Norwegian Spirit stateroom question

Larrydano

Sharon, myself and another adult would like to book a cabin on the Norwegian Spirit going to Bermuda that will have a full/queen bed and another floor level bed for the 3rd person-not an upper berth type bed.

What categories of staterooms have this bedding available???

Larry

I've sailed the Spirit twice in the AB Penthouse Suite 10002. It's at the front of the ship with two balconies. There is a closed-off master bedroom and a fold-out couch in the livingh area for the third person.

IMHO, it is a great deal on the Spirit -- plus you get the butler and concierge services!:D

Sea Hound:D

I've sailed the Spirit twice in the AB Penthouse Suite 10002. It's at the front of the ship with two balconies. There is a closed-off master bedroom and a fold-out couch in the livingh area for the third person.

IMHO, it is a great deal on the Spirit -- plus you get the butler and concierge services!:D

Sea Hound:D

I think the balconies all have a fold-out couch, suitable for one.

BTW, we recently enjoyed 10002 and would not book it again if there is any possibility of rough seas. We never got any use out of the forward balcony (and the front balcony is tiny compared to forward suites on other NCL ships).

The balcony cabins will have a pull out couch for the third person. I do not think that they are very comfortable. The suite pull outs may be better.

The ocean view cabins will have a pullman that comes down from the ceiling. I believe that the "chair" in the oceanview also has a fold out bed. This was the case in our room. I would not think that an adult would be able to sleep on it. It would also go in between the 2 twin beds. Cabin 8000 and 8500 are 225 sq. feet oceanview cabins. This also has a pullman but may have a trundle bed as well.

The interior cabins will have 3 lower beds (trundle bed and 2 twins) and a pullman. The lower beds will make wall to wall beds. There are some larger interior cabins that may offer you more space, 5035, 6035, 6535.

The Spirit is a unique ship. I think that the AB and AC suites are your best bet. The balcony cabins are the next. However these situations offer the pull out couch. I hope this helps.

We had a balcony on the Spirit in March for 3 adults. When the pull out couch is open, the room is wall-to-wall beds. The pull-out was not very comfortable. There is about 18 inches of space at the end of the beds, just enough to scoot to the end of the bed and get out from that narrow passage. It also means the desk is unusable and the balcony is unaccessible with the beds open, and there is no place to be except on your bed as there is only one chair (and the balcony). Did it ruin our trip? No. Would I book that for 3 again? Probably not. Would pay the additional for 2 insides and split up.

856081353_zQvd3-L.jpg

We had a balcony (deck 11 midship) that had a fold out sofa. To make it more comfortable, put folded blankets under the mattress where the metal bars of the frame are located (to cushion those bars!) You should have extra blankets in the closet or ask the cabin steward for two.

Also, move the desk/vanity chair out from underneath the desk (we put it facing outward along the wall- and put the cooler on it!). This gives you several more inches between the edge of the desk/vanity and the bottom edge of the sofa bed (when it's opened); you'll have just enough space to squeeze through and access the balcony. Or you could climb on top of the person in that bed if they're sleeping in LOL!

If you desire a balcony cabin, see if 10686 is available -- it's almost double the size of a standard balcony cabin, with a double wide balcony. We had this cabin last July, and booked it again for our upcoming cruise this coming July. It has two twin beds that make into a queen, and a single sofa bed.

Ask for an eggcrate mattress to be put on the fold out bed. Do this before you cruise they don't have very many. If they don't have an eggcrate, ask for a padded cushions from the lounge chairs. In the past our room steward have done this for us. Ask your TA to contact NCL to set this up for you. I got these tips from CC and it worked! I have slept on those fold out sofas and the extra padding makes a big difference!

There are some larger interior cabins that may offer you more space, 5035, 6035, 6535.

These are HUGE by inside stateroom standards... just stayed in one last week. 2 lowers, a trundle, a futon and an upper...

• 1 month later...
If you desire a balcony cabin, see if 10686 is available -- it's almost double the size of a standard balcony cabin, with a double wide balcony. We had this cabin last July, and booked it again for our upcoming cruise this coming July. It has two twin beds that make into a queen, and a single sofa bed.

I am looking on NCL's website for this cabin and don't see it. I must be blind....:confused:

I am looking on NCL's website for this cabin and don't see it. I must be blind....:confused:

they still haven't updated the deck plans from before it was in drydock. Its the very last balcony on the port side on deck 10. I got to visit this Cabin on my April cruise and it is huge for a balcony. The entrance to the bathroom is a bit tight but plenty of room for the queen and a pull out sofa .. plus a big balcony.

check out the deck plans from another site - not ncl and you'll see it.

I'm not saying it's a bad thing, but 10686 is aft, on 10, by the kids pool. If you're traveling during the summer there may be a lot of activity, but if you're traveling with a child you'll love the location.

My family just returned from a cruise to Bermuda and there were 400+ kids on the trip.

Archived