Beaches

DancingNancy_570

She's a he. And yes, you may call me Bill. I don't think Paradise Beach is the root cause of the issue some posters have with the OP. I think it is residual from past threads that have been deleted.

Why the other posters keep stirring the pot is a mystery. I would handle it differently.

GC and others, I'm sorry if the OP offended you in past, present, or future posts, but only you control how long you hold on to those feelings. If the OP never "comes clean" - are you going to harbor those feelings forever? If so, that is sad.

I didn't start this, but I do intend to be at the finish line.

Bill, I am soooo sorry . . . I read in another post that you were a "she" . . . honest, I meant no offense. And you are right, the root of the frustration of many posters was the hurtfull things said about those that enjoy Carnival cruises (I've never sailed Carvival but am really looking forward to my first cruise with them in April) . . . but to call any group of people "trailer trash" was so sad. That, coupled with all the inconsistant statements she made (I don't want to call them lies) just didn't make any sense. These boards are fantastic and the people that post on them are equally as friendly and fantastic. This particular poster just seems to be so negative about everything and "I'm so much better" than anyone that posts here . . . did result in many not so nice replies.

As I've said, I've never been on a Carnival cruise (though this will be my sixth cruise) and I've never been been to Paridise Island. For someone like DN to put down Carnival (and those that love Carnival) before she even sailed on one of their ships and then . . . to put down Paridise Island when it turns out she's never been there . . . I think the responses she got were the result of a lot of frustration in reading this thread and all the others she has started or posted to.

I buy & sell a lot on ebay too - especially stuff for the baby. My ebay name is bridget4of5 (my borg name)

Yes - I am a closet nerd. Please try to keep it quiet!:cool:

Oh my goodness . . . I too am a closet nerd! I sell all my "out of favor" suits on eBay . . . hey, when more than two-thirds of your closet is full of suits (as an attorney . . . they are my "uniform") I figure, "what the heck." I sell three or four older suits and can afford to buy a new one. eBay is fantastic!!!

Bill, I am soooo sorry . . . I read in another post that you were a "she" . . . honest, I meant no offense. And you are right, the root of the frustration of many posters was the hurtfull things said about those that enjoy Carnival cruises (I've never sailed Carvival but am really looking forward to my first cruise with them in April) . . . but to call any group of people "trailer trash" was so sad. That, coupled with all the inconsistant statements she made (I don't want to call them lies) just didn't make any sense. These boards are fantastic and the people that post on them are equally as friendly and fantastic. This particular poster just seems to be so negative about everything and "I'm so much better" than anyone that posts here . . . did result in many not so nice replies.

As I've said, I've never been on a Carnival cruise (though this will be my sixth cruise) and I've never been been to Paridise Island. For someone like DN to put down Carnival (and those that love Carnival) before she even sailed on one of their ships and then . . . to put down Paridise Island when it turns out she's never been there . . . I think the responses she got were the result of a lot of frustration in reading this thread and all the others she has started or posted to.

No problem. Like water off a duck's back. I simply corrected and moved on.

As for Carnival, if Hooter's didn't already use the slogan, one could say the ships are delightfully tacky yet unrefined. But I like them, and I have been on a number of Carnival cruises and continue to go. I also love their stock.

I'm tellin ya! It's addicting!!! Been watching it for hours.... somehow watching puppies be puppies just makes everything "OK" :D Funniest thing I have seen in ages, now, if I can just pull myself away! LOL!!!!!

I tried, honest I did. I tried to watch the puppy bowl last nite but Tiki (my very spoiled five-year-old Westie) wouldn't let me. She kept running up to the screen and barking . . . then she'd try to run behind the screen (very hard to do since it is built-in). She drove me crazy! Finally had to give up and turn on CNN (believe me, puppy bowl was a heck of a lot more fun) . . .

I tried, honest I did. I tried to watch the puppy bowl last nite but Tiki (my very spoiled five-year-old Westie) wouldn't let me. She kept running up to the screen and barking . . . then she'd try to run behind the screen (very hard to do since it is built-in). She drove me crazy! Finally had to give up and turn on CNN (believe me, puppy bowl was a heck of a lot more fun) . . .

Get Tiki one for Christmas:

http://shopping.discovery.com/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?endecaSID=101EF660FDCA&langId=-1&storeId=10000&productId=57511&catalogId=10000

Too funny Z . . . maybe I will order one of those videos . . . something to keep Tiki busy while I'm at work. No, on second thought . . . maybe not. She'd have the TV scratched to pieces trying to jump into the screen to get one of those puppies. Hum, maybe I should get her a real live puppy dog to play with. Nay . . . the thought of potty training/crate training sort of leaves me cold. Oh, if only one could get a puppy already house trained . . . I've had seven dogs in my adult life (five Westies and two Goldens) . . . each one seem to get harder to potty train. I even thought about getting "big girl panties" for Tiki when she was five months old and still having "accidents." Tee Hee!!!!!

You know zydeco, it is *extremely* bad netiquette to direct link to others posted images, and drain their bandwidth, much less cross-post and claim it as your own.

I never claimed it was my work. It did take 30 seconds or so to track down who I believe to be the true owner. I trust this meets with your approval, properly linked, as requested by the true owner.

dhb.gif

bird.gif

I never claimed it was my work. It did take 30 seconds or so to track down who I believe to be the true owner. I trust this meets with your approval, properly linked, as requested by the true owner.

http://hometown.aol.com/zydecocruiser/dhb.gif

http://hometown.aol.com/zydecocruiser/bird.gif

Gotta follow those rules;)

You must be in a hurry tonight girl, or toasted - see bold above. LOL

No, not "toasted" . . . . just probably a tad unhappy. Jury trial didn'd go well today . . . my client was sentenced to nine and a half years. I look to these boards as a way not only to plan for my next cruise but also as a way to escape some things I feel very sad about (my 18 year-old client really was innocent).

Derf reporting for duty.

For us newbies could somone please give a synopsis of where the thread started where it has been and where it is going.

Derf - reading the first 30-40 posts was enough to bring me up to speed. I don't know all the history (there appears to be a lot)

Definitely let us know what was up with Paradise Beach....but are you positive you don't mean Palm Beach?

After reading the begining of the thread there seemes to be a abreviation problem. What does PB mean. It's like CP which could either be the Coral Princess or the Caribbean Princess. Lets make the extra effort and no abreviations, please.

I belong to SPIT

Society for the Prevention of Initled Titles

Archived