So what's good on the room service menu?

NYGirl1002

I actually enjoy ordering the breakfast. I know that the Princess breakfast is limited but I still enjoy it. I order some fruit, cereal, pastry and coffee. It's just so nice to have the breakfast delivered and sit out on the balcony to enjoy it.

Our favorite late night treat was to call room service as soon as we got back to the cabin late at night and order Flan and milk! You will be addicted. It is great!! Salads and sandwiches arevery good too. We ate on our balcony for breakfast & lunch as we made the Panama Canal transit and that was fun!

5waldos - I usually tip a couple of dollars or so for an order but if it is a large order or there are three or four in the cabin ordering I would tip accordingly. Some on these boards say they never tip for room service, which may be part of the reason why some lines started charging for pizza delivery to the cabins.

As a newbie to Princess- room delivery is free and you tip on delivery? Except sodas and alcoholic drinks, if they can be delivered. And what is the generally accepted tip?

Room service is free except for Pizza ($3 delivery charge to discourage waste), party platters and certain beverages.

The room service personnel are included in the "auto-tip" tipping pool, but many passengers like to give the delivery person a $ or two.

Thanks for your replies. That looks like a pretty good menu.

I know.. sometimes we come back from a port around 2 - 3 pm hungry.. that's usually when we'd order room service.

However, I'm thinking the International Cafe might be the place to stop on the way up to the room. I hear the chicken salad is to die for.

I'm sure that I will find things for those off hours when I have not been over fed for an hour or two! And thanks also for the heads up about the tipping- that was more or less what I assumed. This will be most fun our first morning out when we really plan to sit and (blush) watch the TV since we assume we will be able to get "The Race" (also known as the Indy 500). With what we usually get to nosh on at home just this saving will drop the cost of our cruise! What fun to be able to pick up the phone and call up all manner of goodies while we watch them drive around and around and around...... This sounds like true self-indulgence.

Just off the Diamond...they had really great Chili topped with cheese and green onions and served with tostito chips. More like a dip. Great with drinks in cabin or balcony. Soup of the day always seemed to be lentil soup which got old.

Chris

Archived