Requesting a Hand Shower

Buddy604

my bil is disabled somewhat and brings his own shower massage and a wrench and changes this wherever he travels!:)
Has he done this on Princess? I ask because I too have no problem changing a shower head, but I do recall checking the facilities on a few princess ships and finding the shower heads were not the standard removable fixtures, but apparently need to be removed not at the shower head end of the pipe, but in the wall area which I believe requires other tools.

I am a Princess loyalist who tried NCL this past winter. I have to say one area they have Princess beat is the bathrooms. THere was a glass door with a very roomy shower. There was a handheld and shampoo and body wash dispensers. It was really a nice touch. Hopefully Princess will take this into account for the new builds.

I hope not. I hate "body wash"; just the words give me the ickies! I like a nice hard-milled soap. Plus I don't care for wall-mounted dispensers, which always seem to me like bacteria factories.

I am in a cranky mood tonight. . . .

I hope not. I hate "body wash"; just the words give me the ickies! I like a nice hard-milled soap. Plus I don't care for wall-mounted dispensers, which always seem to me like bacteria factories.

I am in a cranky mood tonight. . . .

Nothing to do with a cranky mood, I am not in one. lol

But I agree, I will not use bath products out of those wall mounted dispensers that some cruise lines use. I just don't like the idea of them being filled up and maybe used by 20 passengers and then just refilled again. Ekkk!

Nothing to do with a cranky mood, I am not in one. lol

But I agree, I will not use bath products out of those wall mounted dispensers that some cruise lines use. I just don't like the idea of them being filled up and maybe used by 20 passengers and then just refilled again. Ekkk!

Thank you; I'm glad I'm not alone. My workout mate thinks I'm beyond weird that I bring my own soap instead of using the stuff from the dispenser in the locker rooms. I'm gonna tell her you've got my back (figuratively speaking, of course).

Ok, so body wash gets the thumbs down (I use bar soap myself), but all of the other features in the NCL bathroom were a very nice touch!

Yep, eww to the body wash. Has nothing to do with the dispensers for me. I just can't seem to get a good lather worked up without using at least half a bottle or more!! But the glass doors and the hand-held shower head would be a dream come true!

Ok, so body wash gets the thumbs down (I use bar soap myself), but all of the other features in the NCL bathroom were a very nice touch!

You are SO right about the superior design of NCL's Jewel-class bathrooms. Their beds are better too. Now the food. . .not so much. :rolleyes:

Has he done this on Princess? I ask because I too have no problem changing a shower head, but I do recall checking the facilities on a few princess ships and finding the shower heads were not the standard removable fixtures, but apparently need to be removed not at the shower head end of the pipe, but in the wall area which I believe requires other tools.

No he has not,but all hotels and land vacations so far.Maybe someone else remembers if it is the same type of connection as regular showers?

Archived