Jim and Ruth

ookpik

Jim, as a fellow caretaker, I'm rooting for both of you.

Try not to worry about the forgetfulness for the moment. My mom had the same problem with an infection that was widespread, and it took her quite a while to get back to being herself - long after the antibiotics were finished.

Your slippers always bring a smile to my face. Meer cats! Love that! Are they like this?

00085902-718867_275.jpg?k=4f90c421&pid=85902&s=catl

Hope the road to recovery begins to smooth out for both of you.

Jim, Good luck to both you and Ruth. Anneke and I still fondly remember the cruise in the caribbean with the two of you. Hope she gets better soon and can start spending some of your money on more frivilous things than medicine.

Harlan

Dear Jim and Ruth:

I wish you both good health and future cruises. I still appreciate all you did for the panama canal cruise last year. We will still hold yo tothe invitation of dinner on your balcony in the future.

Jeanne and Scott

Fann1sh,

Those are the Mear Cat slippers. They have been on sale for $13 per pair so we stocked up on them (several cases). The doctors loved them.....

mechcc:

The problem with that tierra is that she is no longer satisfied with dimonairs. Now she wants one with real diamonds....... She tends to be a little on the spoiled side.

Jeanee,

The invitation for dinner is still open for the next time we cruise together.

She had a good day today and was puttering around the house and doing some light housework. In time she will be back to normal. Physical Theropy started today and we are going to shoot for 3 times per week for several weeks.

Have a great night everyone

Ruth & Jim

She had a good day today and was puttering around the house and doing some light housework.

Glad she had a good day. Now, I gotta ask---

Housework? Housework!!! What is she doing, doing housework??? :eek: Has that woman not yet learned how to milk this for all it's worth?

She had a good day today and was puttering around the house and doing some light housework.

Ruth & Jim

Hmmmmmm, maybe you should point out to Ruth that housework doesn't go well with a tiara with real diamonds.

Just an idea...:o

Fann1sh,

She had a good day today and was puttering around the house and doing some light housework. In time she will be back to normal. Physical Theropy started today and we are going to shoot for 3 times per week for several weeks.

Have a great night everyone

Ruth & Jim

Glad to hear Ruth is feeling better. We met on The Veendam last year and were charmed by the two of you :)

Take care.

Ruth is so bored with laying around that she just needs to keep active.

Trust me it is nothing heavy.

She puts the laundry into the dryer and then plays on the computer for a couple hours and then takes a nap then calls me and wants to know when I am going to be home. By then the day is shot and she wants to know what I am fixing for dinner and what time will it be ready.

She has watched every animal channel and health channel program that has ever been made in the last 10 years and is now complaining that there are no new programs on.

She is definitely getting better. I can tell by the amount of complaining.

She told me that November is too long to wait for the next cruise. A very subtle hint.....

Have a great night

Ruth & Jim

Ruth is so bored with laying around that she just needs to keep active.

Trust me it is nothing heavy.

She puts the laundry into the dryer and then plays on the computer for a couple hours and then takes a nap then calls me and wants to know when I am going to be home. By then the day is shot and she wants to know what I am fixing for dinner and what time will it be ready.

She has watched every animal channel and health channel program that has ever been made in the last 10 years and is now complaining that there are no new programs on.

She is definitely getting better. I can tell by the amount of complaining.

She told me that November is too long to wait for the next cruise. A very subtle hint.....

Have a great night

Ruth & Jim

Sounds like you need to plan on a cruise before November. Ruth needs a place to take all those new diamonds. Really glad to hear that Ruth is feeling better and doing better. You've taken such good care of her with all the yogert, milk shakes, and the high protein diet. We've all missed your postings to the boards....

Jim, Melinda and I are very sorry to learn about Ruth's condition. You may remember we sailed and toured together on the Westerdam Southern Caribbean October last year and our Meet and Greet and the tiger slippers you awarded me for organizing the M&G.

I have been studying the meds and was wondering if Zyvox had been considered for Ruth vs. Vancomysin. I also think a 35 day supply is less than $1500 and supposed to be as effective?

Best wishes for a speedy recovery for Ruth and pleased let her know we care about her and will have both of you in our prayers.

Bob

She was on Zyvox and two other ANtibiotics IV in the hospital. SHe came home on all of them po for 10 days.

All of them were really killing her gi tract so they put her on Vancomycin po and asidopholis (?) and it seems to have solved the problem. The diarhea is almost gone and only one lobe of the lungs is congfested now.

I may be a nurse but I am smart enough to know what I don't know and I picked a team of doctors that I have worked with for years to take care of her and they have done a fabulous job. Dr Esat, Infectious Disease, did a great job with her. She was in the ER at midnight the day she was admitted ordering tests and getting the IV's set up. She called me daily to give me a report on Ruth and ask is there was anyting I needed. Granted I have been a home health nurse in this area for 25 years but all of these doctors and the Physicians Assistance went well above the expected in taking care of Ruth and it has been greately appreciated.

We saw our Family Practioner taday and he is happy with her progress. He took my advise and prescribed Marinol 5mg, PO tid for Ruth. I am hoping that this will give her the muchies as well as the other side effects that can be expected form this drug. If you do not know what it is look it up on Wikopedia and you will see why I wanted it for her.... Keeo your fingers crossed

Got paperwork to finish.

Everyone's concerne is greately appreciated and Ruth has got a kick out of reading this thread.

Ruth & Jim

PS

Ruth is the spoiled one

Jim,

Thanks for all the updates - glad to hear Ruth is feeling better.

I went through something similar with DH this past winter, and it takes a while to get back to normal.

Take care of yourself and Ruth!

Honey Bunny joins me in wishing Ruth a speedy and complete recovery, and you extra strength to help her get well. A question - are you sure you didn't ask for the Marinol for yourself?:D You rascal, you!

Smooth Sailing! :):):)

I was tempted to get extra to have some left over but he wanted to use a regular appetite enhancer like Megase that has none of the side effects that I was looking for.

At least he gave us a script for 60 days with 3 refills...........NICE

Have a great summer up in the tindra.....

Ruth & Jim

Jim, I've been keeping up with you on here and I hope Ruth continues to improve and that you're back on a HAL ship really soon. Give her our best wishes. DFD1

Archived