Alcohol prices onboard NEW

cindilouwho

Anyone have any feedback on the new prices for alcoholic drinks on board? When I sailed Journey 2 years ago the prices were very high and 18% gratuity!! Wine by the glass was $7 or more and mixed drinks and premium brands were $10 or more.

Wine is included with lunch and dinner. However, there is still wines available for purchase...some at special prices (very attractive) and others are still quite high. I did see people buying the better wines. Mixed drinks and liquor are for sale ...about $12 + tip. Very high...glad that I don't drink. I rarely saw anyone buying drinks. Soft drinks are free everywhere. It's especially nice sitting in the nightclub or out on deck.

We just got off the Quest May 3rd after spending 24 nights on board. We thought the prices very reasonable. Every day they had half price beer specials. They would choose two beers per day (Heineken, Bud, Corona, Red Stripe and once a couple of chines beers...to name a few). It meant we paid only $2.50 per beer from 11:00am onwards. You did have to be in a restaurant or at the Windows bar at the back of the shift (technically) but we found the servers around the pool were happy to get them for us and we were happy to tip them periodically for this although tips are included and that was our choice.

There were also half price wine bottle specials daily. Our friends picked up several good wines for $14 plus per bottle.

I would occasionally have a martini ($10) which was not short on alcohol. As we live near Toronto this is the price we would expect to pay in most restarants and bars.

I think we paid about $9 total per glass of wine (if I recall there were some cheaper wines byt he glass) when we were meeting in the bar prior to dinner, again this in keeping with prices here so for us (we are taxed to death on alcohol) and hubbie paid about $7/$8 for a mixed drink.

We brought on several bottles of wine, gin and vodka for our cabin with no issues.

Deb.

Archived