first joined CC, there was a funny thread I could not help but giggle at. A woman was very upset that her family visited a beach somewhere in the Caribbean that allowed topless sunbathing. She was going to write a letter to the cruise line and tell them she did not appreciate it.:eek: I think they purchased a beach excursion via the cruise line. You should have seen the responses she received....it made the threads we've been on look very mild:p She simply didn't understand that other countries allow this and vowed she would make the cruise line change this policy. I didn't participate in the thread but I felt sorry for her for her being so niave (sp?) yet I could not help but find some humor in it. :p

LOL!! I'm glad you found humor!!! I saddens me that people get so unnerved if their child sees a naked human body! How very sad.

I've heard people complain because the Carnival Miracle has a lot of nude art...paintings and sculptures. People complain that they don't want their kids to see it. We are a strange society, us Americans......

Zydeocruiser . . . okay, are you happy now? You said the only reason you stuck around was to see the end of this thread and talk about DN . . . looks like that has finally happened. DN is gone (as are her other posts) . . . and this one is now about nude beaches and giggles. Happy?

LOL!! I'm glad you found humor!!! I saddens me that people get so unnerved if their child sees a naked human body! How very sad.

I've heard people complain because the Carnival Miracle has a lot of nude art...paintings and sculptures. People complain that they don't want their kids to see it. We are a strange society, us Americans......

I don't think I would intentionaly take my kids to a nude beach but if we encountered the situation, I would simply state we are visitors in their land and we must respect their customs. We did explain this to our 10 year old and she said she rather not see any "bare butts":p

Zydeocruiser . . . okay, are you happy now? You said the only reason you stuck around was to see the end of this thread and talk about DN . . . looks like that has finally happened. DN is gone (as are her other posts) . . . and this one is now about nude beaches and giggles. Happy?

Shhhhh.....it's been nice and quiet without people breathing down our backs;)

And this thread has turned out to be very informative....PB looks like a great way to spend the day:)

:D Oh my god...are you people still at it? You must have exciting lives to keep re-hashing a post that was started over a week ago. I guess you post on here in between your trips to WalMart

This thread has actually turned in the direction of the name of this thread...beaches:) I'm not clear what you are having a problem with.

I'm always happy. :D DN is still around and a number of her posts are. Posts are a lot more civil than they were. Birds are singing, life is good.

But I like nude beaches and giggles. May have to stick around.

Have a story or two about close encounters with topless whales on Carnival ships, but no need to go into more detail other than say they should have safety glasses available where the waning sign is posted.

:D Oh my god...are you people still at it? You must have exciting lives to keep re-hashing a post that was started over a week ago. I guess you post on here in between your trips to WalMart

Why read and reply then? I thought you were leaving this forum already? Go back under the bridge...

Why read and reply then? I thought you were leaving this forum already? Go back under the bridge...

Hell, I'm still insanely curious why she's even going to filthy Mexico, much less coming back here! :confused:

1. Lots of beaches on Cozumel are topless.

2. All Carnival cruisers shop at Wal-Mart (as if I didn't already know that ... I LOVE Wal-Mart, and Target is nice too).

3. Zydeco has a very dry sense of humor.

4. Some people don't have any sense of humor.

5. I enjoy CC people because of their diversity.

2 months and 5 days, I just can't wait!

1. Lots of beaches on Cozumel are topless.

2. All Carnival cruisers shop at Wal-Mart (as if I didn't already know that ... I LOVE Wal-Mart, and Target is nice too).

3. Zydeco has a very dry sense of humor.

4. Some people don't have any sense of humor.

5. I enjoy CC people because of their diversity.

2 months and 5 days, I just can't wait!

Zac . . . you are to funny! And I too enjoy the CC boards . . .

Less than three months until my first Carnival cruise (sixth cruise in all) and I can't wait!!!!!

Nancy, Nancy, Nancy . . . the topic of this thread is "Beaches" . . . that's what everyone was talking about (albeit nude beaches) . . . and yes, it was started over a week ago . . . some posts go on for months . . . is that a problem?

When my DH and I were first married, the first time I dragged him into Wal-Mart to pick up "just a few things," he headed toward the buggies and I told him we wouldn't need a buggy. Thirty minutes later, he bllindly staggered toward the check-out making sounds like a donkey. When I questioned him about the sounds, he explained that if he was going to be treated like a beast of burden, he might as well sound like one. :D

I think you should start posting all over the Cozumel board. It sure seems to irritate some people. And then be sure to ignore replies from the lynch mob. That will irritate them even more. You should have most of their screen names by now. :D

I think you should start posting all over the Cozumel board. It sure seems to irritate some people. And then be sure to ignore replies from the lynch mob. That will irritate them even more. You should have most of their screen names by now. :D

You must be enjoying this more then the rest of us.

You must be enjoying this more then the rest of us.

I thought this was over, but I guess the rest decided otherwise, and that only the first round is over. I didn't particularly enjoy the first round. It consisted of the rest having great fun at one person's expense.

This round, I think I'll have some fun. :D:D:D

Only 36 days until my next cruise, but not to worry - the Valor has WiFi access everywhere - even the showers! :p

I thought this was over, but I guess the rest decided otherwise, and that only the first round is over. I didn't particularly enjoy the first round. It consisted of the rest having great fun at one person's expense.

but ... but ... but ... there are so many other things going on in this thread. Like talk about beaches and even Wal-Mart. Can't we just give all this about DN a nice burial?

but ... but ... but ... there are so many other things going on in this thread. Like talk about beaches and even Wal-Mart. Can't we just give all this about DN a nice burial?

I'm more than willing to.. I keep trying to... Like I said, I thought it was over. But the rest seem determined to bury her everytime she appears. :confused:

Since this thread is about beaches (it is about beaches after all . . . sorry Nancy and Z if I'm not adding fuel to the fire) . . . the last time I was in Cosumel, I swam with dolphins and though I would like like to do it again . . . don't think my knees will allow for the fun I had two years ago. Have decided to just sort of sit in a lounge chair, play in the water and do a little snorkling. From everything I've read on here, Paradise Beach seems to be the best beach in Cosumel. Question . . . would someone who isn't with a group (as in someone traveling solo) . . . find Paradise Beach to be the best beach in Cosumel to visit?

Archived