Cabins w/pullmans

If you don't need them ..you won't know their there...and they won't be in your way as they usually have to be pulled down by the room steward with a certain key..to release them from the ceiling...

I wouldn't worry about it, but for clarification, are you concerned you're taking the cabin of someone who needs the Pullman or do you think there is something about the room that makes it less optimal than a room with only 2 berths?

If it's the former, there are usually a good number of rooms which hold more than 2. If it's the latter, the Pullman is fully stored inside the ceiling so you won't even notice it's there.

You did not say what ship you booked. This is important because on some ships ( virtually all cruise lines) the upper berths are in the cabin ceiling and thus innocuous. On other ships( virtually all cruise lines) they are simply attached to the walls, fold down and hang into the cabin space. DH finds these at times uncomfortable.

We booked side by side rooms(adjoining) w/pullmans....we won't be using the pullmans..should we book different cabins?

Another note, adjoining is not connecting. If you want to be able to go between the rooms without going into the hall you want connecting. If you want to just be next to the others than you want adjoining. Hope this helps.

Usually they do not assign rooms that hold 3 or 4, to doubles until all the doubles are sold out. The pullman's won't be in your way, and it might be likely, you won't be able to get another room.

On RCI I don't believe this is correct..you can request the cabin you want..only ones noted with min. occupancy have to usually adhere to that..They would not stop you from booking a JS just because it might have a sofabed thus would hold 3 or 4 passengers...

When I just booked on Freedom for next May my TA said that if I wanted an inside quad than I had to book pretty quickly as they went really fast. I'm surprised they put just a two-fer into a quad....but I'm a newbie, so what do I know??!:rolleyes:

Another note, adjoining is not connecting. If you want to be able to go between the rooms without going into the hall you want connecting. If you want to just be next to the others than you want adjoining. Hope this helps.

The person from RCI told me there was a door in between...

We are sailing on AOS balcony room(E1)

For a good site to check your cabin location and if it is connecting or adjoining, I use ********** dot com. The deck plans are displayed all on one page so you can see what is above your cabin and what is below - such as the jacuzzi or the pool or the disco.

For a good site to check your cabin location and if it is connecting or adjoining, I use ********** dot com. The deck plans are displayed all on one page so you can see what is above your cabin and what is below - such as the jacuzzi or the pool or the disco.

what is that word that was deleted out?

Archived