NCL iPhone app: what would you like to see?

kruzkid

RCCL and Celebrity bith have an iphone app, and I wouldnt be supprised if NCL had one soon. If so, what would you like to see in it? I would like to see

Itin search engine

Ship details/ deck plans

webcam viewer

news

access to My NCL account

Everyone share your ideas!

Some of your ideas are great! I like the deck plan and web cam viewers. How about:

• Freestyle Dailies (and wouldn't it be cool if it were interactive, tied in with the deck plans, where you could click on a deck location and it would tell you what was going on there at that moment?)
  • Restaurant reservations
  • Spa appointments
  • Ship-specific GPS so you could electronically pinpoint where your loved-ones are on the ship (yeah, i know it would be expensive, but it's a wish list)
  • Local weather forecasts based on your specific itinerary and sailing dates
  • Mobile boarding docs (like some of the airlines do, so you don't have to print them)
  • Reminders via text message of things you've electronically highlighted in the Freestyle Daily that are coming up so you don't miss them

Some of your ideas are great! I like the deck plan and web cam viewers. How about:

• Freestyle Dailies (and wouldn't it be cool if it were interactive, tied in with the deck plans, where you could click on a deck location and it would tell you what was going on there at that moment?)
  • Reminders via text message of things you've electronically highlighted in the Freestyle Daily that are coming up so you don't miss them

These two are great ideas that would be very usefull!

Expensive to implement, but great ideas!

:p The telephone in my cabin and my freestyle daily have always seemed to work for me. If it's expensive to implement I doubt NCL will do it. If if makes the cost of my cruise go up I hope they don't.

I have an iphone. I love cool stuff.

I am more than happy to do my ship stuff online with a computer with a large screen. And, finding my way around on the ship is very easy, with or without the printed stuff they give you, and the floor plans near every elevator and stairway.

• Restaurant reservations
  • Spa appointments
  • Ship-specific GPS so you could electronically pinpoint where your loved-ones are on the ship (yeah, i know it would be expensive, but it's a wish list)
  • Local weather forecasts based on your specific itinerary and sailing dates
  • Mobile boarding docs (like some of the airlines do, so you don't have to print them)

That are nice idea but keep in mind that required a wifi connection to there EXPENSIVE internet access. So are you willing to pay 0.75$/min to download the freestyle which will take almost 5min to download at the speed of there connection? Not sure...

That are nice idea but keep in mind that required a wifi connection to there EXPENSIVE internet access. So are you willing to pay 0.75$/min to download the freestyle which will take almost 5min to download at the speed of there connection? Not sure...

Not if the app was locally hosted on the ship. No need to access the Internet just wifi. Think of it like interactive TV. ;)

Not if the app was locally hosted on the ship. No need to access the Internet just wifi. Think of it like interactive TV. ;)

I LOVE this idea! darn it all...now Im going to have to spend the rest of my lunch looking at the apps RCCL has. Like I need something else to get me addicted to cruising.

I really like the idea of seeing the dailies! We can only dream!

I agree, i'm a developper and i must say it will be a mess to implement something locally on each ship.

I just receive my developpement kit from apple and i was thinking a "test" application to made. I maybe try to do something. I will keep you updated;)

I've looked at those apps, and have often wished that one were availible for NCL.

Even if it only included floor plans for each ship, that would be very nice.

As for GPS, or tracking, or any of the others...GPS is "spotty" at best, and would be useless inside a steel ship...tracking would be quite difficult.

The Dailies and menus and schdules, would be difficult to say the least (and would require cooperation and expenses from NCL).

Just give me the floor plans for the ship that I am on, and I'll pay a buck, or two!

• 1 month later...

I loaded an app. last night on my phone. I think that most cruise lines are available. Norwegian's shows floors and information about ports, and schedule of ship even a countdown clock.

"Ship Mate Norwegian" search for it. It's FREE

John

I loaded an app. last night on my phone. I think that most cruise lines are available. Norwegian's shows floors and information about ports, and schedule of ship even a countdown clock.

"Ship Mate Norwegian" search for it. It's FREE

John

Thanks John!

That is precisely the app that I was waiting for.

I knew that there was one for Carnival, but was not aware of the new one for NCL.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived