How to upgrade

I know its probably been on here before but I cant seem to find it. How do you try to get an upgrade when you check in on the day of your cruise. Also if anyone knows the cost of the upgrades, is it the regular price difference between what you currently have booked and what is available to upgrade to or is there another way they figure it since the rooms are empty. Thanks I reallt appreciate it. :confused::)

I know its probably been on here before but I cant seem to find it. How do you try to get an upgrade when you check in on the day of your cruise. Also if anyone knows the cost of the upgrades, is it the regular price difference between what you currently have booked and what is available to upgrade to or is there another way they figure it since the rooms are empty. Thanks I reallt appreciate it. :confused::)

It is very unlikely that you could get an upgrade the day of your cruise. Most cruises are always full.

The first person to ask for is the Pier Coordinator. He/she will have a list of still available cabins..........and the price for the upgrade.

Unfortunately.......most ships are sailing full.........or most of the good catagories have already been given away.

My DW just returned from the first Alaska trip..........and had booked a D-1, knowing that she would at least be upgraded to a JS.

Well, the Gods were against her........and she had her D-1 cabin.. The ship was packed.

Rick

Just so you know I booked the cabin I wanted, but since there are open cabins just one week before we go I know that I've read on here about upgrading when getting onboard so I was hoping that the right person would answer and tell me the usual price increase to do it. There's is no reason to get rude. I will be happy where ever my room is because when I cruise I always have a great time. So thanks but No Thanks for your rude comment.:);)

Maybe give them a call and ask if there are any last minute upgrades available and how much. Then they will tell you what to do at check in also if it can be done. Have that Visa card ready. Also, if you used a TA that's what they would do.

My DW just returned from the first Alaska trip..........and had booked a D-1, knowing that she would at least be upgraded to a JS.

I thought upgrades were hard to come by? Don't most talk about the mysterious 'upgrade fairy' !! LOL

I'll guess if you are looking to pay for your upgrade-first on line would be the trick I'm thinking???

I know on my Serenade sailing, one couple we travelled with had a problem with an Ocean View they booked and were moved to a balcony room. so-at least she was not sold out.

I thought upgrades were hard to come by? Don't most talk about the mysterious 'upgrade fairy' !! LOL

I'll guess if you are looking to pay for your upgrade-first on line would be the trick I'm thinking???

I know on my Serenade sailing, one couple we travelled with had a problem with an Ocean View they booked and were moved to a balcony room. so-at least she was not sold out.

This just proves your point that upgrades are hard to come by!!:D;)

Rick

Book the cabin you want ...not the cabin you're hoping to maybe get...

The OP was just asking a question. No need to be rude. This is a forum to get answers not be bashed.

How do you know she was being rude? Did you read her sentence with a mental anger in your voice? I read her sentence with a calm voice thinking she was just giving a good piece of advice. I always book a balcony cabin knowing full well that I would like to have a Jr. Suite or Grand Suite and hope for price drops between when I book and when I cruise. Well I lucked out with a Jr. Suite but the Grand Suite I want went up $800 (not including the extra cost that the insurance will cost because the price of my cruise goes up.) If I had booked the Grand Suite at the beginning I would have paid the same price for it that I paid to upgrade us to the Jr. Suite.

So I agree with the above statement. Book the cabin you want when you first start making your reservations. It is easier to down grade than it is to upgrade.

We asked about ugrading at the pier on our last two cruises (trying to upgrade from inside/oceanview to a balcony). There were cabins available, but the price they wanted for the upgrade was nearly the same difference as if we had just booked the balcony from the beginning. We didn't want to pay that much, so we kept the inside & oceanview.

I imagine that if ships are now sailing full or nearly full, the cost to upgrade would be quite high. :(

Archived