No More Bon Voyage Liqure

AZchieffan

I had already pre-ordered our alcohol and drink tickets. Sent my questions to Carnival as well as posted question on Carnival site about orders already placed...

I am with the majority on this one - not happy at all. I don't see a reason legitimately for this unless perhaps a passenger sued and won because they were irresponsible with their purchase (or the parents).... Whatever the case, I'm sure it was the exception to the rule versus the majority that caused them to take such an immediate action versus an official notice.

I realize I am not the veteran cruiser like many on this board, but I do try to get the reasons before I slam the business. I said something similar on another post for prohibited items - so I'm prepared to take my slams -- but bash the "individuals" that keep causing all these rules to be passed down. Sometimes it isn't about the profit - not the majority - but sometimes. Most of this type of policy come from money hungry folks that sue the company because of their own stupidity.

We truly have a great time cruising - this will dampen things a bit, but still am looking forward to my upcoming, long-awaited cruise! We'll just have to re-evaluate the room category in the future...won't have a need for the balcony to sit and have a drink...

Mr Shae,

I have just learned of your decision to discontinue this service to

your loyal Carnival Cruiser's. I think this is absolutely ridiculous

and all though I have never purchased from Bon Voyage there are many

of my cruising friends that do. Because of this decision we have now

decided to look at All Inclusive land vacations for our group starting

in 2012.

Thanks for taking care of your loyal cruisers... I will be Platinum on

my next cruise in September of this year, I have one other cruise

booked and I think that maybe it for us and alot more.

I think you should have looked at the option that has been implemented

with Celebrity to offer certain non and alcoholic packages to your

cruisers instead of cutting them off completely... :(((((

A very UNHAPPY Platinum member,

Come everyone...

1) Carnival Home Page, bottom of screen click on contact us.

2) Using the pull down menu select Bon Voyage Department

3) Write a note expressing your concerns

I think they will listen, let's make sure they hear us!:mad::mad::mad:

Done! ;)

Arrrgghh....this is bad. My upcoming cruise comes as a long-awaited and well-deserved vacation from working 80-90 hrs/week. I did not mind paying the high BV prices in order to be assured that my liquor would be waiting for me in my room. Now that isn't even an option? Come on! This is my VACATION! I'm trying to do the right thing, but taking away the option of purchasing liquor while on your vacation (other than just bar drinks) just means less fun/relaxation.

Carnival: you have a great product - why would you punish your own customers who are on vacation by taking away their right to have a drink in their own room? If profit margin is the answer, I have no problem with that....just raise your already expensive BV prices...or at the very least offer an in-room bar to be charged to your S&S. Maybe I don't want to drink at a bar throughout the night! Maybe I just want a few drinks in my cabin before bed. Is that so wrong? I am on VACATION!

I spent 30 years at GM and had the displeasure of seeing Toyota take over the #1 position in the auto industry. I just can’t say enough about bean counters! Maybe I will look into one of those foreign owned Italian ships for February!

Although we drink very little, the B.V. route worked great for us on our first cruise.

I too sent a letter.

While something like the X package looks good on the surface, you are still left with the same problem you have now. The package does NOT include mini-bars or room service drinks. Period. So you are still left in your cabin with no drink unless you, yourself (or someone you can bribe), goes to the closest bar to get it.

DUMB, DUMB, DUMB

I just tried to order for my cruise in 2 weeks and was told the policy was changed, but they are getting numerous e-mails and to check back in 24 to 48 hours for a possible change.

A rep told you this?

Maybe it's all some sort of mind game? Maybe Carnival needs some fast cash, so they suddenly "stop" the BV liquor. Then they change their mind, but everyone panics and quickly makes a purchase just in case the policy changes again. Cash flow problem solved?

Just a thought.......

I'm working on my email too. This is my second cruise and I upgraded from an Oceanview to a Balcony. It would have been so nice to have a drink the cabin especially with a Balcony room.

I've been curious to try Royal Carribean but my friends have always convinced me that Carnival was best. Uhhh...it's starting to sound like a prison ship. I can't say I'll never cruise Carnival again but...why stay loyal? I could have respected them more if they stated they would "discontinue Bon Voyage liquor sales after "X" date". To suddenly drop it is just plain tacky. Their prices were already way over inflated to begin with. I like to drink a bit on "vacation" (key work "VACAT-ION"...NOT "prison sentence")...I don't want to get off the boat thinking I've been "parolled".

It seems like customers have "been rolling with the punches" on the latest restrictions...some have been more unhappy than others...others have just let things go. But...this is starting to get "insulting".

One big question...who is Mr Shae and John Herold?

Thanks.

Ok....so where is Mach, when we need him??? :confused: :eek:

Hey Mach.....what are the people you have contact with saying about all of this :o :confused:???

I got with John and a few other folks a Carnival about this at about 11 AM. He's already making inquiries.

I'll post on the sticky thread when I hear back from anyone at Carnival.

I'm working on my email too. This is my second cruise and I upgraded from an Oceanview to a Balcony. It would have been so nice to have a drink the cabin especially with a Balcony room.

I've been curious to try Royal Carribean but my friends have always convinced me that Carnival was best. Uhhh...it's starting to sound like a prison ship. I can't say I'll never cruise Carnival again but...why stay loyal? I could have respected them more if they stated they would "discontinue Bon Voyage liquor sales after "X" date". To suddenly drop it is just plain tacky. Their prices were already way over inflated to begin with. I like to drink a bit on "vacation" (key work "VACAT-ION"...NOT "prison sentence")...I don't want to get off the boat thinking I've been "parolled".

It seems like customers have "been rolling with the punches" on the latest restrictions...some have been more unhappy than others...others have just let things go. But...this is starting to get "insulting".

One big question...who is Mr Shae and John Herold?

Thanks.

Mr. Shea is apparently a VP in charge of food and beverage. John Heald is Carnival's Brand Ambassador and Senior Cruise Director and a personal friend.

This is just all the more reason for guests to continue to smuggle alcohol on the ship. :cool: I agree with several posters on here that we too want to be able to have a cocktail or two while sitting on our balcony watching the sunset without having to go upstairs and wait at the bar to get individual drinks. I was planning to purchase from BV but now, smuggling seems to be the only other option. Unless Carnival opens 100% of all luggage and searches everything, more people will get creative with their smuggling and get alcohol on the ship creating LESS profits for you.

As someone said before, thanks Carnival for taking some of the FUN out of your Funships. :mad:

In the future, I will go back to an all inclusive land resort where they actually provide and encourage you to have drinks in your room.;)

So happy that I made my order on Monday... Called just to confirm that it would be in my room and she said that yes it would be. Feeling really bad for the people that have to answer the phones in this department.. It's not their fault.. I asked her if she was being flooded with calls today?? She said YES!! She just had a lady that called her and hung up on her before she could explain. I told her about this site and that it was all over the boards and that there were alot of unhappy campers (cruisers) out here.

Mr. Shea is apparently a VP in charge of food and beverage. John Heald is Carnival's Brand Ambassador and Senior Cruise Director and a personal friend.

Awesome to have you on our team :D.

I'm getting a weird feeling that this whole thing got screwed up. For some reason I'm thinking the "Memo" passed to the department SHOULD have read something like "Due to liquor laws in some states deliveries from these ports will no longer be in the room when you arrive but will be delivered by the next day". But it sure sounds like somebody went crazy making this change all of a sudden.

No I don't of any "changes" but I found something on the Bon Voyage site relating to this. I really don't drink that much but I just feel shaken that my vacation is being "controlled". Just doesn't seem like much fun anymore.

I'm honestly starting to feel a bit slapped in the face for my loyalty. I've seen service decline on my last few cruises, live music like the jazz and classical groups taken away and replaced with smaller acts using recorded background music, other small items gone like the past guest pins and fruit punch plus hit or miss report of other items gone. Drink prices are up, and Carnival keeps issuing these crazy rulings like the luggage locking, banned electrical items, etc, then backpedaling on the policy when people complain.

Some say I am an optimist. What I hope is that Carnival is just trying to see what's important to us. They tried with the smaller things (past guest pins...) and the music. Many complained but not nearly the amount that complained with the powerstrips and hair dryers, so they gave those back. So now, instead of still being as angry, as we were with music and the little stuff, we are glad they listened to us about some creature comforts. We won one fight out of 3.

Now this nonsense with no BV...how hard will we push back? The response has to be even stronger than the powerstrip response or they will just rip the legs out from under us again. Next it will be something worse, which they will give back, making us gratefull, instead of still angry about this BV nonsense.

Or if we get this BV back, maybe more will use that instead of smuggling. People will be so happy to have the BV option again, that they will never smuggle. It's a scare tactic, they learned all they needed to from people on the various forums. All the people who said "if you don't stop smuggling you will lose the right to BV or bringing your 1 bottle of wine onboard". It's happening now.

Point is that we need to really let them know this nonsense with BV is just wrong. Fix it or we're done. Further more, we don't want to see any other changes for a couple years or we will be looking into other vacation options. They've toyed with us enough.

Archived