**Golden Princess May 14, 2011 - Vancouver To Seattle**

LEtue

Looks like age 7. Here is the link from the Princess website. I really like the looks of this one :D

http://www.princess.com/learn/shorex/shorexdetail.jsp?shorexId=SGY-760

Oh bummer. My 6 year old could not participate. I bet my older DD would adore it though. Really too bad because I would not want to split up for excursions, if possible. I guess that means we have to go back to Alaska in 2012 so that my younger DD can do this one too!

Katherine

Oh, that is a bummer. :(

Hopefully there is something else listed in the Princess excursions that will work for everyone. I'm really leaning towards a ships excursion here since we have limited port time.

Me too! No matter what sort of guarantees an excursion offers, if something happens (flat tire on bus...), the ship aint gonna wait for us unless it's through Princess. So at this port without a doubt we are gonna do Princess. The rest of the stops we'll probably do on our own.

Katherine

Me too! No matter what sort of guarantees an excursion offers, if something happens (flat tire on bus...), the ship aint gonna wait for us unless it's through Princess. So at this port without a doubt we are gonna do Princess. The rest of the stops we'll probably do on our own.

Katherine

Yes, in Ketchikan I will definitely do a ship's excursion due to the limited port time. :)

Found this over on the West Coast Departure Boards.....

Pan Pacific Vancouver Tourism Promotion

Just got an e-mail from the Pan Pacific Vancouver for their Tourism Vancouver Fall Promotion - $169 per night pre-paid non-cancellable. Go directly to the panpacificvancouver website - use promotion IDDRRS. Don't know if it lasts long enough for anyone here.

Yeah sorry for my absence also. We went to Orlando this weekend and stayed at the new Waldorf. It was quite awesome. One of my former colleagues in the hotel business now runs their convention area, and she upgraded us to an amazing suite. It was quite a surprise to say the least. Great place, can't wait to go back...

So Meg and I have pretty well definitely decided to do Harv and Marv in Juneau and the WP/Snowshoe hike in Skagway. Unsure what if anything we'll do in Ketchikan..

Who's ready for some football this weekend?!?! I must share with you guys, we turned our cable off 2 months ago as an experiment. It has been fantastic and I don't think we'll ever go back, but my primary concern was how to watch football. Well you gotta love ESPN 3, cause they're showing both of the first two Gator games. Assuming I don't get to go to them:)

So what is this Lion's Gate Bridge? I think I'm picturing the secret doors, as we found the same thing on our last Carnival cruise, but do tell....

Yeah sorry for my absence also. We went to Orlando this weekend and stayed at the new Waldorf. It was quite awesome. One of my former colleagues in the hotel business now runs their convention area, and she upgraded us to an amazing suite. It was quite a surprise to say the least. Great place, can't wait to go back...

So Meg and I have pretty well definitely decided to do Harv and Marv in Juneau and the WP/Snowshoe hike in Skagway. Unsure what if anything we'll do in Ketchikan..

Who's ready for some football this weekend?!?! I must share with you guys, we turned our cable off 2 months ago as an experiment. It has been fantastic and I don't think we'll ever go back, but my primary concern was how to watch football. Well you gotta love ESPN 3, cause they're showing both of the first two Gator games. Assuming I don't get to go to them:)

So what is this Lion's Gate Bridge? I think I'm picturing the secret doors, as we found the same thing on our last Carnival cruise, but do tell....

Hi, deej

Here's something that shows sailing away from Vancouver:

http://www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/sailout.htm

Lion's Gate Bridge is one of the benchmarks.

If the Golden is like the Caribbean Princess, if you walk forward, past all the cabins on the Lido deck, there are unmarked doors that lead to an observation deck. It should be a great place to be. However, there may be better places I don't know about!

Mary

BTW - I'm soooo ready for some football!!

Very cool site! I remember sailing under the bridge out of Vancouver (and then turning right so that we can sail inside the true inside passage instead of out in the open waters). It was a gorgeous sailaway. One of these days, I am going to scan in my pix (it was 2002 so I still didn't have a digital camera!).

I too am ready for football. 1/2 day of work for me tomorrow and then off till Tuesday! Yeeeehawwww.

Katherine

I like to be on the port side so I can watch Stanley Park as we leave Canada Place. It is an AWESOME place, and those of you planning some pre-cruise time in Vancouver might want to spend some time at least driving through the park (the HOHO does a very nice job of that). You can get off at the Aquarium, which is excellent and has a fabulous Beluga whale show, and get back on to complete the loop.

Just a thought...

Hi, deej

Here's something that shows sailing away from Vancouver:

http://www3.telus.net/cruise_watch/sailout.htm

Lion's Gate Bridge is one of the benchmarks.

If the Golden is like the Caribbean Princess, if you walk forward, past all the cabins on the Lido deck, there are unmarked doors that lead to an observation deck. It should be a great place to be. However, there may be better places I don't know about!

Mary

BTW - I'm soooo ready for some football!!

Wow! Thanks for sharing such a wonderful collection of pics! Great vantage points!

Can we hardly wait!?!

For those of you that are Princess regulars, where is the best place to be when we sail under the Lions Gate Bridge?

I'm thinking the Lido deck all the way forward through the "secret" doors?

Other suggestions?

Mary

Anywhere up on deck is actually fine. It is pretty awesome. The city and Granville Island will be port side and the view is very nice :D

When we sailed from Vancouver on the Island Princess we used the upper level pool solarium for cover (it was a bit cool and rainy that day) and just stepped outside at sailaway. So I guess the weather could determine where you want to be.....

I like to be on the port side so I can watch Stanley Park as we leave Canada Place. It is an AWESOME place, and those of you planning some pre-cruise time in Vancouver might want to spend some time at least driving through the park (the HOHO does a very nice job of that). You can get off at the Aquarium, which is excellent and has a fabulous Beluga whale show, and get back on to complete the loop.

Just a thought...

Great suggestion, we plan on renting some bicycles one day and taking a ride through the park. May even do that the morning of embarkation if we get up really early.

Our mini is on starboard side, so sounds like we'll be up on deck to watch the city go by. Of course, the deck is the best place for sail away anyway:D

From Vancouver, I like to be high and forward until we pass under the bridge. At that point, I like to move aft and watch us sailaway from Vancouver until we turn towards the Inside Passage.

After that, it's time to get ready for dinner!

Mary

Just found this website. Seems helpful for Vancouver.

http://www.tourismvancouver.com/visitors/

Time to update the avatars! It's football season :D

I updated mine last week... to the Big 12. I'm a Baylor Bears fan... we're just glad to be at the table and grateful to all the members of the Big 12...

Sic 'em Bears.... Hook 'em Horns... Gig 'em Aggies... Boomer Sooner (as much as I HATE to say that)....

Isn't this a GREAT time of year!!!! :D

BTW, Linda... We're MORE than happy to give you Nebraska in the next year or so!

Archived