Jim and Ruth

ookpik

Hi Jim and Ruth,

For some reason you two were heavy on my mind tonight so I googled you and came to this thread. I'm sorry to hear that Ruth has not been feeling well but hopefully thats all changing. My husband David and I cruised with you in April 2004 on the Maasdam. It was our very first cruise and also our engagement cruise ... you gave David advice on buying a diamond in St. Thomas. I'll never forget when we walked into the little jewelry store to buy a ring all we did was mention your name and the red carpet was practically rolled out for us! I believe that might have been a blue-diamond bracelet cruise for Ruth. lol

Funny how some people cross your lives just once in lifetime and make such a huge impression. Even if our paths never cross again (I hope they will) you will never be forgotten! Wishing you both the very best ... ALWAYS!

Robin

• 4 weeks later...

Running late for work, but just had to take the time to post. I am sitting here with tears in my eyes, both over your story of taking care of your dear wife and companion and for all the well wishes that everyone has come here to send to you. My thoughts are with you, sending you all the good vibes I can muster :)

Really hope Ruth is up and being her usual nursy-nurse pain in the butt soon! I am a nurse, we are the very worst patients. I think we think we are made of steel or something and we can never get sick :P

Take care, Ruth!

• 2 weeks later...

I was just thinking about "the lady that gives the slippers away" on her cruises and thought what a wonderful idea that is and was wonderring how she is doing. If you are out there Jim & Ruth, I hope all is well with you and that you are back to cruising soon :)

Archived