E-mail confirmation for pre-ordered items

PhoneGoddess

I was just wondering, for those of you that have pre-ordered gifts, services, etc. from Princess, how long it took for you to get a confirmation e-mail.

I pre-ordered some items, as well as the UBB, on Monday of this week and was told that I would be sent a confirmation e-mail. At the end of the next day, I still had not received one, so I called again.

The CR that I spoke to tried to convince me that e-mails are not sent directly from their computers and can take hours, even days. I can't remember verbatim what spiel he gave me, but it was the most absurd thing that I had ever heard.

It is now Friday and still no e-mail confirmation. We're not leaving until June 5th, but I want to have it when I board the ship just in case there is any kind of problem or mix-up. I'm about to call again, but thought that I would see if this is the norm or not.

Thanks everyone and happy cruising! :)

Thanks everyone!

Now that you mention it .. I ordered a bunch of things, including internet minutes.. about 3 weeks ago. I don't remember getting an email confirmation. I'll take a look. The only way I knew it went through was I saw the charge on my credit card statement.

Edited to add: I looked it up and I never received an email confirmation.

Now that you mention it .. I ordered a bunch of things, including internet minutes.. about 3 weeks ago. I don't remember getting an email confirmation. I'll take a look. The only way I knew it went through was I saw the charge on my credit card statement.

Yeah the charge went through on my credit card as well so I do know that the order is in, but I don't exactly trust that everything will be as it should be when we board. ;) That's why I would like to print our the e-mail and take it with me.

I was finally able to get onto Princess.com to write an email but it goes to customer relations. I couldn't find any other email addresses. They replied that it could take up to 2-4 weeks for a reply .. *****??

When I get home from work I'm going to call them.

You're right I'd like a list myself.. I even forgot what I ordered.

On my last two cruises with Princess they did not send a confirmation email for a soda package and a bottle of champagne. I've decided not to continue pre-ordering such things, since they no longer deliver the items to your room. Used to be they brought them to you soon after boarding. Now they leave a card and you have to call and redeem the items from room service. You don't save any money by pre-ordering, so if you have to call, you might as well just wait and call to order them once you get on board.

Same thing happened to me, I ordered on Tuesday and still had not received the email by Wed. So I called Wednesday night and told the CSR that I had not gotten the email confirmation, he sent one right out. I got the email within 10 minutes.

I would call back and ask them to resend it.:)

Same thing happened to me, I ordered on Tuesday and still had not received the email by Wed. So I called Wednesday night and told the CSR that I had not gotten the email confirmation, he sent one right out. I got the email within 10 minutes.

I would call back and ask them to resend it.:)

10 minutes huh? You mean it didn't take hours, even days? :rolleyes:

Thanks Jocelyn! I'm going to give them another call now.

I always order flowers for our cabin. I fax my request to Princess and never have received a confirmation - email or otherwise. The only time this was a problem was when we boarded a cruise in Bangkok and we had a certificate for a picture frame (!) in our cabin. It was a substitute because the flowers weren't available. We declined the swap and received a credit back.

Oh yes, the flowers always include a mushy note for my DW. It's a tradition. ;)

I ordered items at 2 different times and never received the first order, so when I placed the second order I told them I wanted a receipt emailed on both orders. I had the receipt for both within 5 minutes. Just bother them until the do.

Okay so I called during work and the CSR told me they don't send emails and couldn't understand why I wanted one. (insert eye rolling smiley here).

She would gladly put the items on my personalizer, however, so I could print out what I ordered.

I guess I will call back later on and request an email or receipt.

I order stuff all the time from them and sometimes I get e-mail confirmations and sometimes I don't. It's that way for most of the cruise lines (except RCI who always send them punctually).

Yes, the info. he gave you is correct - sometimes it can take 10 mins. and sometimes it can take 24-48 hrs. depending on how back-logged they are with sending out e-mails and faxes.

Yes, the info. he gave you is correct - sometimes it can take 10 mins. and sometimes it can take 24-48 hrs. depending on how back-logged they are with sending out e-mails and faxes.

Actually what he was trying to tell me was that it can take hours or even days for the e-mail to be received after it has been sent. :rolleyes:

Anyway, I just spoke to a rep who told me that they are having a problem with their e-mail server. It was funny because first he told me that they attempted to send me the e-mail twice and it failed both times, yet I have received at least a dozen promotional e-mails from them this week. :D

So this rep took down my booking number and told me that he would re-send the e-mail to me on Monday morning because they should have the problem corrected by then.

I'm not really sure if I believe him or not, but no matter, I will get my receipt.....eventually. ;)

Thanks for the replies!

10 minutes huh? You mean it didn't take hours, even days? :rolleyes:

Thanks Jocelyn! I'm going to give them another call now.

Yeah:D:D

The funny part is that the women who first took my order asked me what email address she should send the confirmation too. I didn't even think of it, and then I only remembered I didn't get it because Ed was snooping around trying to find out what I got him for his birthday:D

So I called Princess again. This time after several tries, I finally received a confirmation e-mail. Great huh? But it's only for 1 of the 5 items that I pre-ordered! :rolleyes: The CR even asked me if I wanted it for all of the items (she read them off) and I said yes. I guess I have to call again. This is very frustrating! I mean how difficult can this be? :mad:

NYGirl1002, did you receive yours yet?

I got an email today finally listing what I bought.

I guess I can say better late than never.. however, I wasted more time than I should have just to get the stupid confirmation.

No kidding!

Well I'm glad you finally got it. I hope you have a fantastic cruise! :)

Thanks PhoneGoddess. I just noticed you'll be getting on the CB as I am getting off! What cabin are you in?

We're in C730 which I understand is an ideal balcony cabin because the balcony is larger and half-covered. We're very excited because we like to spend a lot of time on the balcony just watching the ocean.

FWIW I have ordered gift items before every cruise and have never gotten an email confirmation.

I just save the order form that I faxed with the date written on it and check my credit card to see that the charge appears the next day or so.

Never had a problem.

Mike:)

I was wondering if I can pre-order items by email instead of by fax. If so, which email address would I use?

No, there is no way to email the request. But you can call 1-800 Princess and they can take the order and your credit card info for payment. ;)

Archived