Star Princess Russia-Non Princess Tours

ninapeter

There have been several posts in the past about Princess not allowing non Princess Tour passengers to disembark early for their St. Petersburg tours. Happily, this year, (last week) Star Princess Hotel General Manager Mrs. Sheila Griffin allowed the non Princess tour passengers to be the FIRST off the ship. In a cruisecritic meeting Mrs. Sheila Griffin told us that she had heard of the difficulties of private tour passengers getting off last year to get to their tours and she made every effort to make sure that things went smoothly this year. And it did. The fact that Princess listens to its passengers and managers, this years ships visiting St. Petersburg did work very hard to insure the fast disembarkation of its non ships tour visitors. We were all impressed that Mrs. Griffin took note of past problems and fixed them. Thank you.

We had no problems at all getting off the Emerald last June but I understand that a few cruises have had difficulty. Hope this fixes it once and for all. Now if Princess would just stop telling people the incorrect info when it comes to visas.

We had a lot of people complaining about not being allowed off right before our Baltic

cruise last Sept. Our group met where we thought disembarking would leave from, and

stood in front of the closed doors. People started coming and filled the small area and

started filling the stairs. A Princess staff member came out the closed doors and told us

we had to move for the Princess tour people. I just smiled and said no, we were leaving

from that point. She just said OK, and when they opened the doors, I was first off.

I'm so glad to know that's been straightened out, because it's no fun worrying about

how you'll get off to meet your tour guide in St Petersburg at the set time.

Archived