Galveston Schedules late 2011

They would have to quadruple the CBP (Customs and Border Protection) staffing in Corpus to be able to handle a cruise ship, that can take years........Also, as for Houston/Galveston, they would most likely need a lot more officers to be able to handle 5 ships if they were looking to have that many home-ported here, also something that would take at least a year or two (something that most people don't take into consideration). They would probably have to double the CBP staff that is permenently assigned to Galveston, because right now, they mostly have Houston based officers travel down to Galveston to handle the cruise ships when they come in, which is doable because half the year, there are only 2 ships, and the other half of the year, there are 3.

I think you missed that everyone has said 5 ships is a very long range plan. No one is thinking this would happen within a couple of years. We all know it would take a long time to open Corpus ...which probably wouldn't happen until they start using Houston imo. I'd say more like a 20 year plan.

Steve Cassell who has said that Carnival is planning on 5 ships eventually, is a CD on Ecstasy and very very smart I'm told, a computer guru. I think he has been with Carnival for either 23 or 24 years now.. so he could very easily have inside information. ... again, he used the word EVENTUALLY.

The man I heard bragging on Steve is the only CD who has been with Carnival longer than Steve, 28 years. Lenny is now subbing from ship to ship to cover CD vacations. You may think you know more about Carnival's long term plans than these men who are long term CDs, but maybe not?

Here's a New Shuffle for you--- Conquest to NOLA/ Magic to Bayport/ Trimuph to Galveston / Ecstasy to Corpus Christi.. How wild would that be???

I would be so very happy to see the Ecstasy down here in CC..lots of townhall meetings and talk lately from a lot of officials that are taking the proposals to the cruise companies and I for one think it may happen down the road.....I hope...hope...hope:D

:D

I don't think the Ecstasy can sail up or down the Nueces River between the Gulf and Corpus! - Wee bit of a tight fit there! (I know, the port would have to be at Port Aransas or nearby).

OOPs...saw yoursecond post...Never mind

Regardless, however long it takes, I would love to see more ships and cruiselines out here. Competition would hopefully bring the prices down, and I would like to cruise at least once a year, and not on the same ships over and over, and not the same old itineraries. I don't know if I could handle doing the same old stops in the Western Caribbean (Cozumel, Grand Cayman, and Jamaica) again. I would love to go to Roatan and Belize again, or maybe a few new places altogether. I've only been here in Houston for a year and a half, and have cruised out of Galveston once. It was SO nice not to have to fly somewhere to catch a ship, and as long as the Houston area has the goods, I have no desire to look elsewhere, unless I am going to Hawaii or Alaska.

Once Carnival makes their announcement, I will probably jump on it and book the Magic. As lovely as the Conquest is, I want to sail on a different ship, and I would rather go on Carnival than RCCL.

I would love to go to Roatan and Belize again, or maybe a few new places altogether. I've only been here in Houston for a year and a half

As lovely as the Conquest is, I want to sail on a different ship, and I would rather go on Carnival than RCCL.

RCL goes to those ports out of Galveston. I have them booked on Mariner of the Seas again.

... or I drove to New Orleans, which really isnt that far of a drive from Texas ya know?? Triumph goes to Belize and Roatan for Carnival.

RCL goes to those ports out of Galveston. I have them booked on Mariner of the Seas again.

... or I drove to New Orleans, which really isnt that far of a drive from Texas ya know?? Triumph goes to Belize and Roatan for Carnival.

I don't understand why the Triumph goes to Belize and Roatan but the Conquest doesn't???

I don't understand why the Triumph goes to Belize and Roatan but the Conquest doesn't???

None of us understand why either. People are so tired of the same ole ports on Conquest, or the fake eastern (key west, nassau and freeport) which isnt very exciting. They would love to go to roatan or belize, but Im guessing those ports cant handle another ship (roatan especially, since belize is a tender, it probably isnt as limited to one ship docking)? They know Galveston is a captive audience, and we will do whatever they give us.

I would be willing to drive to New Orleans for the Roatan/Belize itinerary, but wish they had a newer ship. I really would prefer to stick with Carnival, but may have to jump over to RCCL for the itinerary, who knows, we might end up really liking RCCL, I'm open minded. The only cruiseline I am weary about trying is HAL because I am 35.

I would be willing to drive to New Orleans for the Roatan/Belize itinerary, but wish they had a newer ship. I really would prefer to stick with Carnival, but may have to jump over to RCCL for the itinerary, who knows, we might end up really liking RCCL, I'm open minded. The only cruiseline I am weary about trying is HAL because I am 35.

I am a huge fan of the Conquest, but I have to tell you, after two Triumph cruises already this year, I am also a Triumph fan now. I'm looking to book 2 more Triumph cruises this fall! The ship might be a little older than some, but it is in excellent condition. If I did not know her age, I would think she was much newer than she is. I actually like her decor better than Conquest's. Give her a try! :)

I am a huge fan of the Conquest, but I have to tell you, after two Triumph cruises already this year, I am also a Triumph fan now. I'm looking to book 2 more Triumph cruises this fall! The ship might be a little older than some, but it is in excellent condition. If I did not know her age, I would think she was much newer than she is. I actually like her decor better than Conquest's. Give her a try! :)

She debuted in 1999. So 11 years old.

She debuted in 1999. So 11 years old.

lol Im betting she knows that. She was just saying she did not show her age. ... a lady never tells her age, don't you know that. ... got to cruise with Grits on the 7 day exotic on Triumph earlier in the month :D Hi ya Grits. She had the lovely 9C.

lol Im betting she knows that. She was just saying she did not show her age. ... a lady never tells her age, don't you know that. ... got to cruise with Grits on the 7 day exotic on Triumph earlier in the month :D Hi ya Grits. She had the lovely 9C.

Oops. I read it wrong.

5 ships? Wow...seems like overkill. Even if they add a Fantasy-class in Corpus, that would still mean 4 for the Galveston/Houston area...and I'm not sure they'd want to tie up so many resources in that area. There are only so many places that you can sail to from Galveston/Houston in the 4-7 day time period, and weekly 10 day cruises are best from MIA/FLL. All they need is a large ship for 4/5 day, and a large ship for 7 day. Why would they have ships in both Houston and Galveston? Sort of overlapping markets there wouldn't you say? I;ll believe this one when I see it. :)

What you don't understand is that Galveston not only pulls in Teaxs

but Arkansas , Ok, KS, NM ,CO ect , It is easier for us in Little Rock

to drive to Galveston at 65 to 75 mph in 8 hrs Than to NOLA

due to roads in LA (2 lane)

I wonder if they are losing business because they have not released their schedule. On my first cruise booking I'm not sure I would have been patient enough to wait if I knew when I wanted to go.

Just curious!

I don't care what they do just TELL US ALREADY!!!!! Plans to be made, lol!!

Carnival could very well be waiting a few more weeks in order to get a better idea about the long-term outlook for the oil spill in the Gulf. Right now some of the long-range predictions show the spill moving westward towards the Texas coast as the Loop Current changes shape over the next couple of months. If the bulk of the heavy oil gets caught in one of the counterclockwise eddies it could very well threaten Galveston/Houston by late this summer.

Carnival could very well be waiting a few more weeks in order to get a better idea about the long-term outlook for the oil spill in the Gulf. Right now some of the long-range predictions show the spill moving westward towards the Texas coast as the Loop Current changes shape over the next couple of months. If the bulk of the heavy oil gets caught in one of the counterclockwise eddies it could very well threaten Galveston/Houston by late this summer.

We're not talking about THIS fall, as Carnival already has sailings posted for that time period. We're talking over a year from now. Other port and ship itineraries are posted for fall 2011. RCI has posted that (NEW!) Mariner will be sailing from Galveston and Voyager will be sailing from NOLA. Carnival has no ships posted for these ports for this time. If they don't decide, they may lose some passengers to RCI, since that seems to be the only cruise line sailing from TX and LA in that time period.

We're not talking about THIS fall, as Carnival already has sailings posted for that time period. We're talking over a year from now. Other port and ship itineraries are posted for fall 2011. RCI has posted that (NEW!) Mariner will be sailing from Galveston and Voyager will be sailing from NOLA. Carnival has no ships posted for these ports for this time. If they don't decide, they may lose some passengers to RCI, since that seems to be the only cruise line sailing from TX and LA in that time period.

I understand that you're waiting for Fall 2011 Galveston schedule and the oil spill is happening now, but keep in mind that any area where the bulk of the heavy oil (that's currently offshore) ends up going ashore will be greatly impacted for years to come. Carnival has already released Fall/Winter 2011/2012 schedules for departure ports that are not in the Gulf of Mexico, so the only logical reason I can think of for delaying ship deployment announcements and schedules for Gulf ports is the long-term concern for the oil spill affecting these ports. Perhaps if BP is successful with today's LMRP attempt Carnival will feel more comfortable finalizing the Fall 2011 schedules and ship deployments for the Gulf region by the end of this week.

I understand that you're waiting for Fall 2011 Galveston schedule and the oil spill is happening now, but keep in mind that any area where the bulk of the heavy oil (that's currently offshore) ends up going ashore will be greatly impacted for years to come. Carnival has already released Fall/Winter 2011/2012 schedules for departure ports that are not in the Gulf of Mexico, so the only logical reason I can think of for delaying ship deployment announcements and schedules for Gulf ports is the long-term concern for the oil spill affecting these ports. Perhaps if BP is successful with today's LMRP attempt Carnival will feel more comfortable finalizing the Fall 2011 schedules and ship deployments for the Gulf region by the end of this week.

There are still two ships that haven't been released that are not homeported in the gulf coast. The Spirit and the Pride.

I agree - we initally wanted to look at the Spirit from Hawaii but am now looking at a mix of a B2B equivalant from Miami as thats all we can plan for and our trip has other dates which we want to get arranged :o

Hurry up Carnival we need these dates now!!! :p

Archived