Fascination In Jacksonville

APDMOM

Hi again! I hate to bother you, but I was just wondering if we're still on your schedule for this saturday? Weather and time of departure permitting, of course!

Thanks!

You sure are on our schedule. :) The weather has been mild, but cloudy. We will try our best to get good pictures. Enjoy packing!

Edited by APDMOM

A little off topic...But did you realize that next Nov. 8, Crystal Symphony will be making a port call in JAX? Is this a first? Other than the coastal cruisers that tie up downtown...EM

http://www.cruisetimetables.com/visitingjacksonvilleflorida-08nov2013.html

Thanks for the info, Em! I do think this is a first. I will have to put it on my schedule :)

You sure are on our schedule. :) The weather has been mild, but cloudy. We will try our best to get good pictures. Enjoy packing!

Thank you so so so so so much!!!! Our roll call has been having a blast - we're doing the meet and greet right after muster, and we'll all be waving to you! I really can't wait to meet this rowdy group!

• 1 month later...
Good afternoon! We are sailing out of Jacksonville tomorrow! Can't wait!

If your down that way, would you mind snapping a few shots of the Fascination for me? I would LOVE to see some pics of her with me on it! :D

We are planning on it. In the meantime, here is a pic I took this past Thursday :) Hope we have another beautiful day tomorrow!

b89ae893239526633a05bfd338ebbec5.jpg

We will be on the cruise Feb 2, if you are that way; I would appreciate any pics that you can get.

You took wonderful pics in 2010 when we sailed out with the Dolphins to scatter my son's ashes at sea and I can't tell you how much we cherish those pics. I hope the dolphins will honor us once more on the 3rd Anniversary of his becoming an Angel.

Thank you again, you are so special to do this for so many. You touch so many lives that you may not even realize.

Me too! Me Too!

I just purchased the cruise on Feb 2, I'll be at my usual place in my usual shirt...

ADDED: Oh yeah, just to touch base, we are sailing on the May 11th cruise also (seven days in May ;) ) and we'll have the forward-most Grand Suite on the Starboard side. (Inside the cutout on Upper deck) Don't know yet if we'll be on the balcony or at a M&G on my favorite little stub deck, but look for my trademark in both locations...

Edited by oldrailfan

We will be on the cruise Feb 2, if you are that way; I would appreciate any pics that you can get.

You took wonderful pics in 2010 when we sailed out with the Dolphins to scatter my son's ashes at sea and I can't tell you how much we cherish those pics. I hope the dolphins will honor us once more on the 3rd Anniversary of his becoming an Angel.

Thank you again, you are so special to do this for so many. You touch so many lives that you may not even realize.

Me too! Me Too!

I just purchased the cruise on Feb 2, I'll be at my usual place in my usual shirt...

ADDED: Oh yeah, just to touch base, we are sailing on the May 11th cruise also (seven days in May ;) ) and we'll have the forward-most Grand Suite on the Starboard side. (Inside the cutout on Upper deck) Don't know yet if we'll be on the balcony or at a M&G on my favorite little stub deck, but look for my trademark in both locations...

:D The two of you probably own a part of Fascination by now. I will be getting back from a conference Saturday, but will do my best to get there.

Thank you for the kind words, Anamanxs! I really enjoy doing this and love hearing about those special memories. Hope to see you from shore on Saturday :)

For those who have been on the Fascination, where is the best place to have a CC meet & greet for sail away?

Is the bar at the back of the Verandah deck open, and if so...is that a very crowded place?

Thanks for your advice in advance!!

For those who have been on the Fascination, where is the best place to have a CC meet & greet for sail away?

Is the bar at the back of the Verandah deck open, and if so...is that a very crowded place?

Thanks for your advice in advance!!

The aft end of the Verandah Deck is the Waterworks area. Are you thinking of the Coconut Grove Buffet at the aft end of the Lido Deck? There is a bar and the deli and pizza areas there.

Just outside of that are two little stub decks on either side of the ship, open to weather but shaded by the Verandah Deck, that are great places to hold a M&G, or to just get away from the madness for a while. Look back through this thread about two years ago, where APDMOM and I are discussing where to be on the ship for her to photograph me, or more recently in April or May of last year where we started the exchange about her photographing me on that deck in an orange Hawaiian shirt...

ADDED: Found it: Post #379 on thread page 19, then you can follow the link to a rollcall with more pics of the area.

Edited by oldrailfan

The aft end of the Verandah Deck is the Waterworks area. Are you thinking of the Coconut Grove Buffet at the aft end of the Lido Deck? There is a bar and the deli and pizza areas there.

Just outside of that are two little stub decks on either side of the ship, open to weather but shaded by the Verandah Deck, that are great places to hold a M&G, or to just get away from the madness for a while. Look back through this thread about two years ago, where APDMOM and I are discussing where to be on the ship for her to photograph me, or more recently in April or May of last year where we started the exchange about her photographing me on that deck in an orange Hawaiian shirt...

ADDED: Found it: Post #379 on thread page 19, then you can follow the link to a rollcall with more pics of the area.

It looked like there was a bar on Verendah deck a little forward of the waterworks area.

The little stub decks look great...I just wasn't sure how many other people would think the same thing...i.e. be too crowded.

It looked like there was a bar on Verendah deck a little forward of the waterworks area.

The little stub decks look great...I just wasn't sure how many other people would think the same thing...i.e. be too crowded.

Hmm - I see the one you're talking about... I don't remember a bar in that area, so it may be one of the new ones that were put in place during the last drydock. In any case, that would be right up under the after side of the "Whale Tail," possibly too close to see how the after masthead light almost brushes the bottom of the bridge.

We had a M&G of about 50 people on the starboard stub last April, and it wasn't crowded. Most folks don't even know they are there until someone takes them to it. For all their proximity to the Coconut Grove, they're actually a pretty good "lonely spot" to go and relax and watch the ship's wake on a sea day, and they overlook the Serenity Area for all the voyeurs in the crowd. ;)

ADDED: Remember - as with all "weather" areas, the starboard stub is smoking, the portside is non-smoking.

Edited by oldrailfan
ADDED

Hmm - I see the one you're talking about... I don't remember a bar in that area, so it may be one of the new ones that were put in place during the last drydock. In any case, that would be right up under the after side of the "Whale Tail," possibly too close to see how the after masthead light almost brushes the bottom of the bridge.

We had a M&G of about 50 people on the starboard stub last April, and it wasn't crowded. Most folks don't even know they are there until someone takes them to it. For all their proximity to the Coconut Grove, they're actually a pretty good "lonely spot" to go and relax and watch the ship's wake on a sea day, and they overlook the Serenity Area for all the voyeurs in the crowd. ;)

ADDED: Remember - as with all "weather" areas, the starboard stub is smoking, the portside is non-smoking.

We are on the Fascination right now. Looks to be in good shape but they did NOT put the red frog or Blue Iguana on it. Talked to one of the poolside drink servers and he said they did not have enough time in Drydock to put them in. But overall it is shaping up to be a great cruise. :)

Sent from my iPhone 4s using Tapatalk

Oh thats great to hear enjoy!! I would like to hear when you get back what they offer as far as food in the lunch buffets. My being gluten and not liking to eat seafood makes things so limited for me. Like to know whether they offer soups, meat carvings and veggies at the lunch buffet. Also, if possible like to know what is offered at the dinner buffets since we not care for the dining room food much. Last cruise this past October on the Dream we dined at the steakhouse six evenings, unfortunately the Fascination not have a specialty restaurant. What are the shows offered.

You have a wonderful cruise.

Oh thats great to hear enjoy!! I would like to hear when you get back what they offer as far as food in the lunch buffets. My being gluten and not liking to eat seafood makes things so limited for me. Like to know whether they offer soups, meat carvings and veggies at the lunch buffet. Also, if possible like to know what is offered at the dinner buffets since we not care for the dining room food much. Last cruise this past October on the Dream we dined at the steakhouse six evenings, unfortunately the Fascination not have a specialty restaurant. What are the shows offered.

You have a wonderful cruise.

Will try and get you the info, getting ready for the muster drill adios!! :)

Have not been to dinner buffets. Sorry. But service in the MDR and everywhere else on the ship is a thousand times better and more personable than the Dream was for us in Sept. I guess that is why the Fascination is almost always in the top 5 customer rated ships for carnival each month :)

hi cruise_priate nice key west warm love south Florida! So glad to hear the MDR is better now on her, we didn't like the dream that we went to the steakhouse 6 nights lol. Hope to hear a review later when u get back enjoy your cruise may it go very slow and long for you.

We will be taking our first ever cruise on April 18!! Would love to get you to snap a few shots if you able!! :)

I have added you to my calendar. Glad you found Cruise Critic before your first cruise! It will help you a lot with planning.:)

We are going Jan 28th you took some awesome shots of us last year

I would LOVE to buy you a drink!! :)

Thanks for the offer :D This was not a week we could get away... Rain check? Will have to book another cruise!

Good afternoon! We are sailing out of Jacksonville tomorrow! Can't wait!

If your down that way, would you mind snapping a few shots of the Fascination for me? I would LOVE to see some pics of her with me on it! :D

We were able to take some pictures on Monday. I have not had time to post them yet, but will do so this weekend. Enjoy your cruise :)

cruise_pirate, I am disappointed to hear they did not add Blue Iguana... Hope they will do so in future. Got to have my Huevos Rancheros ;)

Edited by APDMOM
typo

Anyone know what shows Fascination has now? We're sailing Feb 21 and I heard they were retiring "Hey Mambo" and the 80s themed show, which makes me a little sad. My hubby doesn't care for shows, but they're one of my favorite parts so hope it's something good!