No More Bon Voyage Liqure

AZchieffan

One must assume that whomever placed orders before today are in the clear.. ;)

Very upset about this.. :(

I ordered Monday and my card was charged. You can be sure that you will hear from me if I get a cancellation e-mail or otherwise have problems getting my order.

One must assume that whomever placed orders before today are in the clear.. ;)

Very upset about this.. :(

When I booked a few weeks ago, my PVP even made a special point to tell me you could order liquor through BV in case I didn't know already.

OK....I was almost convinced before that the beards at Carnival were smoking something other than the legal stuff. Now I am 100% convinced. WHY in God's name would you stop this when you are making a zillion percent markup on the item you are doing away with?????? And they want us to not smuggle????? Yep, someone is smoking something that goes even beyond the wacky weed.

Wow, that's very upsetting. I hope they change it back like they did with the other things. I'm not a big drinker but was thinking of ordering a bottle of vodka or something to keep in the room.:mad:

OK....I was almost convinced before that the beards at Carnival were smoking something other than the legal stuff. Now I am 100% convinced. WHY in God's name would you stop this when you are making a zillion percent markup on the item you are doing away with?????? And they want us to not smuggle????? Yep, someone is smoking something that goes even beyond the wacky weed.

I think someone at Carnival is on a BIG powertrip!

I wouldn't say a zillion percent, more like 30-40% on many and some much more. But they still lose money considering what someone would spend for the same drinks at a bar, but then again they are making more than if someone smuggled. What a mess. I have liked the BV option and used it several times, might have to work on my 'Running' now.......Hope this is a temp thing and comes back or is reworked.

Well I am glad I purchased ours for our August cruise last week. Apparently I should have ordered some for our December one as well. At a 97% mark up they were certainly getting some profit off of me especially since I would still buy some DoDs and beer. I even purchase a soda card to mix with my BV liquor :(. Now I want to carry on my soda and some wine instead so they won't make a penny off me in bar sales. Boo Carnival!!! Boo!!!

Can someone advise me of the email address to which I can send a complaint? I don't want to be a smuggler and do contribute greatly to their bar sales even with purchasing liquor through BV. Why on earth would they do this?

I wouldn't say a zillion percent, more like 30-40% on many and some much more. But they still lose money considering what someone would spend for the same drinks at a bar, but then again they are making more than if someone smuggled. What a mess. I have liked the BV option and used it several times, might have to work on my 'Running' now.......Hope this is a temp thing and comes back or is reworked.

I would bet it is even higher than that...given the bulk that they buy in, I suspect they are getting a rate per bottle that would curl your hair! Add that, the mark up and someone is laughing all the way to the bank!! Well, someone WAS laughing all the way to the bank. Now they just need an NA meeting, me thinks.

Wondering if this has anything to do with the "moron" who emailed John Heald the CEO is it, of Carnival over the weekend. If you look on his blog, the poster mentioned that smuggling is alive and well on his cruise ships. He said that people will not give into the high drink prices. He posted a link to one of the threads here. John apparently read it and thanked the poster and said he was forwarding the information down to Miami..

This was this weekend and now they pull liquor from the BV department?? :rolleyes:

Because of them no longer selling "liqure" I will be stepping up my smuggling game. In my bags, stiched between layers, on my person, in my body cavities. Everywhere. This next cruise I was going to buy a lot from BV and not smuggle for a change, but I will not be cowed into buy overpriced drinks.

I bet you can't order whole bottles from room service now, either.

Yeah for Captain Morgan's ($55 through BV) when I compare the price to what we pay for a litre in my state, it's a 97-98% markup. Maybe less for other liquors. For us, we wouldn't buy them at a bar but just stick with soda and the occasional DoD or beer. They will lose $ on us with this policy for sure.

Because of them no longer selling "liqure" I will be stepping up my smuggling game. In my bags, stiched between layers, on my person, in my body cavities. Everywhere. This next cruise I was going to buy a lot from BV and not smuggle for a change, but I will not be cowed into buy overpriced drinks.

Nope...You can order them but they will only be delivered the last night.. :(

I am sick over this.. Me and DH were going to order like 4 bottles for our cruise in August..

I would bet it is even higher than that...given the bulk that they buy in, I suspect they are getting a rate per bottle that would curl your hair! Add that, the mark up and someone is laughing all the way to the bank!! Well, someone WAS laughing all the way to the bank. Now they just need an NA meeting, me thinks.

I figured out the markup on my last cruise was about 30%, but that was compared to what we pay in the northeast, and on Gin which is probably not very popular. I know that a bottle of Malibu was $55, I think locally its around $16, so ya a HUGE mark up on some. I'm with you, I don't get it.

I'm with you! I wasn't going to try to smuggle, but now I'm seriously considering it. Or if I don't, I'll just drink the free lemonade. Or are they going to start charging for that now too.:rolleyes:

Someone asked if there was an email contact that we could all complain to... anyone? I think we need a number of us complaining, not just Mach. My most recent sailings have been on NCL and we had the president's email which got a few policies reversed in a matter of hours.

Archived