So what's good on the room service menu?

NYGirl1002

Thanks for your replies. That looks like a pretty good menu.

I know.. sometimes we come back from a port around 2 - 3 pm hungry.. that's usually when we'd order room service.

However, I'm thinking the International Cafe might be the place to stop on the way up to the room. I hear the chicken salad is to die for.

Yeah, Im thinking the same thing, and THEN we can order room service!

Karen

Yeah, Im thinking the same thing, and THEN we can order room service!

Karen

Our last cruise we had a balcony on the Aloha deck almost directly before the HC. Each day DH and I took turns around 4ish running up and filling a plate full of cheese, crackers and assorted tasty tidbits to enjoy with a glass of wine on the balcony.

I scored one day when they had mini spareibs, shrimp, and assorted chinese type appy's. YUM

Our last cruise we had a balcony on the Aloha deck almost directly before the HC. Each day DH and I took turns around 4ish running up and filling a plate full of cheese, crackers and assorted tasty tidbits to enjoy with a glass of wine on the balcony.

I scored one day when they had mini spareibs, shrimp, and assorted chinese type appy's. YUM

That sounds like a great idea to me. Nosh on a bit, have a glass of wine and get ready for dinner.

We love the club sandwiches and usually get them once or twice every cruise. We have seen mixed results at times (some were loaded with bacon others not so much). They also use real turkey vs. turkey cold cuts. I also second the calls for the veggie sandwich.

If nothing interests you on the shortish room service menu, then grab something from the grill which you can bring back to your room.

We love the club sandwiches and usually get them once or twice every cruise. We have seen mixed results at times (some were loaded with bacon others not so much). They also use real turkey vs. turkey cold cuts. I also second the calls for the veggie sandwich.

Just ask for extra Bacon on the Club Sandwiches when you order them over the phone. I have done this before and always get more than enough Bacon on mine. Love those sandwiches!

If nothing interests you on the shortish room service menu, then grab something from the grill which you can bring back to your room.

Ohhh Good to know!!! I love Clubs but hate deli meats and I have seen Club sandwiches but never ordered them thinking they would be deli turkey......I am going to try one one late night after the shows and other nighttime entertainment and order the side of bacon just in case :D

I'm sure that I will find things for those off hours when I have not been over fed for an hour or two! And thanks also for the heads up about the tipping- that was more or less what I assumed. This will be most fun our first morning out when we really plan to sit and (blush) watch the TV since we assume we will be able to get "The Race" (also known as the Indy 500). With what we usually get to nosh on at home just this saving will drop the cost of our cruise! What fun to be able to pick up the phone and call up all manner of goodies while we watch them drive around and around and around...... This sounds like true self-indulgence.

Are you sure you are going to be able to watch the race??? Hate to put a "damper" on your big day...but not sure...based on past experience...that the race (or many major sporting events) will be available while at sea?? Have you checked with Princess about this? LuAnn

Thanks for your replies. That looks like a pretty good menu.

I know.. sometimes we come back from a port around 2 - 3 pm hungry.. that's usually when we'd order room service.

However, I'm thinking the International Cafe might be the place to stop on the way up to the room. I hear the chicken salad is to die for.

NYG - Yes the International Cafe is THE place to stop upon your return from port... The chicken salad is great as are the other selections (and of course cookies & pastries):D

We were on the Golden last summer and the kids and I would usually order a Croque Monsieur sandwich at night. YUM! I was surprised not to see it on the menu posted a few posts up. My ds also ordered the chicken cesar salad many times along with the chocolate cake. It is fun to order room service at night for a "bedtime snack". :D

We were on the Golden last summer and the kids and I would usually order a Croque Monsieur sandwich at night. YUM! I was surprised not to see it on the menu posted a few posts up. My ds also ordered the chicken cesar salad many times along with the chocolate cake. It is fun to order room service at night for a "bedtime snack". :D

Jennifer - it was there! Under the hot items. I have never ordered room service for anything other than breakfast. I know my cabin mate loves flan, so once I tell her I'm sure we wil be ordering at least a couple of times :D

[quote name='CruisinEars']We were on the Golden last summer and the kids and I would usually order a Croque Monsieur sandwich at night. YUM! I was surprised not to see it on the menu posted a few posts up. My ds also ordered the chicken cesar salad many times along with the chocolate cake. It is fun to order room service at night for a "bedtime snack". :D[/quote]

Yep, it's there at the top of page two. Delicious.:cool:

Mike:)

Archived