Galveston Schedules late 2011

Interline/Dynamic Travel sent me an email, confirming that the folks at Carnival were going to move the Conquest to New Orleans. But they were sworn to secrecy as to the changes, but said it would be bigger and better, and who knows maybe an additional ship. That's all I know:)

Mach -

Do you think that Magic will just take over Conquest's current itineraries? Or do you think we will have some new stops to look forward to? I wish we could sail to Belize or Roatan from Galveston.

Me 2.

Interline/Dynamic Travel sent me an email, confirming that the folks at Carnival were going to move the Conquest to New Orleans. But they were sworn to secrecy as to the changes, but said it would be bigger and better, and who knows maybe an additional ship. That's all I know:)

If Conquest goes to NOLA, I'd expect the Ecstasy to join her, and the Triumph would go to Galveston from NOLA to join the Magic. That would be a win/win for both ports.

If Conquest goes to NOLA, I'd expect the Ecstasy to join her, and the Triumph would go to Galveston from NOLA to join the Magic. That would be a win/win for both ports.

That would be a huge loss for us if they took away the Ecstasy.

I would be very pleased if they put the Magic in Bayport. I have been on Conquest and Ecstasy, so a new ship would be nice. Also, it would be great if they were able to do a new itinerary.

I'll keep my fingers crossed that they announce it soon!

That would be a huge loss for us if they took away the Ecstasy.

I don't see them having three ships in Galveston, and I don't see both the Triumph AND Conquest in NOLA. That might be too much capacity for the market, especially since NCL is going year-round in 2011. Magic and Triumph in Galveston would be a nice capacity increase and would probably be more beneficial for the large Houston-area market. But it's all a guess. I'm just glad more non-Florida ports are getting some love lol.

The Texas market has been a strong market for Carnival. I'd like to see them mix up the itineraries a little. Maybe even do a 9 day-5 day, or 8 day-6 day rotation. Someone mentioned NCL going back to Houston. I know they abandoned that a few years back, and I'm aware of their plans to move the NCL Star to Tampa, but didn't hear about Houston. I did get the chance to use the new Bayport facility in La Porte on the Conquest after the hurricaine shut down Galveston, and it seemed like a nice facility.

The Bayport Facility in LaPorte is like 15 mins from my house. How nice would that be....

It would take me 3 hours to get to North Houston (Conroe area) and another 3 hours just to get through Houston traffic!

Ok, putting aside the stab at their traffic - I'm game for anything that is closer with a good itinerary.

It would take me 3 hours to get to North Houston (Conroe area) and another 3 hours just to get through Houston traffic!

Ok, putting aside the stab at their traffic - I'm game for anything that is closer with a good itinerary.

Save yourself a hour. Get off I-45 at 105. Take 105 to Hwy321 and 321 to Hwy 146 straight to Galveston or Bayport. Should save you at least 1 to 1.5. You'll get a few signal lights but most of the drive will be 65 mph. Plus you'll avoid Houston Traffic.

Unless it was rush hour or construction I would still use I-45.

Save yourself a hour. Get off I-45 at 105. Take 105 to Hwy321 and 321 to Hwy 146 straight to Galveston or Bayport. Should save you at least 1 to 1.5. You'll get a few signal lights but most of the drive will be 65 mph. Plus you'll avoid Houston Traffic.

Unless it was rush hour or construction I would still use I-45.

I agree or take the beltway to I-10 - decker drive in baytown and then over Fred Hartman bridge on hwy 146 and you are there in bayport and in galveston about 30-40 mins. I-45 is a nightmare to drive with its traffic.

The Texas market has been a strong market for Carnival. I'd like to see them mix up the itineraries a little. Maybe even do a 9 day-5 day, or 8 day-6 day rotation. Someone mentioned NCL going back to Houston. I know they abandoned that a few years back, and I'm aware of their plans to move the NCL Star to Tampa, but didn't hear about Houston. I did get the chance to use the new Bayport facility in La Porte on the Conquest after the hurricaine shut down Galveston, and it seemed like a nice facility.

If you were referring to my post, I was talking about NOLA...NCL Spirit is going to be year-round from NOLA as of 2011. I've heard that NCL won't be going back to Houston. Not sure about Galveston. Maybe when they get some new ships, who knows.

There will be some screaming from me if they take away Ecstasy.

I'm torn on this. While I love the Ecstasy, and would be extremely sad to see her go, the potential for 2 new ships is VERY appealing. We've been just about everywhere in the Caribbean at this point, so we're really cruising for the ships, not the itinerary. It would be nice to accomplish this without the hassle of airfare!

We love the Bayport Terminal. We sailed out of there on the Conquest right after Hurricane Ike hit Galveston. It's a wonderful port and the parking is right across the street. So easy to get to, also. I would love to sail out of there again.

I do hope there will be some new itineraries out of Galveston if/when a new ship arrives. We've sailed all the present itineraries at least 3-4 times including Belize (on the Elation years ago).

Maybe they can run a 7 day cruise on Saturday, another 7 day cruise ship on Sunday, and save the Ectasy for the short 4 day 5 day cruises on other days! I say the Carnival Magic for 7 days, the Triumph for 7 days, and keep the Ectasy for the 4 and 5 day cruises!

I'm so excited to hear this and waiting anxiously to hear the news! We need more ships and new itineraries and adding an additional port would be great too:D (from an Okie point of view). We love the easy drive down to Galveston and would welcome the Bayport Terminal. We love the Conquest but after 3 times on her, being able to cruise on a different ship would be great.

Mach, please let us know something the minute you find out!:D

Thanks!

Maybe they can run a 7 day cruise on Saturday, another 7 day cruise ship on Sunday, and save the Ectasy for the short 4 day 5 day cruises on other days! I say the Carnival Magic for 7 days, the Triumph for 7 days, and keep the Ectasy for the 4 and 5 day cruises!

They would have to move Ecstasy's cruises to do this ... could be done, but Ecstasy 4/5/5 day cruises, one leaves on Saturday on a regular basis.

... if they would only just tell us.

Yes, I remember the Houston traffic so well when we sailed from Galveston and had hurricane evacuation traffic to deal with. :eek:

(Gustav)

I would love to see the Bayport Terminal being used. It would be so convenient for folks flying in not to have to take the long transport down to Galveston.

Archived