OMG... Early Saver! How OBSESSED do you become???

WooHoo...I just checked the prices and got my first $10 drop in my cabin rate( I guess that is $20 for both of us)...I kept reading all of ya'lls drops and thought mine never goes down...and went to check again tonight and VIOLA...it isn't much, but hey $10 is $10...now I just hope I did the form right...LOL

I wasn't aware of the early saver price drop savings until this thread - so thanks! Question - I booked through a travel agent, and our fare was/is $32pp less through the TA than Carnival's price. So to get any OBC, I have to see if the Carnival fare goes below the fare the TA gave me - correct? (I'm thinking this is unlikely, as we booked a 3 night bahamas, so I don't think the fare will fluctuate THAT much.)

This is the 6th cruise I've booked, and I have never, ever seen a cruise line beat a TA price - ever. Why do people book directly with Carnival? Just curious.

Also - how do I see the "different" fares on the Carnival website? (specifically, past guest - as we're under 55). I'm checking daily on http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/Default.aspx?src=ms, and when I select our cruise and select oceanview, it shows two options - Fun Select and Fun Saver. If past guest, or over 55, were available, would they show up there?? Am I looking in the wrong place?

Thanks!

Our cruise is July 12th. Just checked for price drops and it says "there are no more cabins in that category" (balcony).

So, does that mean to say it's pointless to even bother checking for price drops now?

Our cruise is July 12th. Just checked for price drops and it says "there are no more cabins in that category" (balcony).

So, does that mean to say it's pointless to even bother checking for price drops now?

Keep checking... someone may cancel, and a cabin in your category could become available for a short period of time, and since Carnival "sails full" they may offer it at a reduced price, so definitely KEEP CHECKING, and good luck.

On my last roll, someone had a 9C, and one showed up for 3 or 4 hours just before it sold out, about 8 days before the cruise sailed ... and she grabbed it and sent in the form with her screen shot to back up the brief window it appeared... and dissapeared. $120 toward drinks.

I saw a $20 drop on our Nov 2010 cruise out of New Orleans and I filled out the price drop form on Carnival's website. However, I was a little confused about what they wanted me to provide. Like one of the questions was something like "Where did you see the fare? duh.....your website? I wasn't really sure what to answer. Any advice?

I saw a $20 drop on our Nov 2010 cruise out of New Orleans and I filled out the price drop form on Carnival's website. However, I was a little confused about what they wanted me to provide. Like one of the questions was something like "Where did you see the fare? duh.....your website? I wasn't really sure what to answer. Any advice?

I always put carnival website for that question then they ask one which website and I put carnival.com

Yea, our catagory is also almost filled.. 2 more cabins left I think.. Fire, if it does sell out how can I get OBC? Maybe an upgrade?

If your category is sold out you can't get OBC since you have nothing to compare it to but you can get an upgrade if a higher category is lower than your ES rate.

Our upcoming cove balcony was sold out a couple of weeks ago but then on the weekend two cabins showed up, now there is just one.

Keep on looking right up to two days prior to sail date.

how do I see the "different" fares on the Carnival website? (specifically, past guest - as we're under 55). I'm checking daily on http://www.carnival.com/CMS/Search2/Default.aspx?src=ms, and when I select our cruise and select oceanview, it shows two options - Fun Select and Fun Saver. If past guest, or over 55, were available, would they show up there?? Am I looking in the wrong place?

HI again - just hoping someone can answer my question above. Thanks!

HI again - just hoping someone can answer my question above. Thanks!

Instead of clicking on "Find a cruise" just waive your mouse over it so the drop down box shows up... Chose that way.. There is a box there that says "Special rates" that shows over 55 and past guest..

If your category is sold out you can't get OBC since you have nothing to compare it to but you can get an upgrade if a higher category is lower than your ES rate.

I have to take the upgrade? They can not give me the diff in OBC? :(

I have to take the upgrade? They can not give me the diff in OBC? :(

yes, you cant compare to a different category. You can only compare your category price to the same category for the same number of people.

There is a thread from yesterday where a guy with 9 people in his party is in a 4F? and there is a cheaper 4J (one left) and he wants to price match with the price, even though his category is sold out and Carnival wouldnt budge ..they have 9 people so cant all upgrade to the one 4J left of course, and probably want to keep their cabins together (and the 4J only holds 2 people).

its the thread titled very frustrated with Carnival. he isnt happy he cant price match since 4J is a higher category than his.

Archived