Marriott Biscayne Bay or Hilton Miami Downtown?

md10074

I can understand and sympathize with your unfamiliarity with the various discount hotel sites. However, your cruise is nearly a year in the future. With a little curiosity, you could become one of the world's great experts on the use of those sites in that period of time.

I understand what you are saying. I am a planner and like to get all my "ducks in a row" early. I just seem to be going in circles. I have to just step back and wait awhile and find a friend that can clue me in the Hotwire, etc. stuff:)

You say this but I am more confused also. I read about all the good deals that everyone finds and I call the hotel directly and the prices are close to $200.00 for Marriott Biscayne and over $200.00 for Holiday Inn Port of Miami:eek:

I have never used Hotwire, etc. and I have looked on them many times lately and I do not understand how they work:confused:

I am using SAS for their shuttle when we fly into FLL on the Friday and they will not "shuttle" to LaQuinta East. I had it all figured out we would stay their the Friday night and take the shuttle or cab to the POM Saturday morning:(

They will only shuttle to hotels in Miami Beach, South Beach and downtwon Miami. I was going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale (Sleep Inns) which is were we stayed last month, and take SAS shuttle in the morning to POM. The only problem is they will not pick us up until after 11:00 and I don't know how many hotels they pick up at. The ride is only about 1/2 hour but I want to get on the ship early enough to book a cabana in Half Moon Cay:confused::confused:

HELP!

If you want to get on the ship early enough to book a cabana or anything else you should just forget about the shuttle. Stay in Miami and take a cab to the ship and this way you can go as early as you want and do not have to wait for the shuttle to make stops at other hotels.

I think if you call the hotel for prices way ahead of time, they are going to have high rates. I got the Marriott for $99 on the hotel website when they were running a special but it was a month before my cruise.

Hotwire is not difficult. You put in the date and city and some prices come up for different hotels. Pick one and they charge your credit card then. If you pick a 31/2* or 4* hotel in downtown Miami, you will get one of the hotels we have been talking about.

If you want to get on the ship early enough to book a cabana or anything else you should just forget about the shuttle. Stay in Miami and take a cab to the ship and this way you can go as early as you want and do not have to wait for the shuttle to make stops at other hotels.

I think if you call the hotel for prices way ahead of time, they are going to have high rates. I got the Marriott for $99 on the hotel website when they were running a special but it was a month before my cruise.

Hotwire is not difficult. You put in the date and city and some prices come up for different hotels. Pick one and they charge your credit card then. If you pick a 31/2* or 4* hotel in downtown Miami, you will get one of the hotels we have been talking about.

Thanks, I will try it. I just get worried if I wait too long something will go wrong:o As for the shuttle. I don't care if I have a shuttle from the hotel to the port, it is only $10.00. I was planning on SAS to get me from FLL to Miami. When I saw some of the prices people are getting for hotels in downtown I figured I was doing something wrong:( So I was going with LaQuinta, inexpensive.

You say this but I am more confused also. I read about all the good deals that everyone finds and I call the hotel directly and the prices are close to $200.00 for Marriott Biscayne and over $200.00 for Holiday Inn Port of Miami:eek:

I have never used Hotwire, etc. and I have looked on them many times lately and I do not understand how they work:confused:

I am using SAS for their shuttle when we fly into FLL on the Friday and they will not "shuttle" to LaQuinta East. I had it all figured out we would stay their the Friday night and take the shuttle or cab to the POM Saturday morning:(

They will only shuttle to hotels in Miami Beach, South Beach and downtwon Miami. I was going to stay in Ft. Lauderdale (Sleep Inns) which is were we stayed last month, and take SAS shuttle in the morning to POM. The only problem is they will not pick us up until after 11:00 and I don't know how many hotels they pick up at. The ride is only about 1/2 hour but I want to get on the ship early enough to book a cabana in Half Moon Cay:confused::confused:

HELP!

If you want a cheap price on the HI POM, someone posted a link to slickdeals where they have a link to a friends & family rate. If you use that link, you can get a room with 2 beds for $115. But, if you then go through ebates, you can get it for $102. I was going to do that, but what I got was cheaper and it's good enough.

What you mentioned about SAS is another reason why I decided to stay in Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale. I know my husband likes to be early, and I didn't want to have to wait for SAS to come mid-morning and then make other stops.

Oh well, good luck for everyone else looking for good rates!

If you want a cheap price on the HI POM, someone posted a link to slickdeals where they have a link to a friends & family rate. If you use that link, you can get a room with 2 beds for $115. But, if you then go through ebates, you can get it for $102. I was going to do that, but what I got was cheaper and it's good enough.

What you mentioned about SAS is another reason why I decided to stay in Miami instead of Ft. Lauderdale. I know my husband likes to be early, and I didn't want to have to wait for SAS to come mid-morning and then make other stops.

Oh well, good luck for everyone else looking for good rates!

Has anyone tried this lately:confused: It says it expired May 31, 2009.

Update***** I have updated the link using my regional operation manager's info. So when you make your reservation, print out your voucher, and your friend/family contact is "Lisa Berry" and she is located in "Charleston, SC" You may now book up to a year out, up until May 31, 2009. Enjoy everyone!!!!

I am traveling in January and the Mariott is $229!! I'd love to see those $99 specials, but I'm guessing not in January.

Yes, I stayed at the Biscayne Bay Marriott this past Jan 3rd for $99, a special on their website but I booked it about a month in advance.......too early now for specials to show up for next Jan.

I'm planning on losing my Priceline virginity on this cruise! we're going to use it to book a hotel in Miami pre-cruise and a hotel in Fort Lauderdale post-cruise.

can't wait to see what exciting deals i can scrounge up!

I'm planning on losing my Priceline virginity on this cruise! we're going to use it to book a hotel in Miami pre-cruise and a hotel in Fort Lauderdale post-cruise.

can't wait to see what exciting deals i can scrounge up!

Good luck! I was all set to do priceline, but everything is for double occupancy and I didn't want to hassle with calling the hotel to get 2 beds if they were only giving me one, or worry about them charging extra for more people.

Good luck! I was all set to do priceline, but everything is for double occupancy and I didn't want to hassle with calling the hotel to get 2 beds if they were only giving me one, or worry about them charging extra for more people.

I did not know that it is only for two (one bed)

We are three (Dh, myself and DS age 16)

I did not know that it is only for two (one bed)

We are three (Dh, myself and DS age 16)

You might get lucky and they have 2 beds in the room, but I didn't want to hassle with that. They say on Priceline that after you win, to call the hotel and let them know what accomodations you need, but apparently there is no guarantee that they will accomodate you. I think they most likely would, but I didn't want to hear my husband yell at me if they didn't. LOL

Yes, I stayed at the Biscayne Bay Marriott this past Jan 3rd for $99, a special on their website but I booked it about a month in advance.......too early now for specials to show up for next Jan.

I'll continue to stalk their website!! Thanks for letting me know you travelled in January!

You might get lucky and they have 2 beds in the room, but I didn't want to hassle with that. They say on Priceline that after you win, to call the hotel and let them know what accomodations you need, but apparently there is no guarantee that they will accomodate you. I think they most likely would, but I didn't want to hear my husband yell at me if they didn't. LOL

I know what you mean:p I make all the plans and if something goes wrong it is my fault. I tell him next time you make the plans:cool: Like that will ever happen:rolleyes:

I know what you mean:p I make all the plans and if something goes wrong it is my fault. I tell him next time you make the plans:cool: Like that will ever happen:rolleyes:

I hear ya! If i waited til he made the plans, we'd be celebrating our retirement instead of an anniversary!

I booked Marriott but they cant guarantee me the 2 beds.. which is frustrating as i didnt use any of the "discounted" sites to book. So i am wondering if i would be better of going to the HI POM? I paid 119 for marriott and i believe it was close to the same pricing for hi pom. I am a month out and want to get this taken care of! Which is better?

It says on their website "rollaway beds permitted" so if you get a king instead of doubles, can't they give you a rollaway bed? Also, did you use the promotion where if you use your Visa card to book it, you get a $25 visa gift card? I thought that was a pretty good deal even though I didn't end up booking that hotel.

I booked Marriott but they cant guarantee me the 2 beds.. which is frustrating as i didnt use any of the "discounted" sites to book. So i am wondering if i would be better of going to the HI POM? I paid 119 for marriott and i believe it was close to the same pricing for hi pom. I am a month out and want to get this taken care of! Which is better?

This is why I want to book now for April. Is it they can't guarantee 2 beds because you are booking within 30 days?

I made a reservation for the Marriott Biscayne Bay. They told me I can't get 2 double beds but 1 King. We are 4 people, do this room have a sofabed ? Thanks in advance !:confused:

Is this the same, waited too long to book:confused:

I booked the first week of April !

OMG:eek:

I think I will try and book with http://slickdeals.net/forums/showthread.php?t=1580935

the date I need is $133.00 I can live with that.

I noticed it says 1 king or two doubles.

Maybe if I book early enough I can get 2 double beds.

I can live with the rollaway for one night if need be also.

Do they charge extra if you need a rollaway?

Mine said 1 king or 2 doubles, i hit the 2 doubles and after everything it said that it could not guarantee me the 2 beds and they dont have rollaways only if you have a king sized bed. I emailed and asked if there was a couch or something and was told that it was a chair with something so i guess we will stay with that and hope that we will get either the 2 doubles or the rollaway..

Archived