Train from Barcelona to Venice.

momofmeg

It is possible that he checked LATE in the fall like November or late October. I KNOW that Delta has a NON STOP flight in September from ATL to VCE. You are looking for non stop.

"Direct" on airlines does not mean non stop.

It is possible that he checked LATE in the fall like November or late October. I KNOW that Delta has a NON STOP flight in September from ATL to VCE. You are looking for non stop.

"Direct" on airlines does not mean non stop.

Yes it is later in the fall. What does "direct" mean on airlines? I suppose you mean a direct flight could stop and take on and off passengers (the plane is not serviced or refueled) and you are allowed to stay on the plane if you have the same destination as the next stop?

Okay-my husband said we would have to CHANGE planes in Amsterdam which would really be flying out of our way-but that was the way the Venice flights were routed. He said it was actually more expensive doing it that way.

Be careful of this preception.. .I actually had the opposite.

My Delta code share was actually on an Air France and my return was on a Delta ( this was thru Atlanta to Paris ). Delta horrible service, amenities versus Air France very nice by comparison; YMMV.

The 767s that are flying come in several flavors. The newer ones have full size overheads that can store your standard rollon carryons. The one we flew back would NOT fit the standard carryon fullsize width wise, made for a circus scramble for overhead storage.

Delta uses their big jets for flying overseas normally. 767? I think that is the what those jets are called-they have much better leg room than the smaller jets which are used for inside the US. Of course we also flew one of those jets also back from Anchorage and from San Juan, so I guess it is used in the US some.

Now the Air France jet we flew to Paris, was actually HUGE, but it also carried about 500 PAX, we were crammed in like sardines in coach. I will never do that again.

As far as no flights to Venice, my husband told me that. I depend on him to check. He works at Delta as a contractor, (Systems Administrator) his employer is actually IBM, but he has been doing this for many years. I guess he did not take the time to look yesterday. I know he knows how, he is very computer savvy, he has to be with his psoiton. I am the one that is the dummy who does not know how to check things on the internet.

YES , your description of direct is exactly right.

Sorry the non stop flights don't fit your schedule.

I have enjoyed all my flights on Delta so not sure what the "horrible service" was about in the previous post. I guess sometimes bad things happen on any airline?

Yes it is later in the fall. What does "direct" mean on airlines?

A direct flight is one that is sold by the airline under a single flight number. This type of ticket does not mean that you will not have any stops along the way. For instance, Qantas sells a direct flight to Sydney from New York that not only has a stop in LAX, but requires a plane change.

YES , your description of direct is exactly right.

Sorry the non stop flights don't fit your schedule.

I have enjoyed all my flights on Delta so not sure what the "horrible service" was about in the previous post. I guess sometimes bad things happen on any airline?

We don't mind changing planes-we would just like it to be more direct as the cost of flight is based somewhat on the miles flown. We haven't booked the cruise yet, and besides, Delta, at least will not let you book flights over a year ahead-so we have time to do research. I do appreciate everyone's help and you guys have been a big help.

As far as chipmaster, well, we obviously like Delta, but everyone is different. I have had other people tell me they hate Delta too, we don't have to all like the same airline. Besides it would make flights too crowded and the price too high LOL! Oh well, I will continue to fly Delta.

We don't mind changing planes-we would just like it to be more direct as the cost of flight is based somewhat on the miles flown. We haven't booked the cruise yet, and besides, Delta, at least will not let you book flights over a year ahead-so we have time to do research. I do appreciate everyone's help and you guys have been a big help.

As far as chipmaster, well, we obviously like Delta, but everyone is different. I have had other people tell me they hate Delta too, we don't have to all like the same airline. Besides it would make flights too crowded and the price too high LOL! Oh well, I will continue to fly Delta.

We found another crusie that is a month earlier. So, we may be able to do the open city flight after all. Unfortunately this cruise is a RCI freedom class ship, which I do not like the huge size, but it would be easier to fly into Venice and the ports are the same ones we wanted.

Archived