Are most schools back in session at the end of Aug?

September 1 for us in Illinois

I live in the Chicago suburbs. We start school the third week of August. The district just north of the one I used to teach in begins the first week of August. Chicago starts after Labor Day because no one was showing up when they tried to begin in mid-August. Hope that help.s

I live in the Chicago suburbs. We start school the third week of August. The district just north of the one I used to teach in begins the first week of August. Chicago starts after Labor Day because no one was showing up when they tried to begin in mid-August. Hope that help.s

Kinda like in Texas the week of Thanksgiving. Classrooms full of empty so they started have "teacher inservice" for M-T-W.

When they found classrooms full of empty the last few weeks of seniors because the sun was out and the beaches open, graduation secure, college set as long as they graduated, they decided to let seniors skip final exams IF they had a A or better and had only missed 3 days of school in the semester or a B or better and missed only 2 days of school.

Tucker in Texas

Archived