Legend Drydock 2011

Boatingmom

I asked our PVP since we leave 2 wks after it comes out and she told me they arent releasing the info as of yet, but she told me what not to expect....WaterWorks, Serenity area or "jumbotron".....She told me once they make it known she would email me

This is a response I got from customer service:

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Currently, we are not aware of the renovations or upgrades that will be completed with this dry dock. Please be advised that the ship will be fully functional after returning from dry dock for your cruise.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Antoinette Bromfield

This is a response I got from customer service:

Good morning,

Thank you for contacting Carnival Cruise Lines. We appreciate the opportunity to be of assistance.

Currently, we are not aware of the renovations or upgrades that will be completed with this dry dock. Please be advised that the ship will be fully functional after returning from dry dock for your cruise.

If there is anything else we can do for you please don't hesitate to ask.

Cordially,

Antoinette Bromfield

So they arent going to do anything at all????? *****???

Maybe we'll get new mattresses, and new carpet! ;)

"SKY"

LOL.....You're probably about right.

If it is only a two week drydock it's scrape the hull, clean the props, replace fabrics, carpets and clean-clean-clean.....Maybe new flat screens and mattresses too.....Cool.....

Um, I don't think the email said that. It said they were not yet aware of what renovations or upgrades would be made.

So you honestly believe they dont know what they are doing until the day they start the dry dock, cause I find that hard to believe as well

As I recall the Nixon administration called it plausible denial. They just want to have something positive to throw out when they need it, so they keep customer service in the dark. The Info isn't that useful once released. Anticipation is always a good thing. Better to hype perceptions than facts. :)

As I recall the Nixon administration called it plausible denial. They just want to have something positive to throw out when they need it, so they keep customer service in the dark. The Info isn't that useful once released. Anticipation is always a good thing. Better to hype perceptions than facts. :)

You offer a good point here........;)

Did you make it known to Carnival?? They need to know this kind of stuff so I dont have to suffer through it next Feb!!LOL:D

No I haven't - I will, cause it did kinda sag in the middle a bit. Actually though, I slept like a baby every night, which is uncommon for me. I did like their sheets and comforters too!

No I haven't - I will, cause it did kinda sag in the middle a bit. Actually though, I slept like a baby every night, which is uncommon for me. I did like their sheets and comforters too!

Their beds are rediculously comfortable, I have never had a bad nights sleep on the ship!

I have never had a bad nights sleep on the ship!

Although I can't quite say "never", I will say that some of the best sleep I've ever had was on a ship, even with matresses that were slightly less than plush.

• 2 months later...
Um, I don't think the email said that. It said they were not yet aware of what renovations or upgrades would be made.

One thing I'm sure they're going to do is put new televisions in. As of December Legend still had the old CRT tv's and they were in pretty bad shape (at least the one in my cabin was) so I'd expect to see flat screen LCD tv's installed.

• 1 month later...
I am now booked for March. Has anyone received any updated info on any changes during the dry dock?

Don't expect any changes or modifications. The purpose behind the dry dock is to comply with the mandatory inspections that are required of the hull. If anything is done to the interior or passenger areas at all, it will be possibly new carpet and a swapping of the TVs, if those have not been done on turn around days.

I fully expect that if you are on board the week before and the week after you would never be able to tell that it had been out of service for two weeks.

Archived