Carnival is serving larger food portions?

AmberTeka

On the Dream ( May8-15) My husband commented on how he thought the food portions were larger. in contrast to the past. I think he was right. CONSEQUENCE...The only time anyone at our table ordered more than one entree was on Lobster night...where my DH ordered two. I also noted that we all ordered fewer starters and salads and such....I suspect the waste of food may be going down. One night we all ordered the WMC and the Wait staff brought us the Cream Brulee to taste ( which we all eagerly did). That was the only double dessert order too. PLUS Our table was not cluttered with piles of dishes.....the Wait staff was not constantly running for more orders...and from what I saw...most of us at my table..cleanned their plates. Good Move Carnival. I think they might be on to something here.

That's interesting to hear.

When we started cruising, we enjoyed the portion sizes, as well as the multiple courses.

Both have shrunk over the years, and I remember starting ordering multiple starters and entrees in the early 90's. At that time they also removed lobster from the menu, which created such a rutkus, it soon returned, with triumphant fanfare.

Everyone at our table ordered the grilled pork chop the night it was an entree for dinner. They were very big and very thick.. I could not finish mine. they were extremely good too. The cut of prime rib I ordered was also quite large and thick...very tender. It was delicious. The two nights I ordered pork BBQ..the serving was two rib servings or small racks or whatever the terminology. It seemed like a lot to me...they were very good. I am listing these dishes because this is why we wondered if portion sizes were larger. And again..we liked it. We did not over order and we were not hungry within a couple of hours. Alas their chilled Fruit soups..the Peach Delight one..and the other one..were the same size. They were beyond delicious.

On my recent Dream cruise the portions seemed similar to my Splendor cruise 6 months prior. With that said, I feel that their portions are very generous, even without ordering double anything, I get very full with a starter, entrée and dessert, and I have a pretty big appetite.

Archived