Thermal Suites and Hydrotherapy Pool Sold Out!

tcv cruiser

I hope there is one available for our upcoming Alaska cruise. This is right up my alley!:)

Tracie, I can let you know. We plan on using it on our Rott cruise on 6/19 !! I just wish they had a BIG thelassotherapy pool... but it is soooo relaxing laying on those heated loungers wrapped in towels looking out at the sea go by! My favorite time is back from shore excursions while everyone else has early dinner...

Tracie, I can let you know. We plan on using it on our Rott cruise on 6/19 !! I just wish they had a BIG thelassotherapy pool... but it is soooo relaxing laying on those heated loungers wrapped in towels looking out at the sea go by! My favorite time is back from shore excursions while everyone else has early dinner...

Too bad our travel time is 3 weeks apart. I think you and I could have a fine time sitting on those heated loungers!:rolleyes:

I will look forward to your report!:)

• 2 weeks later...

Can you purchase the single day passes for the hydrotherapy pool in advance? Or at least upon embarkation get them if you want for 2 or 3 days? Or can you only purchase them on the day itself? Also, do they frequently sell out of day passes?

Can you purchase the single day passes for the hydrotherapy pool in advance? Or at least upon embarkation get them if you want for 2 or 3 days? Or can you only purchase them on the day itself? Also, do they frequently sell out of day passes?

The policy is that day passes are only sold if there is any space remaining after cruise-long passes are sold. There's supposed to be a limited number available, in order to prevent overcrowding in the spa.

So, no, the day passes can't be ordered in advance. I don't' know how soon after embarkation they're opened up for sale. They push the spa tours that day, and are trying to sell for the longer term first.

I have purchased a weekly pass on both our cruises on embarkation day. Alaska was far more crowded than Carib cruise but since Mr. Fatcat wants no part of all that "stuff" I was a single and there was generally always an open lounger.:)

:( Have been told the thermal pool on the Rotterdam is quite small (only for 2 or 4 people) so sounds like it could be very crowded. Why would HAL have such a small pool on this ship compared to their others ??

Guess we will just have to wait and decided once on board.

I have purchased a weekly pass on both our cruises on embarkation day. Alaska was far more crowded than Carib cruise but since Mr. Fatcat wants no part of all that "stuff" I was a single and there was generally always an open lounger.:)

As I was reading this thread I just had to say hello to a fellow Nashvillian!!! I am from Music City as well....and we are going on the Westerdam next spring...love to hear about your cruise when you get back. Your DH sounds like mine...you can keep the hydro stuff....as he puts it. I very much enjoyed it all week in Alaska and much more crowded than the caribbean. I got my pass on embarkation day and they said they were almost sold out of weekly passes and I believe it based on the crowd all week. I do love that pool and the heated loungers are the best.

As I was reading this thread I just had to say hello to a fellow Nashvillian!!! I am from Music City as well....and we are going on the Westerdam next spring...love to hear about your cruise when you get back. Your DH sounds like mine...you can keep the hydro stuff....as he puts it. I very much enjoyed it all week in Alaska and much more crowded than the caribbean. I got my pass on embarkation day and they said they were almost sold out of weekly passes and I believe it based on the crowd all week. I do love that pool and the heated loungers are the best.

Out of curiosity, how crowded is "crowded"? I've heard stories of people lying around on the loungers in the thermal suites, eating lunch!! If it is really crowded it won't be very relaxing and we don't want to waste our money. We leave for Alaska day after tomorrow and we are still undecided. I really, really want to get the week long pass for the Thermal Suites and Hydrotherapy pool but fear we will be wasting our money. Does anyone have any thoughts?

Out of curiosity, how crowded is "crowded"? I've heard stories of people lying around on the loungers in the thermal suites, eating lunch!! If it is really crowded it won't be very relaxing and we don't want to waste our money. We leave for Alaska day after tomorrow and we are still undecided. I really, really want to get the week long pass for the Thermal Suites and Hydrotherapy pool but fear we will be wasting our money. Does anyone have any thoughts?

EATING LUNCH AT THE THERMAL SUITE??? NO, NO:eek: You should be able to purchase the thermal suite pass for the duration of your cruise if you go straight there when you board. I have found that they are never REALLY sold out. As for eating there, I would report that right away to the spa manager and he/she would take care of it. Hope you have a great cruise!:)

Well... hello there!! Good to see another down home gal. Yep, I love love love the thermal suite. I have been sorely tempted to fall asleep in there but having been the witness of this on our Alaska cruise.. well, it was not pretty. LOL! :p

Speaking of life in Nashville, hope you and yours weren't flooded out. We were lucky to live on a hill and only had minor basement flooding.

I will let you know how the Westy is after our Turkey Day cruise. She is a lovely lady with a spectacular crew. Hope to see some of the same folks from our cruise last year. :D

Eating lunch!!?? :eek: ICKY!!!! Worst problem I have had was two elderly ladies shooting the breeze for 30 solid minutes, without taking a breath. It was a wonder of nature and really beyond rude. I took a dip in the pool while they gabbed and when I got back, they were thankfully packing up and still going ninety miles an hour. :rolleyes:

I understand they want to sell the weekly passes, but if I want a daily (say for day number 3 or 4) should I "pre buy" my pass on day two or will they only sell me a daily pass on the day I want to use it? In Alaska there is one day I am opting not to go onshore with the family and instead would prefer to chill in the loungers.

Is there a strategy to this?

Archived