iphone/itouch apps

Does anyone know of some good apps for the trip that would be handy for a week in London or the baltic ports......a Public transport guide would be great? Suggestions?

You can get a Metro map for London that's really helpful, but to be honest, the little paper guides they have in the station are easier to read. Just be careful to have your data roaming turned off and your phone in airplane mode. Don't update anything unless you can use wifi.

Hi Mardonna,

I've got iTrans Tube, NileGuide What's Next (you can pick an choose content for several cities), TripDeck (loads all your itineraries, notes, activities, etc into one deck), ACTCurrency, ATM Hunter and I have a restroom finder that I think is called Sit or Squat (it's in the "garage" until our trip). I also have City Slicker London, which has lots of walks & video/audio.

A lot of these will give you the option to download content to the phone, so it's accessible in airplane mode.

I'm with you, I'd rather have it all at my fingertips.

Julie

Don't have iphone....just itouch.....so no roaming option

Another handy app is a currency convertor. I use CurCon. It won't be exactly the rate you'll get in stores, but it's a very convenient tool.

I have Frommer's Travel Tools which includes a money converter, time translater, tip calculater for various countries, and several other apps built in. I also have Frommer's London. There are many currency converters available. I've set the built in Clock app to have the time for every port we'll be traveling to. Same for the Weather app.

Archived