Food Network "special event" cruise

spongerob

I'm toying with the idea of booking the Food Network cruise on Constellation in August. It's a bit pricey but manageable and would be a good excuse to try another new cruise line. Details concerning the events on board and the personalities who will be present are a bit sketchy, though. Anyone have any insights?

Saw an ad in an inflight magazine for this last week. Chef Cat Cora from FN and another chef Aaron Sanchez whom I'm not familiar with.

A special events such as a Chefs Competition, etc.

IMHO, I don't think it will be such a big deal. A few years ago we did a cruise on the Constellation that had a "Bon Apetit" magazine theme. I was a bit dissaappointed.

We had a "celebrity" (Not "Celebrity") chef on our Summit transatlantic last year. He was terrific. He did 3 cooking presentations, and the food was served in the MDR that night. Not only was his food wonderful, he and his wife were very approachable. If you are a foodie, I would recommend it.

FWIW, Aaron Sanchez had a show on Food Network a number of years ago. He now serves as a judge on "Chopped" and Stars in "Chef vs.City". Yes, I watch too much FN LOL

I'm toying with the idea of booking the Food Network cruise on Constellation in August. It's a bit pricey but manageable and would be a good excuse to try another new cruise line. Details concerning the events on board and the personalities who will be present are a bit sketchy, though. Anyone have any insights?

I'm on that cruise and noticed earlier this week that the prices had gone down. I guess there's quite a premium on booking with the group, but then you get the perks...

Watching Food Network and they had a promo for the Cat Cora/Aaron Sanchez cruise so I checked it out.

www.foodnetwork.com/travel

It's actually on the Solstice, sailing Aug. 22nd. I love Aaron Sanchez so am quite tempted to do this cruise. Pricing is def. higher (but does include gratuities and taxes). Not sure if I would want to cruise at the end of August though.

Any one with experience on this type of cruise care to comment?

Archived