How do I check my ships capacity

duppa5

There's no way to know. The cruise line could say they have no cabins available, but there actually could be many cabins available if some travel agencies have group space held for their own agency's use, and still have unsold cabins in that group inventory.

Just do a search on a particular cruise - most will actually state the cabin #'s still available.

As I explained in the previous post, cabins may be held by travel agencies for group bookings, and these will not be shown by the cruise line as being available. The cruise line may even show the cruise as sold out, but individual travel agencies may have space available.

Call and talk to a Carnival PVP, a good one has access to all available cabins and can tell you. Just remember that not all PVPs are created equal. Good Luck

This is a good idea but in my opinion, this "might not work." The travel agency I use always has dozens of group cruises throughout the year (in fact they specialize in group cruises) and they always get the cruiselines to release X amount of cabins to them, for so long, then if they aren't sold by the time period allowed they release them back to the cruiseline.

So from the way I am looking at this, if I call a cruiseline and ask them how many cabins are available they are not going to tell me that Travel Agency A is holding onto 125 cabins for their customers and Travel Agency B is holding onto 45 cabins, etc. That cruiseline is only going to tell me how many cabins that their PVP has available for "them" to sale. They are not going to tell me what travel agency across the country is holding onto a particular cabin I am interested in.

So in reality I won't be able to get a true count. Am I making sense with my logic of thinking?

OR can a cruiseline call a travel agency and ask them to release a particular cabin for one of their (the cruiseline's) customer?

You can probably gleen clues from price promos, OBC and seeing what choices are avaiable with test bookings at any number of online booking.

These could be very missleading as every large group is probbably given an allocation.

No different than asking how can I tell if a flight is sold out.

I think after final payment is due a few months before the cruise is when you can really gauge based on cabin/class availability and price :D

It should be a cruiseline well kept secret as if it widely known it would be leveraged heavily by the independent TAs and smart cruisers, duhhh ;)

I am wondering how I can check how many cabins are still vacant for carnival ships?

We check the ship on line before we book. We know which deck we want and look at that deck. The available cabins are shown here. Then we can book the one we want. You can also call an agency and tell them the deck, catagory you want and ask them what they have avilable. I have the ship layout from the catalogue next to me so I can see exactly where the cabin is.

Archived