Galveston Schedules late 2011

Speculation is that Carnival is still waiting to decide where some ships will be moving to before publishing future schedules. Lots of rumors but little to no facts.

True... but I get more positive words about the Carnival Magic almost daily...

:)

True... but I get more positive words about the Carnival Magic almost daily...

Mach -

Do you think that Magic will just take over Conquest's current itineraries? Or do you think we will have some new stops to look forward to? I wish we could sail to Belize or Roatan from Galveston.

Mach -

Do you think that Magic will just take over Conquest's current itineraries? Or do you think we will have some new stops to look forward to? I wish we could sail to Belize or Roatan from Galveston.

Just based on a year's worth of conversations with folks at Carnival I'd say additional...

I'd also expect the Conquest to stay put and that the Magic may well sail from Bayport...

Just based on a year's worth of conversations with folks at Carnival I'd say additional...

I'd also expect the Conquest to stay put and that the Magic may well sail from Bayport...

But will we be able to order booze from BV on the Magic in Bayport:confused:

I think you are spot on...heard some of them rumors myself lately

But will we be able to order booze from BV on the Magic in Bayport:confused:

I think you are spot on...heard some of them rumors myself lately

Ya' know, given an expanded parking lot and a few extra facilities Bayport would be a fine facility. It's just WAY underdeveloped and for good reason... no cruise ship.

Ya' know, given an expanded parking lot and a few extra facilities Bayport would be a fine facility. It's just WAY underdeveloped and for good reason... no cruise ship.

Are there places to stay near there?

We are wanting to book another cruise but having to wait and see what they will do. Bayport is closer to my home and with different itinerary may be more suitable to us!!!!

I'm a believer. I believe Carnival will be adding a ship and she will be sailing out of the Bayport terminal.

I don't think a city (Houston) woud build a brand new facility in the hopes of attracting something; would be like San Antonio building the Alamodome in hopes of attracting an NFL team...oh wait :eek:.

Seriously, just look at the simple facts. Carnival has 2 new ships coming out and they have to homeport out of some U.S. port, which will cause the dominoes to fall. Bayport cruise terminal is brand new and as Mach said, with some improvement (increased parking), Bayport will be an excellent cruise terminal facility.

Bayport is closer than Galveston to 2 major airports, especially Hobby. With Texans representing a HUGE % of cruise pax for Carnival, and the very + track record of Conquest & Ecstasy out of Galveston, Bayport is a "no-brainer" for Carnival.

As far as amenities & hotels near Bayport; Galveston definitely has the edge with the historic Strand & beach, however, as previous poster points out, Bayport has Space Center Houston (NASA JSC) and just to the south of Bayport (a mile or two), there is Kemah Boardwalk which has the Boardwalk hotel. Clear Lake also has hotels (Hilton, etc), not to mention the many hotels near Hobby Airport on the Gulf Freeway, which makes for easy access to Clear Lake, Galveston or Houston. And once a cruise ship comes in, it has a "ripple effect" and spurs further development (new hotels, restaurant, bars, etc).

You know Tillman Fertitta (founder of Kemah Boardwalk) would love Bayport to get a cruiseship homeported there and would expand Kemah Boardwalk (another hotel, etc).

Anyway, just my 2 cents :cool:. My prediction; expect Carnival to homeport a ship in Bayport (whether it is the Magic or another one) and us Texans, Oklahomans and Cajuns will have MANY more options out of Houston/Galveston :D. I'd ike to see a TRUE Eastern itinerary that goes to HMC, St Thomas USVI, etc and not just Bahamas.

Marty

That would be so cool! I love the Conquest, but I am getting a little tired of the itinerary. Hope the new ship will sail further east also. Any idea when we will hear? I like to book way in advance so I can get where I want.

That would be so cool! I love the Conquest, but I am getting a little tired of the itinerary. Hope the new ship will sail further east also. Any idea when we will hear? I like to book way in advance so I can get where I want.

They said we should know by the end of this month.

Just heard that the Conquest will move to New Orleans in the Fall of 2011, and something "big " is going to Galveston. My speculation is either the Carnival Dream, or Carnival Magic. Also there probably going to move another larger ship to replace the Ectasy.

Just heard that the Conquest will move to New Orleans in the Fall of 2011, and something "big " is going to Galveston. My speculation is either the Carnival Dream, or Carnival Magic. Also there probably going to move another larger ship to replace the Ectasy.

The Carnival Dream wouldn't be going to Galveston. It would be the Carnival Magic.

There will be some screaming from me if they take away Ecstasy.

Are there places to stay near there?

My house!!!:D I live 10 minutes from there! Plus my town has 5 motels (LaQuinta, Candlewood, Best Western, etc.). And I too will be screaming if they take away Ecstasy! I love that ship!

Archived