Has anyone used shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com

cprofits

This was a note I wrote to Shareashoreexcursion. Our trip was called "Epic Nice"

Just wanted you to know that my husband and I loved our excursion. Our driver - Fred drove us to Nice, Eze and Monte Carlo. He took time to stop at different vistas so we could see the beautiful coastline and take many pictures. He was very knowledgeable about the area and answered all of our questions. Our group requested a non tourist place for lunch and he took us to a restaurant in La Turbie. It was quiet, no tourists and the food was great! I only wish we had more time to spend in Nice. Perhaps another trip.

This was the first time I ever arranged a shore excursion of this type and I would do it again. The communication with your company was great. All of my concerns were addressed and I was very pleased.

I would recommend this company

My experience with SHARE A SHORE EXCURSION on our NCL Spirit trip.

Nicholetta was fantastic. She was caring, informative and made sure that our group got to see/do what they wanted as far as site seeing.

When you travel so far from home, it is a bit unsettling to get to a port/country that you never have been to before not knowing where to go in order to see the highlights of the port.

She was prompt and knowledgeable of each site visited. She made sure we were safe and was a pleasure to meet.

I would highly recommend her and your tour company.

We took a chance and booked all our shore excursions with Share A Shore Excursion and what a treat it was!!! The guides were wonderful and were definitely worth the extra money,all of the drivers were professional, courteous, informative and a pleasure to be with. The communication with their office was also great. We would not consider going with anyone other than this company!!

• 1 month later...

We used this service for 6 of us, to get from our ship to the airport. Were greeted by a friendly driver in a clean Van and a 45 minute easy trek to the airport. We paid €30 per person a lot less than the big bus cruise bus, and went when we wanted . Good service and efficient

QUOTE=cprofits;24451904]which is advertised at the top of the cruise critic page periodically? I've posted on my roll call asking to share shore excursions and have had no response. Our cruise is in July and we are past final payment so I would think people would be making their arrangements. Unfortunately, our roll call is very quiet and does not have a lot of posts. I'd like to plan shore excursions for Rome and Florence and there are just the two of us so 900 euros for both is expensive.

I went to http://www.shareashoreexcursioninitaly.com and it appears very straight forward. They have a banner ad here so I guess they are reputable. I've searched for posts regarding this company but cannot find any. Has anyone successfully used them? Thanks!

I had 3 shore excursions with SASE, they were the highlight of my cruise.

I highly recommend them everything was top notch as stated in other reviews.

Some people wait to the last minute to book, it will fill up. Be active on your roll call and ask people to join.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

I was all set to create a group for the Viking Star for the port of Livorno. I logged on, but did not find our ship listed on the pull down menu. I emailed them to ask how to proceed, as you can not type in the name of your ship you have to click on a ship in the list. I have had no response from my inquiry, so moved on to Romeinlimo sharing site. Much easier to use, IMO.

• 3 weeks later...

We booked our eight person tour for Florence with Shareashoreexcursion in December, 2015. Communication with the office (Oana, especially) was great. I had lots of questions that were answered within a day. It was easy to use their website for arrangements. Our driver, David, was on time and took good care of us. He was polite, considerate, and an excellent driver. We were taken to the Plazza Michaelangelo overlooking Florence first then dropped off in the middle of Florence at the Plazza Republica which was perfect for seeing all the sights in our six hours. It was impossible for large busses to reach either of these areas. I felt safe and secure using this company. Highly recommended for the service and price.

• 2 weeks later...

I put together another tour group of 8 people [Florence on your Own] on the same Dec 9th Epic Sailing. I had not done this before. It was easy to work with Share a Shore Excursion in Italy. As it turns out, all 8 of us had been to Florence before and wanted to go in different directions once we arrived. We first met at the M&G the first full day on the ship to coordinate times, places payment and tips.

Marco was earlier than his 8 am scheduled time, which was good because we were able to leave the ship earlier than we were told. The van was clean, the driver personable, professional and a very good driver. We were one of the first vans out of the docks and on our way before the ship buses even boarded.

Florence is an old city with narrow streets that only a van such as ours [with special tour permit] could navigate.

We were dropped off at the Plaza Republica and shown where we would be picked-up and at what time. He gave us maps and we went off to enjoy our day. Marco was there at the time and place designated. We drove back and were dropped off at the door.

In addition to the great price per person, everyone in my group said they enjoyed this journey and were glad they came.

The Company lived up to everything they promised. I will certain use them again!

• 2 weeks later...

We used them in Naples in September 2014. We originally set up a "share tour" to Amalfi, hoping people would join. No one did, but there was a very similar tour which we were happy with, so joined that. We ended up with 4 bookings from our ship, and 2 from another ship arriving around the same time. Initially, Share a Shore said they could not accommodate bookings from different ships, but that was all sorted.

On the day, we ended up with 5 people - one half of a couple was unwell and had to cancel - I think the lady who did come had to cover the cost of the late cancellation as well as her own ticket.

The tour itself was great. Mario the driver was entertaining, taking us to Sorrento and Positano, and Pompeii in the afternoon. We had originally said no to the lunch option they offer at booking, but as a group decided on the day to take it - a very nice at a restaurant above Positano. Clearly geared for the tourist trade, but retained some element of authenticity, and the food was great.

Would I book them again? Absolutely - indeed we are back there in June and may do so - the difference this time being that we are part of a group, so will fill a van on our own.

• 4 months later...

We used Share a Shore Excursions on May 19, 2016, to tour Pisa and Florence from our ship the Norwegian Epic

We are seven retired relatives and chose this company from reviews here, as well as the fact we could have one van for us, which meant much less walking to sites. Only vans in Florence can get close to the sites. The large tour buses must park a fair distance from the sites.

In fact, we had a minute walk to the Leaning Tower in Pisa, while I know that the walk from the large tour buses is almost fifteen minutes.

Our driver Stefano, met us as planned, at the ship and on time.

He was very personable, knowledgeable, and humourous. Using his suggestions we saw things that I know those on the larger tours did not see (having done those tours ourselves).

The fact that it is much less expensive than the ship's tour was a bonus.

I would give this company the highest recommendation, without hesitation, and have recommended friends use this tour group.

If you are lucky, you will get Stefano as your guide, to make the whole day pleasant and enjoyable.

We also used Share a Shore Excursions in May 2015, to tour Pisa and Florence from our ship Riviera through Oceania Cruise Lines and shared a Private Tour with another couple. Our driver was also Stefano and besides being a wealth of information on the trip to the Leaning Tower of Pisa he was equally as informative on the tour of Florence. Using the private van made the excursion so much easier then another earlier tour with the cruise line. No standing around and waiting, sightseeing at our leisure is the way to go. Don't forget to try the Gelato in Florence, you won't be sorry@

I found this company on an internet search and took a leap of faith. I was not disappointed.

I used them off the NCL Epic in April, 2016 for Livorno and Naples. The Livorno driver, Massimilano, was excellent. He gave great tips while getting us safely to Pisa and then on to Florence. The Piazza Michelangelo stop was breathtaking. Then, into the city, he stopped at Santa Croce where we enjoyed the Piazza and the shops. Finally, on to the Duomo where we walked the city on our own, had lunch and met back up at the spacious van. For his efforts we treated him to a most excellent cup of Gelato at his favorite spot.

In Naples, the pickup was a little trickier as Gregory wasn't able to come right up to the ship. Once we found him, the drive to the Amalfi coast was absolutely amazing. The towns that hang along this steep coastline are charming and attractive. Our first stop was a roadside park overlooking the Tyrrhenian Sea where we took pictures and took in the view.

Along the hillside communities, was Gregory’s home town where he beeped and waved at folks and pointed out his family home. I felt like I was one of his friends as he shared his story with us while he drove. Next stop was the scenic seaside town of Amalfi where we walked around bought Lemoncello and went to the 9th century Basilica. I finally got to put my hands in the Mediterranean and was surprised at the rough sand beach.

Back in the Mercedes Benz van and we stopped in the shopping town of Positano. After going in and out of the cute stores, we asked Gregory for lunch spot where he took us to a restaurant, da Cosentino, perched high over the blue ocean. Since they forgot my order with the group, they comped me the price. It helps to have someone in the know to take you where the locals eat with great food and service.

Last stop of the tour was to the ruins of Pompeii. We didn’t have a lot of time so the group decided to stay together. Looking into the casa’s of the people of the 1st century AD was to see into a crystal ball of history. Walking along the cobblestone roads that centuries of chariots left ruts in was remarkable. As interesting as the city was, it was sad at the same time, even over 2000 years later.

We found the frescoes in several of the houses as if they were painted only a hundred years ago as well as the town’s Coliseum, much smaller of course than Rome’s. We also viewed lots of beautifully decorated floor mosaics, still mostly intact. At the time we were to head back to the van to meet up with Gregory, he was waiting for us on our ride back to port.

Both drivers, both experiences and the great folks at Share A Shore Excursion helped make our Bucket List trip truly memorable. I'd use them again in a heartbeat!

• 2 weeks later...

We used Share a Shore Excursion for Sicily. It was great! Our ship, Carnival Vista, was in in Palermo and we went to a huge church and then the catacombs which is definitely a don't miss there. Our driver then took us to Cefalu for a few hours of free time to shop and enjoy the beach. All eight on our tour were from our ship and we had a sign up on our roll call. It was super easy to book and our driver was waiting for us just off the ship. He also gave us information on the culture and practices there while he took us to the various sites.

I would definitely use them again while in Europe!

• 4 weeks later...

We used share a shore excursion in May 2016.

The excursion was excellent and every bit of what we expected. The driver, Claudio, was prompt in arriving at the dock and back to the dock exactly on schedule. Claudio was very charming and a complete professional. He gave us the opportunity to decide which sites we wanted to see because of time constraints. He gave us a great description of the many sites around Rome and made sure we had good positions to photograph these sites.

Our tour guide at the Vatican was Simone. He is definitely a unique individual who knows his way around the Vatican. His background in archeology a Roman history proved to be a big asset as his description of the various sites in the Vatican were outstanding. What made Simone more likeable was his humor. If he ever decides to quit being a tour guide he could become a comedian in Las Vegas and be a success. I would pay to see him perform.

Overall we had a great excursion and recommend your company and services with the highest confidence. The coach ws very comfortable and cool during some hot and humid weather. Thank you very much and we hope to tour with you again in the future.

I was wondering how it would work for a one-way transfer into Rome at the end of a cruise. Would everyone have to be coming from the same ship? I think not. We'll be transferring to Termini Station after our cruise, from Civitavecchia, and I've had no luck on our roll-call.

Driver was waiting outside the ship for us with a sign, professionally dressed in a suit on a very hot day. His driving was excellent--and he found a place to park nearby at each location. We met up with a private guide for the Vatican and this guide had such a wealth of knowledge about everything that kept us intrigued. Driver suggested a place for us to eat lunch and after touring drove back to our ship on time. Excellent day and everything went perfectly!:):):):)

I'm pleased as punch to read all these glowing reviews of shareashoreexcursion! A friend recommended them to me the other day (he'd been on a tour or two with them in the past few years) and the end result is that I've created 2 groups on their website in the hopes of attracting a few more people on our roll call for our cruise April 2017 (Pisa and Florence, and Rome with skip-the-line passes). We have a very quiet roll call, so no luck yet, but I'm hoping some others will jump in. I'd like to start up another couple of groups, possibly for Naples (I'm thinking Sorrento and Pompeii) and Athens (the full day tour there), but wanted to see how these go over first. Pretty easy website to navigate and I've got my fingers crossed, since the price goes down as you fill the van.

Thanks for all the comments and reviews, everyone!

Best wishes!

We used Shareashoreexcursion in Livorno in June. Everyone in the group of 8 had been to Florence before. Shareashorexcursion was able to recommend alternatives for us.

Our driver met us at the ship, great van, very comfortable, lots of room and great view from large windows for everyone. Driver was professionally dressed, excellent driver.

Drove through the Tuscan countryside to San Gimigiano, arrived before all the crowds. Great timing. Onto Greze, stopping at a market in a small town on the way.

Shareashoreexcurion had suggested a winery tour (they made a recommendation of a winery) and everyone had agreed before we left for the cruise. We went to Castello di Verrazano, tour of the gardens and the winery, then a fantastic lunch, with a wine tasting that will never be forgotten. Not just little glasses - and amazing wine.

It was an excellent day and a highlight of the cruise.

• 3 weeks later...

We just came back from the Norwegian Spirit Grand Med cruise and had a very pleasant and enjoyable experience with Share a Shore Excursion in Livorno/Florence! The pricing will be more straightforward if you sign up for an account and can make your own group on the website. Here's our TripAdvisor review:

We booked a transfer only from Livorno to Florence through 'Share a Shore Excursion' since we had three separate families with different DIY interests. Oana from the team was very responsive to all my inquiries via email and always courteous and knowledgeable. When we arrived in Livorno our driver, David, arrived early and we were on our way with a comfortable air-conditioned and wi-fi enabled van. David was amazing and, upon seeing a bit of traffic on the highway, suggested we take a mini detour (with no extra time added) through the Tuscan countryside which we wouldn't have seen otherwise! David also took us to a lookout point where we got a panoramic view of Florence which was breathtaking to see. When we arrived in Florence David helped us get oriented and, when it was time for pick up, he was so considerate and had parked our van in the shade so that it wouldn't be too hot for us!

All in all it was a very enjoyable experience with Share a Shore Excursion, from booking to the actual transfer. We definitely got more than our money's worth and we would highly recommend Share a Shore Excursion for all our excursion needs!

• 1 month later...

I reserved a Florence/Pisa tour with Share a Shore Excursion for our cruise port stop in Livorno. From pick up to drop off everything went fine. I always say that the tour guide makes the tour. Our tour guide Stephanie did just that. Stephanie was fantastic! She is a thorough and passionate tour guide. We had time in both locations to ourselves and in Florence Stephanie gave some recommendations on places to eat and they were spot on including the Gelato store that's been in business since 1939. Reservation and communication with Share a Shore went smoothly. All questions asked were timely answered .Thanks to Share a Shore for making it easy to reserve a tour and for having such a wonderful person conduct the tour. Will definitely recommend and use you again in the future.