NOLA need help with my plans

viciouslysh

Hello! I just booked the Triumph for July. I am flying in from Dallas the day before. Then taking a taxi to the hotel. Is it pretty simple to book a hotel in the French Quarter and then taxi over to port? Then taxi back to the airport? I'd like to stay in the French Quarter, so any recommendations would be nice.:D

Hello! I just booked the Triumph for July. I am flying in from Dallas the day before. Then taking a taxi to the hotel. Is it pretty simple to book a hotel in the French Quarter and then taxi over to port? Then taxi back to the airport? I'd like to stay in the French Quarter, so any recommendations would be nice.:D

You might want to check reviews on tripadvisor.com before booking anything in New Orleans. The port isn't far from the French Quarter.

Be sure to get Beignets and Coffee at Cafe du Monde while you are there. :)

The French Quarter is very close to the port - it would be close enough to walk if you did not have luggage (and if it weren't July). You did not give your cruise date, but the Essence Fest is July 4th weekend so if you are coming then you need to find a hotel now.

There are many, many hotels in the French Quarter and surrounding area - from big chains to small boutique hotels. You may also want to check the New Orleans threads under Ports of Call on the boards. There are quite few hotel discussions - just check back over the last few weeks.

I second Mysticks1 comment about Cafe du Monde. The beignets & coffee are one of the many fabulous reasons to live here.

It depends on festivals and conventions. The summer is usually slow in New Orleans. Hotels are usually cheaper during the week than the weekends (economy is mostly tourism and conventions).

We love Iberville Suites. You can call to see if they have a special or try places like hotels.com. A block to Bourbon Street, Deanies is about across the street, the Alibi serves food till dawnish, Acme Oyster is close, Galatoires is close, etc, etc.

You can also try the bed and breakfast route La Maison Marigny is where we stayed. great service (muffins were awesome in the morning) Its walking distance to Bourbon street. (4 blocks give or take) they even put the flag of your state up when you stay there. Its quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street.

http://www.lamaisonmarigny.com see trip advisor for reviews.

Cafe Du Monde- benigents & coffee Decatur St & Bourbon Sts a little further down they have the trinket market. I got beads ;)

Go cups- try a hurricane- best one at Lafittes Blacksmith Shop (its haunted you know)

good food everywhere, nightlife is off the chart.

Lots of shopping..

Alrana

You can also try the bed and breakfast route La Maison Marigny is where we stayed. great service (muffins were awesome in the morning) Its walking distance to Bourbon street. (4 blocks give or take) they even put the flag of your state up when you stay there. Its quiet away from the hustle and bustle of Bourbon Street.

www.lamaisonmarigny.com see trip advisor for reviews.

Cafe Du Monde- benigents & coffee Decatur St & Bourbon Sts a little further down they have the trinket market. I got beads ;)

Go cups- try a hurricane- best one at Lafittes Blacksmith Shop (its haunted you know)

good food everywhere, nightlife is off the chart.

Lots of shopping..

Alrana

Okay can anyone tell me where this Lafittes Blacksmith shop is...I just received a book with all of the resturants and bars listed in the the French Quarter and it is not listed anywhere in that book...would be interested in checking it out....

If you have a chance I'd suggest you check out The Green Goddess! It's a "hole in the wall" cafe with some of the best, most unique food I've found anywhere! We've been to NOLA often but just found this place in February and we'll definitely go every time we go back!

If you go you have to check out the Sweet Potato Biscuits with Orange Honey Butter! The Cheesy Machego Grits and the Big Cactus Chilaquiles are delicious as well!

http://greengoddessnola.com/

Okay can anyone tell me where this Lafittes Blacksmith shop is...I just received a book with all of the resturants and bars listed in the the French Quarter and it is not listed anywhere in that book...would be interested in checking it out....

At the intersection of Bourbon and St. Phillip, which is 10 blocks from Canal. Just keep walking and when you get about ready to give up you'll see it on the left hand side. The blocks in the quarter aren't like regular city blocks, much smaller.

And so worth the walk, as the Hurricanes at Lafittes are the best! We walked there every night, got our drink, and then walked back to Fritzel's for some great jazz music. We still had to buy a drink there as our cover charge, but we just got a bottle of water, which we needed after the Hurricane!

Archived