Ft. lauderdale transfer to pier

We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on Saturday on Grandeur. An airport transfer was not an option on our reservation so I am wondering how anyone would suggest we get to the pier from the airport. Taxi, limo service? I appreciate any advice you can offer. How far of a trip is it? How much should we expect to pay? Thank you

We are sailing out of Ft Lauderdale on Saturday on Grandeur. An airport transfer was not an option on our reservation so I am wondering how anyone would suggest we get to the pier from the airport. Taxi, limo service? I appreciate any advice you can offer. How far of a trip is it? How much should we expect to pay? Thank you

You didn't say which airport you'll be arriving into so I'm assuming it's FLL.. ( if it's MIA use http://www.ridesas.com).... The transfers would have been overpriced anyway..Take a Taxi from FLL-Port Everglades approx..10-15 min depending on traffic ..ask for the flat rate before you get in the taxi..should be about $12-15.00 for two people...Also when returning from your cruise do the taxi again..but remember the line for the taxi can get long, as much as an hour wait..so give yourself plenty of time so you won't feel rushed..We usually use the luggage valet $20.00pp so we don't have the hassel of dragging our luggage with us..Just put it outside your cabin the last night and you won't see it again till you arrive at your home airport...Enjoy !!!

Thank you. Yes, it's FLL. Where can I find more information about the luggage valet?

They will give it to you on the ship during the cruise. we sailed on Solstice last week and 4 of us took a taxi to the pier for $15. Took a van back for $8 pp. Celebrity transfers were $14 pp.

Thank you. Yes, it's FLL. Where can I find more information about the luggage valet?

Go onto RCI website... customer support..you will be able to find out answers to the luggage valet program...Remember you must request this service during the middle of your cruise..so keep an eye out for the notice...Also this will include them printing out your return flight boarding passes too..which will be left in your cabin on the last night..Just a note..you will be required to be in one of the first groups off the ship to participate. ( all the info and tags you need will be provided to you )...All the better to avoid the long taxi lines..This is one of the best features offered upon departure and we always use it when it's available...Enjoy your cruise !!!!

Deparatues from Fort Lauderdale are great because of the ease of taxi transportation to the pier. If you are lucky, you will see you cruise ship when landing and understand just how close you are.

We usually use a porter at the pier when we disembark he gets us through customs quicky & hails us a taxi within minutes. Taxis are the way to go in FLL. We made the mistake once of using their transfers & had to wait until the bus was completely full before it would head to the airport a lot of wasted time.

We usually use a porter at the pier when we disembark he gets us through customs quicky & hails us a taxi within minutes. Taxis are the way to go in FLL. We made the mistake once of using their transfers & had to wait until the bus was completely full before it would head to the airport a lot of wasted time.

Are taxi's plentiful if you self-disembark at 6:15 a.m. or should I arrange something in advance? They'll be 4 of us, plus luggage.

Thanks ..

We have used the luggage valet service several times before and loved it, but I noticed that on the RCCL website Port Everglades is not listed as a port where it is available. Does anyone know if luggage valet is offered off of Oasis? Also does it include both FLL and MIA airports; and if so, what is the earliest your flight can be at both airports in order to qualify for luggage valet. For example, on our recent Radiance cruise your flight out of San Diego had to be after 12 noon to qualify. Thanks for any information.

Are taxi's plentiful if you self-disembark at 6:15 a.m. or should I arrange something in advance? They'll be 4 of us, plus luggage.

Thanks ..

There will be Taxis there ...they know when the ships arrive and this is a busy day for them...

We have used the luggage valet service several times before and loved it, but I noticed that on the RCCL website Port Everglades is not listed as a port where it is available. Does anyone know if luggage valet is offered off of Oasis? Also does it include both FLL and MIA airports; and if so, what is the earliest your flight can be at both airports in order to qualify for luggage valet. For example, on our recent Radiance cruise your flight out of San Diego had to be after 12 noon to qualify. Thanks for any information.

Luggage valet is available in Port Everglades to FLL..we just used it and it's also available to MIA....We also use the luggage valet whenever it's available..Enjoy your cruise !!

Archived