Who should I use to book?

Is it better to book online through the Carnival website or talk with a Carnival representative?

OR is it better to use one of the many discount cruise online outlets?

One thing I would be wanting to do is check prices daily hoping for a price drop/upgrade.

How is the best way to do this? :)

You are going to get a lot of different opinions on this one!!!

Our first couple of cruises I used a TA but it seemed I did all the work and they got all the commision. One TA did not even know what OBC was when I saw a price drop and called her about it. I actually walked her through the process!!:eek: But yes I did get my $200. I wonder if she loses some of her comission when that happens and that is why she was feigning ignorance.

Next time I let my fingers do the walking and used the carnival website figured out what I wanted and then called carnival and booked direct. That worked fine for me.

Our last cruise was a pack and go. Called carnival they said all rooms had been booked but one of the online sites still showed rooms available so I used the online site paid the small fee they wanted and had a great cruise!!

So it is all in how much work you want to do and home much time you want to invest. Best to do the resaerch yourself as you know what you want from your vacation!!

But this is just my opinion I am sure you will get lots more of those!:eek:

I always go thru Carnival dot com now. Gives you total control of your rez info, and if you're booking ES (and it sounds like you want to) it lets you make claims easily without having to track down a TA. Almost always the same price.

I have the absolute best online site that uses a unique method, but the last time I even "hinted" at what it was I was kicked off for 4 days. :D

(GEEEESH, you can't even hide your messages with highlighted words anymore :rolleyes:)

Archived